Geek Pants (Tridon's YouTube channel)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Hey, everyone!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my little side project...

I retired my original YT channel (Cosmic Dragon) and relaunched as Geek Pants Media alongside my pals Chris Mercier and Kris Fedick. If anyone has ever watched my old BOARD OFF! videos with Kris, those will be re-released alongside a brand-new Season 2. Chris and I will be doing the Geek Pants Camcast -- a video podcast that'll have one main topic every week (Episode 1 is Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy).

All animations and logos were designed by guru @Snollygoster and I couldn't be happier or more grateful. You rock, dude! :thumbs:

Whenever a new episode goes live, I'll post them as a new comment in this thread. And no worries... I'm still sticking around the HDN Podcast. This is just a side gig with my personal friends who live in the same city as me. :)

Please like/share/subscribe. It'd be much appreciated!

Attachments

• geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    693.5 KB · Views: 487

Chris kept going off topic when all I wanted to do was talk about Stan, but he later told me he did that on purpose so I wouldn't become a wreck while on camera. I personally think my write-up is a more fitting tribute, but nevertheless, here I get to share a little bit more.

EDITED: Added SoundCloud track below.

Last edited:
Hey, Ninjas! Long time, no see!

While I haven't updated this thread on a weekly basis like before, the Camcast HAS been continuing weekly ever since 2019. In fact, our 92nd Camcast -- a review of 1998's BLADE -- goes live today at 4pm EST here.

Anyway, that means that our big 100th episode is only a couple months away now, and we want our viewers/listeners to choose the topic! I figured that HDN is probably the best source for fellow geeks, so please let me know what you'd like to see as the topic of our 100th episode! So far, we've had one person suggest the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy, so as of now, that's what we'll be doing... unless we get picks for something else!

Please reply below with your own suggestions for Camcast 100! :thanks:
(you can check out all of our current episodes here to see if we've already discussed your suggestion)

- Ken

Reactions: Wreck

While I haven't updated this thread on a weekly basis like before, the Camcast HAS been continuing weekly ever since 2019. In fact, our 92nd Camcast -- a review of 1998's BLADE -- goes live today at 4pm EST here.

Anyway, that means that our big 100th episode is only a couple months away now, and we want our viewers/listeners to choose the topic! I figured that HDN is probably the best source for fellow geeks, so please let me know what you'd like to see as the topic of our 100th episode! So far, we've had one person suggest the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy, so as of now, that's what we'll be doing... unless we get picks for something else!

(you can check out all of our current episodes here to see if we've already discussed your suggestion)

- Ken

@bloodsnake007 @Noodles @raspor @Wreck @Snollygoster

Reactions: Noodles

- Ken

@PunkNinja @spass @kryptonite @jitstark

- Ken
I haven't had the chance/time to watch any of your vids for a while now unfortunately... used to love just whacking one on whilst I worked away at my desk, but now most of my work takes place in the loud and dusty spare room that has slowly become my studio.

But anyhoo... since it's the 100th episode of Camcast, why not make it exactly about that? Discuss why you started the it and what it means to you etc. Maybe talk about where you'd like to see it go and/or what the future holds. Not sure how interesting that'd be for viewers, but so long as you guys have fun, then that's all that matters and is honestly something I personally enjoy seeing in videos -- pretty much why I love watching your Board Off series so much, because you guys are clearly having a blast! Failing that... BTTF as a topic sounds pretty damn good to me. :D

Reactions: tridon
I haven't had the chance/time to watch any of your vids for a while now unfortunately... used to love just whacking one on whilst I worked away at my desk, but now most of my work takes place in the loud and dusty spare room that has slowly become my studio.

But anyhoo... since it's the 100th episode of Camcast, why not make it exactly about that? Discuss why you started the it and what it means to you etc. Maybe talk about where you'd like to see it go and/or what the future holds. Not sure how interesting that'd be for viewers, but so long as you guys have fun, then that's all that matters and is honestly something I personally enjoy seeing in videos -- pretty much why I love watching your Board Off series so much, because you guys are clearly having a blast! Failing that... BTTF as a topic sounds pretty damn good to me. :D

Thanks for always watching and supporting us, man. I usually have to whack off YouTube videos while working, too, so I know how hard it is to do that.

I love your topic, too! Like you said, not sure how interested viewers would be, but maybe we can still attach that to the 100th episode as a little bonus. I'm actually hoping that -- with time permitting, of course -- I can put out content that entire week to help celebrate the event. I plan on shooting a video about how I met David Hayter and wrote the original Solid Snake intro for him to perform for us. :D

@tridon do I and @Wreck really have to say anything, you should know by now, Tarantino all the way

Hey, great suggestion, man! I've been wanting to do something Tarantino for a while now, so that's kinda perfect. Probably wouldn't run through his entire filmography due to time restraints, but maybe we could at least do the Kill Bill films to keep with the geeky theme of our channel. If not that, maybe we both choose our favourite Tarantino films to discuss (mine is Pulp Fiction and I'm pretty sure Chris' is Inglourious Basterds). :thanks:

Reactions: Noodles