Release date: May 22, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies

614cT2aoM8L._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Grendel and C.C. 95
Is this any good ? Remember reading bad reviews when it came out years ago. Never seen, but interested to see, even to buy !

ghost in the shell is one of the best sci-fi movies ever in my opinion so yes, if you ask me!

Yeah, I got the "normal version" steelbook and seen it many times. Love it, but not sure about this upgrade ... wasn't huge fan of the live action. Waiting for real GitS part II Innocense get proper release.

Thank for the tag @Apollon

@Space Cadet 2.0 adds very little to the equation, and in some ways the new scenes detract, in the same vain as Lucas did with A New Hope.

I prefer the remastered GITS in its original theatrical version, in Japanese with subs.

I have the Japan limited version 2.0 Box, it has all versions included. But in answer to your question, “Is 2.0 worth it?”

My answer is “no, no it’s not”.:yawn:

Love the art as it's the same as the Limited Edition box set I missed out on last year. Have a good mind to get this then replace the disk with a Blu-ray copy of GitS 2: Innocence, an underrated gem IMO.

Do like the cover art a lot but I have to agree with @TheCollector86 and @Damon M , the new additions in 2.0 stand out like a sore thumb next to the existing material and just don't add anything substantial at all to warrant diving in at that price.. especially when you can pick it up for far less if you're just curious and want to dive in anyway.