Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: N/A
Purchase link: Weta
Price: OOS
Note: Limited Edition of 500

148658990344a8d00eb64fa8d6d156be13d366cce8.jpg

A pivotal action sequence called for a series of beautiful but deadly Geisha. With costume designers Kurt and Bart, the Workshop helped design distinctive make-up, hair and kimono ensembles, imbuing each character with a unique look to be recreated on the Workshop floor.

Featuring sculptural wigs, silicone limbs, and animatronic masks with moving jaws, these Geisha pushed Weta Workshop into new creative territory, expanding the scope of what could be achieved through physical effects.

Take home a piece of that incredible workmanship with Weta Workshop's gorgeous Geisha collectible. Only 500 have been made.

Reactions: bloodsnake007

This extremely limited edition 1:4 scale statue is made from high-quality polystone and features a unique illuminating base and fabric costume elements: a first for Weta Workshop. Expertly designed and sculpted by Lindsey Crummett and Gary Hunt, and developed by the same Weta Workshop artists and technicians who work on our film projects.

Interesting that this is OOS, as to me this is such a secondary character in the movie. Sure the Geisha is iconic in the overall franchise (GITS SAC), but I’m surprised this sold out. I have a friend who collects premium statues and figures. He owns an IT company. He was telling me last year alone he spent around $NZ100,000 on his collecting obsession. He also purchased a new Aston Martin the same year to add to his collection of 1/1 scale cars. He’s an awesome unassuming guy, that has the ability to pretty much buy whatever he wants (within reason).

Me? I’m worried about flicking $20 of gas in my car at the end of each pay cycle:happy: