Geek Pants (Tridon's YouTube channel)

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Hey, everyone!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my little side project...

I retired my original YT channel (Cosmic Dragon) and relaunched as Geek Pants Media alongside my pals Chris Mercier and Kris Fedick. If anyone has ever watched my old BOARD OFF! videos with Kris, those will be re-released alongside a brand-new Season 2. Chris and I will be doing the Geek Pants Camcast -- a video podcast that'll have one main topic every week (Episode 1 is Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy).

All animations and logos were designed by guru @Snollygoster and I couldn't be happier or more grateful. You rock, dude! :thumbs:

Whenever a new episode goes live, I'll post them as a new comment in this thread. And no worries... I'm still sticking around the HDN Podcast. This is just a side gig with my personal friends who live in the same city as me. :)

Please like/share/subscribe. It'd be much appreciated!

Attachments

• geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    geekpants-k-social-icon.png
    693.5 KB · Views: 486
Love the episode.

My personal favorite comic book runs:
Bendis’ Daredevil
Brubaker’s Daredevil
Brubaker’s Captain America
Fraction’s Immortal Iron Fist
Fraction’s Hawkeye
Mark Millar’s The Ultimates
Grant Morrison’s New X-Men
The Dark Knight Returns
Tom King’s Batman

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Love the episode.

My personal favorite comic book runs:
Bendis’ Daredevil
Brubaker’s Daredevil
Brubaker’s Captain America
Fraction’s Immortal Iron Fist
Fraction’s Hawkeye
Mark Millar’s The Ultimates
Grant Morrison’s New X-Men
The Dark Knight Returns
Tom King’s Batman

Great choices, man! Brubaker's Cap is definitely a classic run. I checked out some of Tom King's Batman around the wedding issue. I didn't care much for the Booster Gold issues, but the issues with the Joker before the wedding issue were phenomenal! King is definitely working with some of the best artists at DC right now.

Reactions: kryptonite
@tridon Loved the cast.

My favs are:

Superman Red Son - Still classic and the way everything makes sense (rotation of the earth) and that ending!
Watchmen - Great take on superheroes and I still love what Snyder did with the film.
Geoff Johns Blackest Night - Needs to be an animated film.
Scott Snyder Batman Death of the Family
Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman War Games
Infinite Crisis
Maximum Carnage

I'm going back and reading some X-men stuff that I missed when I was younger: Legion, The Onslaught Saga, Dark Phoenix Saga etc.

• Thanks
Great choices, man! Brubaker's Cap is definitely a classic run. I checked out some of Tom King's Batman around the wedding issue. I didn't care much for the Booster Gold issues, but the issues with the Joker before the wedding issue were phenomenal! King is definitely working with some of the best artists at DC right now.

Bendis and Brubaker got me back to reading and collecting comic books.

• Thanks
@tridon Loved the cast.

My favs are:

Superman Red Son - Still classic and the way everything makes sense (rotation of the earth) and that ending!
Watchmen - Great take on superheroes and I still love what Snyder did with the film.
Geoff Johns Blackest Night - Needs to be an animated film.
Scott Snyder Batman Death of the Family
Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman War Games
Infinite Crisis
Maximum Carnage

I'm going back and reading some X-men stuff that I missed when I was younger: Legion, The Onslaught Saga, Dark Phoenix Saga etc.

Nice list! There's definitely some good reads in there. I always preferred Brad Meltzer's Identity Crisis to Infinite Crisis, but they're both very different stories.

I find that a lot of Chris Claremont's work hasn't age too well. Too much exposition in a lot of cases. That said, he's always worked with great artists, so you should still enjoy any X-Men stories that he wrote. Onslaught was very much a product of its time. I loved it as a kid, but I'm not sure how it'll read today. Legion was enjoyable, though. I imagine that stills holds up.

Have fun catching up! :)

Bendis and Brubaker got me back to reading and collecting comic books.

Marvel definitely had a renaissance period during the early 2000s. That was a the strongest group of writers they've ever had at once and it'll likely never get there again. Bendis, Millar, Straczynski, Morrison, Brubaker, Ellis, Rucka, Fraction, Gillan... just incredible!

Nice list! There's definitely some good reads in there. I always preferred Brad Meltzer's Identity Crisis to Infinite Crisis, but they're both very different stories.

I find that a lot of Chris Claremont's work hasn't age too well. Too much exposition in a lot of cases. That said, he's always worked with great artists, so you should still enjoy any X-Men stories that he wrote. Onslaught was very much a product of its time. I loved it as a kid, but I'm not sure how it'll read today. Legion was enjoyable, though. I imagine that stills holds up.

