Ghost In The Shell (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: March 6, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon - Walmart
Price: $14.99 $18.19 (Amazon) - $15.09 $18.18 (Walmart)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

ghost.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheJoker This edition is a beauty! :cool: And of course, one must own it BECAUSE of ScarJo! :drool::drool::drool:

Ghost-in-the-Shell.gif

I don't think it has gone live at Zavvi yet, but the day that it does will be when I decide. Although, I would prefer to get the Mondo X copy of the anime. Love that steelbook but I couldn't afford it at the time and now it's higher bucks on eBay.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I don't think it has gone live at Zavvi yet, but the day that it does will be when I decide. Although, I would prefer to get the Mondo X copy of the anime. Love that steelbook but I couldn't afford it at the time and now it's higher bucks on eBay.
Still available from Amazon US at $24.99 here

• Thanks
Reactions: TheJoker
These line of steelbooks are WHACK!

There is no creativity with many steelbooks these days and this clearly shows that the designers are garbage at making a steel with any kind of creative ART WORK! This cover is just Scarlet J. On the front and words on the back which please tell me how is that creative ART? This kind of cover belongs on the standard plastic editions, but not a steel.

Steels are meant to have Art that stands out vividly as well as creatively and by just slapping the main character on the front of the steel with a Quote on the back is not creative at all. That is flat out Lazy on the designers part..... All current Steelbook designers that create these World wide Editions should be FIRED because they have a lazy mind and don't deserve to create steels.

Steelbook ART is not intended to be simple and if you want simple art then put it on the plastic cases, not steels.

Steelbook Art was better 10 years ago then the ones today... The only good steels mostly are the ones that these specialty shops sell, but places like Best Buy have no creativity with their steelbooks and are most the time LAME!

Really, Best Buy Thor Ragnarok gets an ugly almost all red Steelbook when places like BlueFans compliments Thors Vibrant themed colors and makes a way more appealing artistic steel rather then The Bland one Tone Red.

The art chosen for these steels can be a million times better and I'm sure the studio would approve better art versus these lame simple covers need to go away. Even though I enjoy Scarlett J movies, I would never support this crappy steel... This already came out with a way better steel then this and to
re-release this movie with an ugly Steelbook Line is horrible..

Aren't we as humans always suppose to improve from the past. So what happened here? This steel is definitely not an improvement from the first Ghost in the Shell steel which blows this one out of the galaxy.

How do people like this simple crap for a STEEL? A steel is meant to show off nice art and please tell me how just having the main character on a plain background is creative art or art at all? Of course she looks sexy, but this simple cover is meant for the simple plastic case and for a premium steel this simplicity needs to go away.

If the movie name is wrtten on the spine there is no need to write the Title that big on the Front ... The title on the front is ok to have on steels, but it should be small and not distract away from the Art work.. This steel has more words on it then it does Art. SMH

This is the crap products we get when people only care about money and have no passion to be more creative! Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass on this Steelbook line. SMH

Last edited:
These line of steelbooks are WHACK!

There is no creativity with many steelbooks these days and this clearly shows that the designers are garbage at making a steel with any kind of creative ART WORK! This cover is just Scarlet J. On the front and words on the back which please tell me how is that creative ART? This kind of cover belongs on the standard plastic editions, but not a steel.

Steels are meant to have Art that stands out vividly as well as creatively and by just slapping the main character on the front of the steel with a Quote on the back is not creative at all. That is flat out Lazy on the designers part..... All current Steelbook designers that create these World wide Editions should be FIRED because they have a lazy mind and don't deserve to create steels.

Steelbook ART is not intended to be simple and if you want simple art then put it on the plastic cases, not steels.

Steelbook Art was better 10 years ago then the ones today... The only good steels mostly are the ones that these specialty shops sell, but places like Best Buy have no creativity with their steelbooks and are most the time LAME!

Really, Best Buy Thor Ragnarok gets an ugly almost all red Steelbook when places like BlueFans compliments Thors Vibrant themed colors and makes a way more appealing artistic steel rather then The Bland one Tone Red.

