General Blu-ray Digibook, Media Book Discussion

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
ir

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone be so kind and tell me which ones are region A locked? I only have a region B player so I need to figure out which ones to replace the disc (eventually!).

I think they're all from USA...

The Hobbit
Batman 1989
Se7en
E.T.
Matrix
Shawshank redemption
Brave Digi
Indiana Jones 4
The Usual Suspects
Dirty Harry
Deliverance
Big Lebowski
TDKR
River Kwai
Deer Hunter
Hustler - USA
Master and commander
wizards - USA (Region A locked)
Malcolm X
Terminator anthology
Little shop of horrors - USA
Full Metal Jacket - USA
Unforgiven - USA
The Color Purple
Goodfellas - USA
Willy Wonka - USA
Exorcist - USA
Poltergeist - USA
The Green Mile - USA - USA
Natural Born Killers - USA
One flew.... - USA
300 - USA

Thank you in-advance :D

@Sigill, you know the german Limited Cinedition Digibooks ?

Have you an idea what we can do for more digibooks lke this ?

For more Cineditions, I post on the german Fox survery page www.film-insiders.de.

I hope that Fox make more digibooks, I have so good ideas aboot the artworks for many books(Terminator, Aliens, Alien 3, Die Hard, etc.).

@Sigill, you know the german Limited Cinedition Digibooks ?

Have you an idea what we can do for more digibooks lke this ?

For more Cineditions, I post on the german Fox survery page www.film-insiders.de.

I hope that Fox make more digibooks, I have so good ideas aboot the artworks for many books(Terminator, Aliens, Alien 3, Die Hard, etc.).

I'm not sure what we can do about getting more Cineditions. You could post on the site like you are doing and hope 20th Century Fox realise that there are people who want to buy them!

Last edited:
Hey Greyback, I didn't know these peopłe but I guess it won't do any harm to let them know you are interested. I'm not sure a few messages will have too much effect. The main thing will be how well they sold in Germany, I know you can still find a few of them on sale now so perhaps they weren't too happy with the sales.

Do you know some people here that are interests on the Cineditions ?

Can you help us with this ?

I have no idea about the selling of this editon.
Fox make some big marketing errots on this edition(come longer cuts on DVD only, to high prices at the release, etc.).
Bit I think Digibooks in germany are popular, for example the Premium Collection from Warner.

Do you know some people here that are interests on the Cineditions ?

Can you help us with this ?

I have no idea about the selling of this editon.
Fox make some big marketing errots on this edition(come longer cuts on DVD only, to high prices at the release, etc.).
Bit I think Digibooks in germany are popular, for example the Premium Collection from Warner.

I have moved the posts here, maybe someone else can add some input on this subject. I'm sure there would be some interest in some more Cineditions but I'm not sure myself how you can make this happen.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people wishes new Cineditions, the problem is the organization and the contact with the people on the labels.

The contacts adresses on the labels helping nothing, because the people that decide this, become not our mails to read.

We must find a direct adress of this people(linkedin for example).

And we must focus our efforts.

This works so many times, for example the german the Crowe Steelbook, the german Universum Film Steelbook Collection, the silver banners on the german Fox Media Markt Steelbooks, etc.

Sadly I dont know on peron like Wreck for Digibooks.

Here a Thread from a other forum. Some peoples writing Universal mails for more Digibooks, please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why ? When people post pictures they have links of other forums too.

This petition is not only for the linked forum. We hope some further forums help us.
But why can us help other peoples, when they have no informations about this ?

We all wishes further digibooks, but we must do for this something.

Why ? When people post pictures they have links of other forums too.

This petition is not only for the linked forum. We hope some further forums help us.
But why can us help other peoples, when they have no informations about this ?

We all wishes further digibooks, but we must do for this something.

When people post pictures they are from Image sharing sites not forums. We don't allow links to other forums because we don't want to redirect people elsewhere.

Some pictures are direct loaded on the forums. And apart from this in this forum its a rule to post the links. So that there are no legal problems.
Have you an idea why I can solve the problem ?
That people here can see informations that on other forums.

Some pictures are direct loaded on the forums. And apart from this in this forum its a rule to post the links. So that there are no legal problems.
Have you an idea why I can solve the problem ?
That people here can see informations that on other forums.

Yes we do give credit if pictures are from another site. You can direct people to a petition or place to help promote more digibooks. You just need to write the place down instead of directly linking to it. If people want to check it they can do it themselves and don't need to be directed from here.

Hi Guys, I have recently joined this group as I have just started collecting blu ray digibooks. I have purchased about half a dozen so far, all from Ebay. I was wondering if anyone could help with the following 2 points? Firstly I would like to order some from the US, as I am in the UK I would need region free discs for my player, so do the US do various formats? I was looking at the forthcoming James Dean releases and if I go to Amazon US they are stated as being region A/1, but if I go to Movie Tyme, for example, they state that they are region free, so do the US do different formats of the same releases. The other point is how do I stand with customs when ordering from the US. Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Hi Guys, I have recently joined this group as I have just started collecting blu ray digibooks. I have purchased about half a dozen so far, all from Ebay. I was wondering if anyone could help with the following 2 points? Firstly I would like to order some from the US, as I am in the UK I would need region free discs for my player, so do the US do various formats? I was looking at the forthcoming James Dean releases and if I go to Amazon US they are stated as being region A/1, but if I go to Movie Tyme, for example, they state that they are region free, so do the US do different formats of the same releases. The other point is how do I stand with customs when ordering from the US. Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Welcome to the forum stevien! The US digibooks have, up to now been generally multiregion (A,B,C) They don't offer different versions for different countries in the US, but seem to be happy for their US releases to be viewable in other parts of the world. Warner releases (such as the James Dean digis) are very often multiregion, and & I believe I'm right in saying that all their digibook releases have been.
As far as customs go I think it depend on the total value of the goods. In my experience here in Spain, discs delivered by post normally arrive without a problem, anything by courier company gets a hefty customs fee/tax.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: stevien
Thank you for the reply, so just to clarify, does that mean Amazon US may have it wrong on their site? Because the James Dean digi's are definitely listed as region A/1. But other sites have them listed as region free.
Thanks again, and there is some valuable info on this site, so helpful.

Thank you for the reply, so just to clarify, does that mean Amazon US may have it wrong on their site? Because the James Dean digi's are definitely listed as region A/1. But other sites have them listed as region free.
Thanks again, and there is some valuable info on this site, so helpful.

Amazon's region coding info is not very accurate. All Warner Brothers releases are region free so you should be fine with the digibooks. As for customs when buying from retailers if it it is valued at more than £15 you will get hit with customs charges. Royal Mail will also charge a handling fee of £8 unfortunatly.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevien