Game of Thrones - The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray Limited Edition Box Set) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: December 3, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $249.99

81fZWQC1ypL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rodtp
Pre-ordered. Best price so far...will monitor price evolution in other countries.
However with Lord of the Rings i was doing the same without pre-ordering and missed it...

This would've been an instant purchase for me before this trainwreck of a final season... Not too eager to have this in my collection now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
Now available at Zavvi but I will stick with my Amazon USA order for now priced at zavvi £299 here is hoping I can get this locally and it's cheaper again time will tell,we had the dragon edition so chance jb might get these.

It does look a beaut, but the price is enormous for just the packaging, and that’s even without 4K. Will keep my pre-order and consider it closer to release (because it is still tempting) but I’ll probably stick with the steelbook collection and possibly wait for a 4K set.

I pre-ordered this last night from Amz.com when I noticed the price drop.
As it is not due for release until December, I've got lots of time to see what "Collector editions" others might come up with but I feel better having this one banked until then. :)
If someone comes up with something better, I can always cancel.

I shall make a sacrifice and accept an edition with Natalie Dormer and Rose Leslie. (Yes, I get two for missing out on Emilia Clarke) :naughty:;)

I do wonder if they will do like Breaking Bad and release a steelbook box set. I'd probably go for that since I missed buying them in the first place.
Deal! :D

I'd be interested in a full steel set too if the price was right, which it probably wouldn't be.

Reactions: TheJoker
Preordered! :D

If it drops anymore in price I'll be covered with the Pre-Order Price Guarantee and get it for the lowest price. Plus I've created a Price Watch with 3-Camels to let me know if it decreases in price again. :)

Received my set a little early, as the release date is December 2. Mine is the Nordic (Finland/Sweden/Norway/Denmark) version, but it should be similar to the US and UK versions. Overall, it's a really cool set imo. The outer box is made of wood, while the individual cases are vinyl-like cases and made of thick cardboard. The wooden box was packaged in a styrofoam-padded cardboard box, which was nice as it prevented damage during transit.

The diorama image formed by the cases looks really nice in person. The box set has 3 additional bonus discs and the season cases have 4 discs per season (seasons 1-6) and seasons 7-8 have 3 discs each. The bonus sleeve also includes a small booklet, which was disappointing, as it basically only lists the contents of the discs + episodes. No character bios, episode synopses, family trees or maps. At least it has nice artwork, but the booklet could and should have been a lot better. Luckily all the retailer exclusive bonus features are included on the bonus discs. Conquest & Rebellion is also included.

The set is also a lot bigger than I expected. I honestly thought it would be only slightly bigger than regular Blu-ray box sets, but it's huge. I put one steelbook in a couple of pictures as comparison. The box set doesn't really include that many goodies, only the Hand of the King pin (that is used to lock the leather strap on the side of the box), the small booklet and a thank you letter.

Here are some pics of the set. Overall, a really nice and beautiful set, but I would have preferred to have some sort of book (or a bigger booklet) that would have included some character bios, maps etc. The artwork on the sleeves is beautiful and two-sided. However, the sleeves are really impractical to slide in or out of the box, as they're so closely packed in, so they tend to stuck onto each other and it's a bit of a hassle to get them out (or put them back in). The box set also has two protective and translucent plastic films next to season 1 sleeve and the bonus sleeve. They can easily be slided out of the box, but I prefer to have them, as it creates a window-like look to the diorama and prevents dust from getting into the diorama.

JdMsROv.jpg

ep2xg3g.jpg

yECwLx4.jpg

0oBrv4R.jpg

i6Y3Srf.jpg

pXGuJ0y.jpg

ZtXBT8k.jpg

7ni4HIi.jpg

aPXLeY6.jpg

cyNd3A8.jpg

jY1PUe7.jpg

dSrRlK0.jpg

dBYkBHo.jpg

XewKFCe.jpg

2RmSpAJ.jpg

da5pauY.jpg

Ob9AysV.jpg

RmirTEC.jpg

aaKbaUF.jpg

zjSJdre.jpg

MzYOVQ0.jpg

43K6UeM.jpg

Last edited:
Received my set a little early, as the release date is December 2. Mine is the Nordic (Finland/Sweden/Norway/Denmark) version, but it should be similar to the US and UK versions. Overall, it's a really cool set imo. The outer box is made of wood, while the individual cases are vinyl-like cases and made of thick cardboard. The wooden box was packaged in a styrofoam-padded cardboard box, which was nice as it prevented damage during transit.

The diorama image formed by the cases looks really nice in person. The box set has 3 additional bonus discs and the season cases have 4 discs per season (seasons 1-6) and seasons 7-8 have 3 discs each. The bonus sleeve also includes a small booklet, which was disappointing, as it basically only lists the contents of the discs + episodes. No character bios, episode synopses, family trees or maps. At least it has nice artwork, but the booklet could and should have been a lot better. Luckily all the retailer exclusive bonus features are included on the bonus discs. Conquest & Rebellion is also included.

The set is also a lot bigger than I expected. I honestly thought it would be only slightly bigger than regular Blu-ray box sets, but it's huge. I put one steelbook in a couple of pictures as comparison. The box set doesn't really include that many goodies, only the Hand of the King pin (that is used to lock the leather strap on the side of the box), the small booklet and a thank you letter.

Here are some pics of the set. Overall, a really nice and beautiful set, but I would have preferred to have some sort of book (or a bigger booklet) that would have included some character bios, maps etc. The artwork on the sleeves is beautiful and two-sided. However, the sleeves are really impractical to slide in or out of the box, as they're so closely packed in, so they tend to stuck onto each other and it's a bit of a hassle to get them out (or put them back in). The box set also has two protective and translucent plastic films next to season 1 sleeve and the bonus sleeve. They can easily be slided out of the box, but I prefer to have them, as it creates a window-like look to the diorama and prevents dust from getting into the diorama.

JdMsROv.jpg

ep2xg3g.jpg

yECwLx4.jpg

0oBrv4R.jpg

i6Y3Srf.jpg

pXGuJ0y.jpg

ZtXBT8k.jpg

7ni4HIi.jpg

aPXLeY6.jpg

cyNd3A8.jpg

jY1PUe7.jpg

dSrRlK0.jpg

dBYkBHo.jpg

XewKFCe.jpg

2RmSpAJ.jpg

da5pauY.jpg

Ob9AysV.jpg

RmirTEC.jpg

aaKbaUF.jpg

zjSJdre.jpg

MzYOVQ0.jpg

43K6UeM.jpg
Many thanks for the in-depth review. Quality looks really nice!

JdMsROv.jpg

ep2xg3g.jpg

yECwLx4.jpg

0oBrv4R.jpg

i6Y3Srf.jpg

pXGuJ0y.jpg

ZtXBT8k.jpg

7ni4HIi.jpg

aPXLeY6.jpg

cyNd3A8.jpg

jY1PUe7.jpg

dSrRlK0.jpg

dBYkBHo.jpg

XewKFCe.jpg

2RmSpAJ.jpg

da5pauY.jpg

Ob9AysV.jpg

RmirTEC.jpg

aaKbaUF.jpg

zjSJdre.jpg

MzYOVQ0.jpg

43K6UeM.jpg

Simply stunning! :drool:

I pre-ordered my copy back in April in hopes that it would drop in price before release, but alas, it only dropped 4 cents... so I had to cancel my copy today. With Black Friday going down, the holidays around the corner, and a family vacation to Florida in February, it's just bad timing for a box set that would cost me well over $400 Canadian after all is said and done. Hopefully a price cut comes along before a sell-out.