Geek Pants (Tridon's YouTube channel)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Hey, everyone!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my little side project...

I retired my original YT channel (Cosmic Dragon) and relaunched as Geek Pants Media alongside my pals Chris Mercier and Kris Fedick. If anyone has ever watched my old BOARD OFF! videos with Kris, those will be re-released alongside a brand-new Season 2. Chris and I will be doing the Geek Pants Camcast -- a video podcast that'll have one main topic every week (Episode 1 is Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy).

All animations and logos were designed by guru @Snollygoster and I couldn't be happier or more grateful. You rock, dude! :thumbs:

Whenever a new episode goes live, I'll post them as a new comment in this thread. And no worries... I'm still sticking around the HDN Podcast. This is just a side gig with my personal friends who live in the same city as me. :)

Please like/share/subscribe. It'd be much appreciated!

Attachments

• geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    693.5 KB · Views: 486
The first episode of the Geek Pants Camcast ended up running a total of 2 hours 20 minutes, so I split it in half -- Part 1 is the GeekCap (a recap of all things geeky that's currently happening in the world of movies, comics, and gaming) and Part 2 is our discussion regarding TDK Trilogy.

Below is Part 1. Enjoy! Part 2 is coming tomorrow! :)

And if there's any gaming fans out there wondering, yes, that is the real David Hayter as Solid Snake who was kind enough to record our opening. :D

@Noodles @bloodsnake007 ;)

That's awesome! No wonder it sounded very convincing. :D

I started watching the first episode last night, but was too tired to actually pay attention to what you guys were saying lol. Will give it a proper listen later. Great work, guys! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That's awesome! No wonder it sounded very convincing. :D

I started watching the first episode last night, but was too tired to actually pay attention to what you guys were saying lol. Will give it a proper listen later. Great work, guys! :thumbs:

Glad we could put you to sleep, bud! :LOL:

@tridon Hey bud, share that pic of David Hayter here! :notworthy: :woot: :cool: :drool: :thumbs: PLEASE! :D

You mean this one? ;)

Here is my personal opinion .....

While you guys make for an interesting team ... visually its not as appealing as audibly. ie. if im driving to work im much more inclued to listen to you two vs. watching a youtube video.

However in the world we live in now with shorter attention spans the GeekCap Format is DAMN good and you were very enjoyable. Maybe thats something you two could do? or maybe thats just a solo event ? hard telling .... time will tell .... anywho just passing forth some info/constructive criticism hope its useful.

• Thanks
shame on you @tridon ken that I only hear about this now, no tag I´m disapointed, can I get a pitchfork, torch, a barrel of tar and feathers thrue canadian customs ? they seem very furrow on that show about em
:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Here is my personal opinion .....

While you guys make for an interesting team ... visually its not as appealing as audibly. ie. if im driving to work im much more inclued to listen to you two vs. watching a youtube video.

However in the world we live in now with shorter attention spans the GeekCap Format is DAMN good and you were very enjoyable. Maybe thats something you two could do? or maybe thats just a solo event ? hard telling .... time will tell .... anywho just passing forth some info/constructive criticism hope its useful.

Thanks, man! That's awesome! I gladly welcome constructive criticism.

I totally get that our long shows are not visually pleasing. When I relaunched the channel, I had this grand vision of a closed-off studio with art prints behind us and a nicer table to sit at (with chairs that don't make it seem like I'm farting during the show). Of course, that didn't happen and renting out a board room at a coffee shop is the best that I could do right now. I do hope that if we keep this up, that studio vision can one day come to life. The Camcast (podcast on camera) idea came from watching the Kinda Funny channel on YouTube. Those guys sit around a table and chat, and then later put their shows up on podcast services.

I understand that the show is probably a lot better to listen to than watch, though (at least at this time). I want to get the show up on iTunes and Soundcloud, but again... budget. With iTunes, I have to figure out all of that RSS feed B.S. that you had to do with the HDN Podcast.

But I'm hoping everything podcast-wise can get to where I want it to be before the year's end. I want our content up on multiple outlets.

Happy you dug the GeekCap! I whipped that together in an hour in my living room in my apartment. It's basically something I've wanted to do for some time -- chat movies in a news format. Chris loved it, too, and wants to get on it, so hopefully we'll both be doing it soon. In the meantime, I'm going to do my very best to make it a weekly thing. :thumbs:

Anyway, thanks for the constructive criticism, man. Always appreciated!

shame on you @tridon ken that I only hear about this now, no tag I´m disapointed, can I get a pitchfork, torch, a barrel of tar and feathers thrue canadian customs ? they seem very furrow on that show about em
:rolleyes:

:LOL:

Oh, I'm sure you could get tar and feathers through our customs. It's the other side of the border where things are a little more aggressive.

Sorry for not taking you! Hope you enjoy the show! :)

@tridon why waste time figuring something out when you can ask me ... i already wasted mine, lets not waste yours. ;)

ps. get on soundcloud asap ... its free for 3 tracks ... more if they arent long .... so you could least get that going on the free version. Which that is even what HDN is still on. Hasnt been worth it yet to upgrade that.

• Thanks
@tridon why waste time figuring something out when you can ask me ... i already wasted mine, lets not waste yours. ;)

ps. get on soundcloud asap ... its free for 3 tracks ... more if they arent long .... so you could least get that going on the free version. Which that is even what HDN is still on. Hasnt been worth it yet to upgrade that.

Ah, I didn't know about the 3 free tracks on Soundcloud. That's cool to know!

And yeah, I'm gonna email you soon and try to get some info on iTunes. It's Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, so I've been on a verge-of-exploding eating spree with families since Friday night. Four days of stretchy pants! :LOL:

Thanks, bud!

Reactions: Wreck