Geek Pants (Tridon's YouTube channel)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Hey, everyone!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my little side project...

I retired my original YT channel (Cosmic Dragon) and relaunched as Geek Pants Media alongside my pals Chris Mercier and Kris Fedick. If anyone has ever watched my old BOARD OFF! videos with Kris, those will be re-released alongside a brand-new Season 2. Chris and I will be doing the Geek Pants Camcast -- a video podcast that'll have one main topic every week (Episode 1 is Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy).

All animations and logos were designed by guru @Snollygoster and I couldn't be happier or more grateful. You rock, dude! :thumbs:

Whenever a new episode goes live, I'll post them as a new comment in this thread. And no worries... I'm still sticking around the HDN Podcast. This is just a side gig with my personal friends who live in the same city as me. :)

Please like/share/subscribe. It'd be much appreciated!

Attachments

• geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    693.5 KB · Views: 483
The park may be closed, but the Camcast is open! Our FULL, no-holding-back review of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is here!

Also available on iTunes. :thumbs:

In case you didn't catch it last week, Camcast Ep. 13 is now online! It's a different type of episode, but it's still a ton of fun. It's nearly 3 hours of Chris and I discussing the (remaining) 2018/2019 comicbook movies and games and whether we think they'll be successful and/or likely of happening.

Or you can listen to it through SoundCloud:

And as always, it's also available through iTunes. :thumbs:

@GVZER @Noodles @PunkNinja @bloodsnake007 @raspor @Snollygoster @kryptonite @Ricardo13 @aLLu @Torstein @Brian Puterman @jdclark88 @Rady @spass@Kl3p3r @ChrisPatt @smigro @Smudger1279 @snoopcat1987 @toyklectrr @pi2loc @Slinchafi @hitster

Part 1 of our Mission: Impossible Camcast is here (given the appropriate title of M:I-C).

This episode dives into the first three M:I films before the Fallout arrives.

As always, it's available on YouTube, SoundCloud, and iTunes (YT & SC below). :thumbs:

Listen for a special shout-out to @Noodles. ;)

@tridon I hope you realise I'm only up to Episode 11 at the moment lol. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit down and watch them in their entirety during the day, so I have to watch them in chunks, and that mostly happens when I'm eating meals at my desk, so even then I only catch 10 mins or so each time (sometimes I stretch it to 20 if I'm engrossed). Clearly I have a lot of catching up to do! I may skip straight to Ep 14 though, just to hear my shoutout. :p

@tridon I hope you realise I'm only up to Episode 11 at the moment lol. Unfortunately I don't have the time to sit down and watch them in their entirety during the day, so I have to watch them in chunks, and that mostly happens when I'm eating meals at my desk, so even then I only catch 10 mins or so each time (sometimes I stretch it to 20 if I'm engrossed). Clearly I have a lot of catching up to do! I may skip straight to Ep 14 though, just to hear my shoutout. :p

Sorry we're releasing them too quick for you! :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles
@tridon I've finally made a start on your first MI episode bud. Really enjoyed your answers to my question... you both gave it some proper thought. Chris went through the exact same process as myself when trying to decide my favourite Cruise film/role, and he even came to the same conclusive as me... Vincent in Collateral! It's hard to think of a role that Cruise wasn't great in, but for me, he outdid himself him Collateral, especially as it was unlike any character he'd done before. He plays an excellent villain, and should definitely take on more bad guy roles IMO.

By the way, I had to resub to your channel through a new account, since my old one suddenly got banned for some unknown reason (I don't upload videos and I very really comment on videos, and even when I do it's never anything negative/troll-like, so I have no clue what I did wrong lol). :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon I've finally made a start on your first MI episode bud. Really enjoyed your answers to my question... you both gave it some proper thought. Chris went through the exact same process as myself when trying to decide my favourite Cruise film/role, and he even came to the same conclusive as me... Vincent in Collateral! It's hard to think of a role that Cruise wasn't great in, but for me, he outdid himself him Collateral, especially as it was unlike any character he'd done before. He plays an excellent villain, and should definitely take on more bad guy roles IMO.

By the way, I had to resub to your channel through a new account, since my old one suddenly got banned for some unknown reason (I don't upload videos and I very really comment on videos, and even when I do it's never anything negative/troll-like, so I have no clue what I did wrong lol). :confused:

That's weird that YouTube banned you. I've never heard of that happening before unless it was well-deserved.

Well thanks for re-subbing, bud! Happy that you enjoyed the answer! Chris will enjoy knowing that there's someone else out there who picked Vincent as their #1, too. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
That's weird that YouTube banned you. I've never heard of that happening before unless it was well-deserved.

Well thanks for re-subbing, bud! Happy that you enjoyed the answer! Chris will enjoy knowing that there's someone else out there who picked Vincent as their #1, too. :thumbs:
Me neither... I contacted them about it but just got an automated response telling me that they wouldn't reconsider my ban. Literally the only thing I could think that may have caused it was people falsely reporting a comment I left on a PlayStation Access video a week or so before, in which I basically just shared my disappoint in their decision to stop doing a weekly segment they did and I'd therefore be unsubscribing since that's the only thing I watch of theirs, but then I went on to wish them the best with their channel. If it was due to that, then some YouTubers are much saltier than I thought!

But anyway, it's good to know I'll be in Chris' good books lol. :D

• Haha
Reactions: tridon
Me neither... I contacted them about it but just got an automated response telling me that they wouldn't reconsider my ban. Literally the only thing I could think that may have caused it was people falsely reporting a comment I left on a PlayStation Access video a week or so before, in which I basically just shared my disappoint in their decision to stop doing a weekly segment they did and I'd therefore be unsubscribing since that's the only thing I watch of theirs, but then I went on to wish them the best with their channel. If it was due to that, then some YouTubers are much saltier than I thought!

But anyway, it's good to know I'll be in Chris' good books lol. :D

There's a lot of ridiculous people on YouTube. Almost just as many as on Twitter. That's silly if that's why you were banned.

• Thanks
Reactions: GVZER and Noodles