Marvel definitely had a renaissance period during the early 2000s. That was a the strongest group of writers they've ever had at once and it'll likely never get there again. Bendis, Millar, Straczynski, Morrison, Brubaker, Ellis, Rucka, Fraction, Gillan... just incredible!

I never really got into the Claremont X-Men stuff, too much stuffing...lol

I forgot to mention my all-time favorite series is the Marv Wolfman’s The New Teen Titans from the 80s. I am proud to say I still have issues 1-75 with me. My plan is to someday own all the slabs of the key issues.

• Thanks
I never really got into the Claremont X-Men stuff, too much stuffing...lol

I forgot to mention my all-time favorite series is the Marv Wolfman’s The New Teen Titans from the 80s. I am proud to say I still have issues 1-75 with me. My plan is to someday own all the slabs of the key issues.

I was never a DC fan growing up, but I remember REALLY liking the few issues of The New Teen Titans that I read.

I was never a DC fan growing up, but I remember REALLY liking the few issues of The New Teen Titans that I read.

Yeah, Marvel was better during those days.

Currently, the Venom story line is pretty interesting. Have you been reading it? I have it on subscription on Comixology. Aside from that, everything else is just okay.

Yeah, Marvel was better during those days.

Currently, the Venom story line is pretty interesting. Have you been reading it? I have it on subscription on Comixology. Aside from that, everything else is just okay.

Venom is my favourite book from Marvel right now. I think I actually mentioned that during the Camcast -- Chris asked about current runs that I may one day consider a favourite and the only one that came to mind was what Donny Cates is doing on Venom.

Reactions: kryptonite

Venom is my favourite book from Marvel right now. I think I actually mentioned that during the Camcast -- Chris asked about current runs that I may one day consider a favourite and the only one that came to mind was what Donny Cates is doing on Venom.

I love Identity Crisis but somehow that slipped my mind. It's definitely up there as one of DC best storylines.

Venom is really good at the minute. Donny Cates, Thanos run is what got me back into Marvel and I like what hes doing with Venom and Cosmic Ghost Rider - not to mention they have some amazing cover art for those runs. I had a quick chat with him when I saw him last week in London for a signing. He seem like a nice guy with big ideas.

I get what you're saying about old skool X-men stories. Most of them I ended up watching as part of the animated series they put out in the 90s but really wanna read them now I can thanks to the internet!

• Thanks
I'm super pumped about this episode of the Camcast! On Episode 19, Chris and I discuss our first impressions of the Spider-Man PS4 game, the 20th Anniversary of Metal Gear Solid, and who we think should get Superman's cape after Henry Cavill. ... Plus there's a pretty awesome ending from a drunken weekend a few weeks back. :rofl:

Enjoy!

Also available as an audio-only podcast through iTunes and SoundCloud:

@GVZER @Noodles @PunkNinja @bloodsnake007 @raspor @Snollygoster @kryptonite @Ricardo13 @aLLu @Torstein @Brian Puterman @jdclark88 @Rady @spass @Kl3p3r @ChrisPatt @smigro @Smudger1279 @snoopcat1987 @toyklectrr @pi2loc @Slinchafi @hitster

The latest Camcast is now available through YouTube, SoundCloud, and iTunes! Some of the chat may be outdated by a couple weeks -- sorry about that! We recorded this episode at the beginning of the month, but I just haven't had the time to edit anything.

This episode finds myself and Chris chatting about Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. Enjoy! :)

I'm super pumped about this episode of the Camcast! On Episode 19, Chris and I discuss our first impressions of the Spider-Man PS4 game, the 20th Anniversary of Metal Gear Solid, and who we think should get Superman's cape after Henry Cavill. ... Plus there's a pretty awesome ending from a drunken weekend a few weeks back. :rofl:

Enjoy!

@GVZER @Noodles @PunkNinja @bloodsnake007 @raspor @Snollygoster @kryptonite @Ricardo13 @aLLu @Torstein @Brian Puterman @jdclark88 @Rady @spass @Kl3p3r @ChrisPatt @smigro @Smudger1279 @snoopcat1987 @toyklectrr @pi2loc @Slinchafi @hitster

And since I'm playing catch-up, here's Episode 19's segments...

And FINALLY, here's my taking a shot at some unboxing videos!

Also, if anyone is wondering, the GeekCap will be returning to the HDN channel VERY soon! I'm recording the new episode tonight, editing it throughout the rest of the week, and then sending it off to Mr. @Snollygoster for those special final touches that he excels at. ;)