General Blu-ray Digibook, Media Book Discussion

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
ir

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone here recently described me as the "king" of the digibooks - but for this one I think we really need the help of the Emperor of the digibooks - Polak!
Any ideas about this release mate?

I do not know if I can help this time because my Chinese its rusty :p. But I believe this is more an artbook than a digibook.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmartin252
Hi guys! I was thinking about getting into digibooks. I would like to collect for art as well as content so will be sticking to English and German (will be learning German but my wife will be more that happy to read those to me in the meantime). I dont own any yet so any tips to get me started? I like a clean, uniform look on my shelf so are there certain countries/studios I should stay away from? Are there any non-English speaking countries which release English Digibooks?

Thanks!
(Im in the US)

The German, Premium Collection from Warner are very nice editions, and look good on the bookshelf. They have white spines with the film's name in coloured text. Each edition includes a transparent slipcover for protection.
The German mediabooks are also fairly standard in their size. They are taller than the average height for digibooks. The Capelight issues are very good, and the titles they have produced are very eclectic! For English language editions the Warner US titles are all the same height, but quite variable in the thickness of the spines.
Several different European countries have this year seen releases of digibooks in English - particularly the Universal 100th anniversary editions.

Rumor of Capelight mediabook for Romper Stomper [Germany]

There seems to be a lot of talk on German and Austrianweb sites about a possible release by German mediabook company Capelight, of the controversial Australian movie "Romper Stomper". Capelight have acquired the rights to the film, but are having difficulty getting it passed by the German censorship office for release. It is supposed that they want to release it as a mediabook.

It would be nice to see more releases from Capelight in the mediabook format, as there hasn't been anything from them for quite some time now and when they do produce them, they are excellent.

Here's hoping! ;)

A Spanish blog, shows that there may be a release of a TDK Rises dgibook in Spain.

Oh right. Is that the case for all Warner ones? Only I read that Singin' in the Rain was English inside with just an Italian sticker backing. And on most of the pics it seems to refer to the books being in 'Inglese'. I should stress I don't mind the back sticker being in Italian; I usually discard those anyway.

Particularly it's Empire of the Sun and Streetcar Named Desire I was looking at, since they work out cheaper than buying them from the US.

Oh right. Is that the case for all Warner ones? Only I read that Singin' in the Rain was English inside with just an Italian sticker backing. And on most of the pics it seems to refer to the books being in 'Inglese'. I should stress I don't mind the back sticker being in Italian; I usually discard those anyway.

Particularly it's Empire of the Sun and Streetcar Named Desire I was looking at, since they work out cheaper than buying them from the US.

Yes you're right, I'm sure I read somewhere that Singin' in the Rain IS in English, but pretty sure that Empire and Streetcar will be in Italian. Hopefully any owners of these will reply. ;)

I'm not sure whether to take the gamble myself; I suppose I can always return them. In the promo shots fro most of the Warner ones it says 'In lingua Inglese', and the covers (Singin' in the Rain aside) are in English, so it points towards the inside being in English. Fingers crossed that's the case.

Hi guys,

1st time here , so , I am lost I think ??

Is there a thread where I can ask some mem,bers If they have a few Digi Boks pare ? or For Sale ??

I want Gettysberg DC & God's & Generals UC ~ Digi Books ?? used ;)

any one help point me in the right are please ??

Regs TC

Gettysberg DC & God's & Generals UC

Don't have to go that far, just check Hooltra's excellent DigiBook trading thread for both:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/27816/

Hi guys,

1st time here , so , I am lost I think ??

Is there a thread where I can ask some mem,bers If they have a few Digi Boks pare ? or For Sale ??

I want Gettysberg DC & God's & Generals UC ~ Digi Books ?? used ;)

any one help point me in the right are please ??

Regs TC