General Blu-ray Digibook, Media Book Discussion

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
ir

Last edited by a moderator:
just been looking on axelmusic.com to see if the complete deadwood set had been confirmed region free yet on there,it hasn't.but i did see a collector's edition digibook for deadwood.now that must be one big digibook:D

EEK!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Hmmmmm hard to believe its a true digibook. Looking at the case it resembles many from past HBO films. I think it will have one book and they are calling it a digibook. As opposed to each season have its own digibook like case inside it. Interesting no doubt, I wanna see!

I'm starting to reconsider my position on the Studio Canal Collection being digibooks. Though they are somewhat similar in make and contain a booklet inside they aren't bound inside.

My stance to not deem them this is based on finding some digipaks which look exactly the same as the Studio Canal Versions but without the book like paper jacket outside. If we start deeming anything a digibook that has a booklet inside the case then a lot more titles will qualify for this.

Cause I found a first press back to the future trilogy digipak that looks just like a studio canal edtion in the sense that its a 3 disc and jacket inside with booklet. Though it doesnt look like it should qualify to be deemed as a digibook. I think going forward anything that is BOUND in the inside deems it a blu-ray digibook.

Additionally, I sent Studio Canal an email to see what they think and consider their titles to be.

Your right, they arent digibooks wreck ... They are digipacks.

Digipacks are very popular though in some countries, as they were collected heavily in the dvd era.

I'd like to offer a suggestion to all .... when you make a thread, and you have actually seen or own the title / held in hand. Can everyone please indicate whether it is smooth or what I call matte finish.

Some digibooks are smooth and slick whilst others are dry and matte like feeling.

examples: Goodfellas - Smooth

Matte - Dr Strange love , Seven (usa)

I recently bought a few Blu-ray books and I like them a lot. I'll have to collect both books and steelbooks. Is it a correct statement to say there are more steelbook fans than digibooks fans? Or, that steelbooks has gained more steam and more value than digibooks?

The steelbook fans are more out there, no sites are really giving direct attention to digibooks besides us. I'm trying to make this a place for digibook fans to congregate but I have seen sites have 1 dedicated thead to digibooks and there are a bunch of people who are fans for it ... the fact that 90% of the digibooks are not hard to come by hasnt created a craze for them like steelbooks. Though now steelbooks are becoming less and less exclusive and the european digibooks are becoming more and more limited. I think in time we will see more digibook craze, if they keep producing some in limited quantity.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Though I doubt they will ever surpass the steelbook craze in numbers (of fans)

Just wanted to say ... that Castlevania the PS3 game here in the USA (maybe elsewhere too) the collectors edition is a digibook.

I just wanted to point out that its not a secret that the German CinEditions were released long ago on DVD much to the same as the Century Editions.

Alien is supposed to be getting single releases soon.

That being said, if you look at all the dvd CinEditions that are left ... these are the ones that I could find...

Dare Devil
Alien
Alien 2
Alien 3
The Fly
Stigmata
Species
Robocop
Max Payne
Terminator

7c1ac27a02a02a89f8218110.L.jpg

Ones on DVD and then came to Blu-ray

Commando
Predator 1
Predator 2
AVP
AVP 2
Live Free or Die Hard
Walk the Line
Kingdom of Heaven
Windtalkers
Independence Day

I'd say chances are at least likely that we could see more CinEditions and possibly that of Alien releases.

As per Jimmy's findings, I think those CinEditions are about to be OOP. (or I hope) Cause Predators has long since been OOS for quite some time, now Predator is too along with a few others. Now they got basically a fire sale on what seems like might be remaining stock or overstock and then the last few will get a competitive price range to the others until they are OOS.

The Premium Collection is a bit odd, because I saw it once say there was only 1 left and I ordered it only to see it say there are then 5 left.

The best Lenticulars on the CinEditions so far I think belong to ID4, Predator 2, & Wolverine.

Just figured I would say this, regarding all the CinEditions; You can view the stock photo and see the region coding on all of them. I own most of them and so far all have been 100% correct on region coding. Many locked discs.

FYI

I think they are only doing one pressing now of USA digibooks. I noticed Hustler and Comacheroos both have amaray versions listings to be released in the future. Josey Wales got an amaray version at release too. Saw more digibooks in the clearance area at barnes and nobles too. Not that any of them were really clearance prices, but yeah.

I'm actually all for it, add some more rareness aand collectibility into the digibook side of things.

I think they are only doing one pressing now of USA digibooks. I noticed Hustler and Comacheroos both have amaray versions listings to be released in the future. Josey Wales got an amaray version at release too. Saw more digibooks in the clearance area at barnes and nobles too. Not that any of them were really clearance prices, but yeah.

I'm actually all for it, add some more rareness aand collectibility into the digibook side of things.

I agree with you 100% there Wreck. It can only be a good thing if the numbers of copies of digibooks are (fairly) limited before the amaray version comes out.

I´m sure the digibook haters out there would also agree! ;)

Yeah and there are plenty of haters too. We should make a list of OOP titles. I mean there's a lot.

Wonka, Shawshank, Green Mile (I think) A rive runs through it, silverado, clash, I bet they wont print anymore Josey wales either.

the titles I now saw at clearance in Barnes were Elvis, A Star Is Born, North by Northwest ...

so a nice amount.

these are pics of the DVD digibook of the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford.i know this is blu-ray digibooks,but pmartin wanted to see pics;)

Attachments

• jesse james 001.jpg
    jesse james 001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 68
  • jesse james 002.jpg
    jesse james 002.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 76
  • jesse james 003.jpg
    jesse james 003.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 71
  • jesse james 004.jpg
    jesse james 004.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 65
  • jesse james 006.jpg
    jesse james 006.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 66
  • jesse james 007.jpg
    jesse james 007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 54
  • jesse james 008.jpg
    jesse james 008.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 69
  • jesse james 009.jpg
    jesse james 009.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: pmartin252
That looks nice, I could easily take out the plastic inserts in front and back and glue i some blu-ray ones and make a real nice convert ;)

But wont for now ...

Yeah and there are plenty of haters too. We should make a list of OOP titles. I mean there's a lot.

Wonka, Shawshank, Green Mile (I think) A rive runs through it, silverado, clash, I bet they wont print anymore Josey wales either.

the titles I now saw at clearance in Barnes were Elvis, A Star Is Born, North by Northwest ...

so a nice amount.

And yet its amazing how many of these supposedly OOP titles are still available direct from Amazon. admitedly at very variable prices... Wonka $39, Shawshank & Green Mile $18.99, River $29.95, Clash $15.99 only Silverado seems to be completely unavailable and that was a Columbia Pictures, not Warner. How many of these must they have produced?

Does anyone have this Taxi Driver BD?.....

41YbtR08FXL._SS400_.jpg

41K2sk8tk9L._SS400_.jpg

Just came across it at Amazon.it and hadn't seen it before. Is it a proper digibook or just a box with a booklet inside, anyone know?

BTW very reasonably priced (with free shipping) - just 450 euros! ;)here