Gangs Of New York (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #24) [Korea]

Aniv

Premium Supporter
Jan 6, 2015
Release date: September 27, 2019
Purchase links: 1/4 Slip - Full Slip - Lenticular Full Slip A - Lenticular Full Slip B - Box Set (Pre-order Aug 22, 2019 @ 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9) - check your local time here)
Price: $35.99 (Full Slip) - $36.99 (Lenti A or B) - $129.99 (One Click) - $34.99 (1/4 Slip not numbered)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti A - Lenti B - Full Slip - 1/4 Slip
Notes: WEA, Total Print Run 3000 (One Click 300, Full Slip 700, Lenti A 700, Lenti B 700, 1/4 Slip)

67827638_338639917071369_3984414256824057856_n.jpglenti a.jpglenti b.jpgone click.jpgquarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sold on this yet... unless one of their other slips really impress me, then I'll take my chances and wait for it to hit the sales.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan
Wouldn't jump on conclusions though, it is only one of the three slips and it is still only a draft, not final, so no worries here

I realised earlier that kick ass is their first exclusive I’ve bought since pulp fiction!
Used to love nova but I think they are slipping a little. Don’t help they announce crap like insidious, the grey and this (regardless of how nice the grey full slip looks). That draft full slip looks rubbish too

Am kinda hoping they do exclusives for infinity war and end game to sit with the first 2 and of course looking forward to John wick 3.

That kick ass lenti has seriously put me off them. I’ve never felt so angry about a slip. Lol

I realised earlier that kick ass is their first exclusive I’ve bought since pulp fiction!
Used to love nova but I think they are slipping a little. Don’t help they announce crap like insidious, the grey and this (regardless of how nice the grey full slip looks). That draft full slip looks rubbish too

Am kinda hoping they do exclusives for infinity war and end game to sit with the first 2 and of course looking forward to John wick 3.

That kick ass lenti has seriously put me off them. I’ve never felt so angry about a slip. Lol

Dont forget their awful Taken release as well!!

In many ways Kimchi should be commended that they're still able to put their name against some stellar releases (even if they have bugger all to do with them) because clearly Nova are struggling with the competition these days. They only produce 3 or 4 releases of any note every year and even then like you say they're either questionable ones (The Grey was never going to be a sellout regardless of how good a film it is) or they're done rather half arsed (Taken and Kick Ass)

I fully expect Weet have grabbed the rights to do Infinity War and Endgame and with other companies taking over Tarantino duties Nova are left with John Wick 3 and not a lot else

As for Gangs of New York, I know I've seen it before but remember nothing about it. I know within the 1/6 scale figure community Daniel Day Lewis' character is a favourite with custom figure buyers so it must have it's fan base out there but like I said I honestly cant remember anything about the film and it obviously didn't resonate with me when I did see it otherwise I'd of seen it again :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and djjez83
I absolutley love my novamedia collection but like others have said theres been a huge drop in quality and good titles. taken. insidious, the grey etc really didnt help. i think they did pretty good with kick ass though. They do have john wick 3 incoming soon though which is great news :D

i really like the full slip but eager to see other versions and the one click artwork :D i will def be buying this release. huge dicaprio and martin scorsese fan

Dont forget their awful Taken release as well!!

In many ways Kimchi should be commended that they're still able to put their name against some stellar releases (even if they have bugger all to do with them) because clearly Nova are struggling with the competition these days. They only produce 3 or 4 releases of any note every year and even then like you say they're either questionable ones (The Grey was never going to be a sellout regardless of how good a film it is) or they're done rather half arsed (Taken and Kick Ass)

I fully expect Weet have grabbed the rights to do Infinity War and Endgame and with other companies taking over Tarantino duties Nova are left with John Wick 3 and not a lot else

As for Gangs of New York, I know I've seen it before but remember nothing about it. I know within the 1/6 scale figure community Daniel Day Lewis' character is a favourite with custom figure buyers so it must have it's fan base out there but like I said I honestly cant remember anything about the film and it obviously didn't resonate with me when I did see it otherwise I'd of seen it again :LOL:

Ahh taken was the other I was trying to think of

Yeah agree with it all. And I also think the same about weet and the last two avenger films