The art chosen for these steels can be a million times better and I'm sure the studio would approve better art versus these lame simple covers need to go away. Even though I enjoy Scarlett J movies, I would never support this crappy steel... This already came out with a way better steel then this and to
re-release this movie with an ugly Steelbook Line is horrible..

Aren't we as humans always suppose to improve from the past. So what happened here? This steel is definitely not an improvement from the first Ghost in the Shell steel which blows this one out of the galaxy.

How do people like this simple crap for a STEEL? A steel is meant to show off nice art and please tell me how just having the main character on a plain background is creative art or art at all? Of course she looks sexy, but this simple cover is meant for the simple plastic case and for a premium steel this simplicity needs to go away.

If the movie name is wrtten on the spine there is no need to write the Title that big on the Front ... The title on the front is ok to have on steels, but it should be small and not distract away from the Art work.. This steel has more words on it then it does Art. SMH

This is the crap products we get when people only care about money and have no passion to be more creative! Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass on this Steelbook line. SMH
It's the film studio who decided on these releases they are trade wide release in USA/Canada/Europe
These paramount steelbooks are WWA and a shared print run

UK has this same Ghost in the Shell steelbook only difference is it includes 4K UHD disc
Some but not all of the other UK paramount wave are 4K/Blu-ray compared to Blu-ray/DVD in USA
Zavvi got exclusive for the uk

Paramount is the film studio who designed these steelbooks
Distribution is
USA/Canada Paramount
UK/Europe Universal
Paramount in UK/Europe Universal have a 5 year deal to distribute paramount releases on Home Media since 2015

Best buy and the other retailers had nothing to do with the design of this paramount wave

Retailers just get offered to sell they are not involved in WWA design

I agree lot of steelbooks are not the best in this wave all have same inside artwork but it got nothing to do with the retailers the design

Some of the steelbooks of this wave are OK ish but most are terrible looking

Price was very low on lot of these at pre order and have been selling well regardless of a lot us on HDN not liking the artwork on most of them

Most of these was $10 on amazon USA before release date

Last edited:
It's the film studio who decided on these releases they are trade wide release in USA/Canada/Europe
These paramount steelbooks are WWA and a shared print run

UK has this same Ghost in the Shell steelbook only difference is it includes 4K UHD disc
Some but not all of the other UK paramount wave are 4K/Blu-ray compared to Blu-ray/DVD in USA
Zavvi got exclusive for the uk

Paramount is the film studio who designed these steelbooks
Distribution is
USA/Canada Paramount
UK/Europe Universal
Paramount in UK/Europe Universal have a 5 year deal to distribute paramount releases on Home Media since 2015

Best buy and the other retailers had nothing to do with the design of this paramount wave

Retailers just get offered to sell they are not involved in WWA design

I agree lot of steelbooks are not the best in this wave all have same inside artwork but it got nothing to do with the retailers the design

Some of the steelbooks of this wave are OK ish but most are terrible looking

Price was very low on lot of these at pre order and have been selling well regardless of a lot us on HDN not liking the artwork on most of them

Most of these was $10 on amazon USA before release date

I understand and thanks for correcting me... I know it's the studio that designs it and gives it to the stores.. But my opinion still stands about the designers making the steels poorly and i meant for the studios... Sorry, my mistake.

Paramount hasn't the slightest clue what a Steelbook should be.. ( Beautiful Art from the movie)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I understand and thanks for correcting me... I know it's the studio that designs it and gives it to the stores.. But my opinion still stands about the designers making the steels poorly and i meant for the studios... Sorry, my mistake.

Paramount hasn't the slightest clue what a Steelbook should be.. ( Beautiful Art from the movie)
I agree most of this wave is not the best but there are a lot that have been purchasing them especially with the price they have been.

Ghost in the Shell is the best of this wave but yes it's not amazing compared to lot of other steelbooks we usually see

Paramount though have done some very good looking steelbooks in the past not all have been bad

This wave does not represent what paramount are capable off when designing steelbooks they have done some excellent ones previously

Last edited:
Well it looks like Amazon is back to cheaping out on media boxes, instead they sent mine in a bubble mailer. :angry: Luckily my copy was undamaged. :) Come on Amazon get with the program and quit slacking off. (n)