Oh gangs of New York defo has a fan base. Its just one of those films I didn’t get on with. It’s weird because I love Scorsese and Di Caprio. I’ll be honest, I’m not a massive Daniel day Lewis fan so that might be it. I think he’s stupidly overrated, yeah Mohicans and there will be blood was excellent (haven’t seen Mohicans since I was a kid though) but he just does not do it for me one bit. Plus I thought GoNY looked so fake with the sets

Reactions: djjez83
I must back up for Nova here, love my collection and I appreciate they go out with titles nobody else would do (except maybe TheBlu and TheOn). OK, they didn´t impress much lately ( Kick-ass lentis fail ), but for example The Grey is great rls, and Insidious has its fans for sure, and Taken has very nice lenticular, don´t get the negative wave here, it´s vivid and deep.

And weet? They do only Marvel (talking about WEA only now) which were released many times before :yawn: and Manta have also some bad film choices, although they beat Nova with their steelbooks no doubt )

And Gangs of New York Im also very happy with, wasn´t impressed by the film with first watch back in the days, but it was much better on second viewing, it´s quality, and I love Daniel D Lewis, he got me in There Will Be Blood (what a masterpiece *wink* *wink* Nova :naughty: ) and lately he is also great in Phantom Thread.

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and djjez83
I must back up for Nova here, love my collection and I appreciate they go out with titles nobody else would do (except maybe TheBlu and TheOn). OK, they didn´t impress much lately ( Kick-ass lentis fail ), but for example The Grey is great rls, and Insidious has its fans for sure, and Taken has very nice lenticular, don´t get the negative wave here, it´s vivid and deep.

And weet? They do only Marvel (talking about WEA only now) which were released many times before :yawn: and Manta have also some bad film choices, although they beat Nova with their steelbooks no doubt )

And Gangs of New York Im also very happy with, wasn´t impressed by the film with first watch back in the days, but it was much better on second viewing, it´s quality, and I love Daniel D Lewis, he got me in There Will Be Blood (what a masterpiece *wink* *wink* Nova :naughty: ) and lately he is also great in Phantom Thread.

:naughty:;)

[Announcement] NOVA EXCLUSIVE NO. 24 <Gangs of New York> STEELBOOK PRE-ORDER INFORMATION.
Dear customers,
Today we are very happy to announce pre-order details for NOVA EXCLUSIVE NO. 24 <Gangs of New York> STEELBOOK Pre-order.
1) Pre-order date/time: 22th Aug, 2019. 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
2) Release date/time: 27th Sep, 2019
3) Price & Print run (Total print run = 3K, Domestic=1.5K, International=1.5K)
- FULL SLIP : 700 copies, numbered : $ 35.99
- LENTICULAR FULL SLIP A (Daniel Day-Lewis) : 700 copies, numbered : $ 36.99
- LENTICULAR FULL SLIP B (Leonardo Dicaprio) : 700 copies, numbered : $ 36.99
- QUARTER SLIP : 400 numbered : $ 34.99 (Not Numbered)
- One click BOX Set : 300 copies, $129.99 (As same numbered Full slip + Lenticular Full slip A + Lenticular Full slip B)
*BOX Set GIFT : 52p PHOTO Book, Original Poster
4) Package details
* 2.39:1 / 1080P(FullHD) / 167 mins.
* Audio : English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, German DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1, Spanish DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 5.1, French DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 5.1, COMMENTARY (Director Martin Scorsese)
* Subtitles : Korean, English SDH, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, German, Chinese
* Region : All
* Special Features
- HISTORY OF THE FIVE POINTS (13:33)
- SET DESIGN (09:07)
- EXPLORING THE SETS OF GANGS OF NEW YORK (22:31)
- COSTUME DESIGN (08:12)
- DISCOVERY CHANNEL SPECIAL UNCOVERING THE REAL GANGS OF NEW YORK (35:14)
- MUSIC VIDEO (04:41)
- TRAILER (02:26)
- TEASER TRAILER (02:28)
* 32 pages booklet
* 4x character card
* 6x post card
Thank you.
Novamedia

67686917_1853217504782013_4032177273862881280_o.jpg67815486_1853217498115347_6508286053843992576_o.jpg67899250_1853217711448659_6059672115571851264_o.jpg67615068_1853217658115331_4505488347828846592_o.jpg68246545_1853217698115327_6343221097630007296_o.jpg

Last edited: