Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C Complete Series Collection - Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: June 4, 2018
Purchase: Zavvi (pre-order March 28, 2018)
Price: £99.99

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Includes:
  • Packaged in a deluxe rigid box with metallic finish
  • 11 blue-ray discs including 52 episodes & 3 films, housed in a custom digi-file and featuring new on-disc designs
  • A treasure-trove of on-disc extras with cast & crew interviews, trailers, textless opening and TV spots
  • An exclusive 140-page in-depth book, including interviews, cast & crew profiles, episode breakdowns and more
  • Also features newly restored subtitles

Interesting.
As I recently purchased the Kimchi (Korean) release (of this and SAC2), not sure what all this is bringing to the table to entice a double-dip.
"Newly restored subtitles" makes me a bit nervous...
Price is a bit hysterical as well, I'm wondering if it includes SAC2 for that price?

Using a magnifying glass on the back cover displayed on the Zavvi site, looks like 2nd GIG is included so, not a bad deal after all.

Last edited:
But can I trust Zavvi to send this to me in one piece??

Sadly, that is a question difficult to answer.
I'm in Canada and individual SteelBooks have arrived in Zavvi's double wrap cardboard, which works wonders for protection BUT the Indicator Harryhausen sets were in boxes too large for a snug fit and not adequately protected.
Fortunately, they still arrived undamaged but it's assuredly a coin toss.

Interesting.
As I recently purchased the Kimchi (Korean) release (of this and SAC2), not sure what all this is bringing to the table to entice a double-dip.
"Newly restored subtitles" makes me a bit nervous...
Price is a bit hysterical as well, I'm wondering if it includes SAC2 for that price?

Using a magnifying glass on the back cover displayed on the Zavvi site, looks like 2nd GIG is included so, not a bad deal after all.

well Ghost in the Shell editions are expensive in General. this price for a LE that includes both seasons and the movies (if not mistaken this is the First set to include the SAC movies aswell) is quite logical and possible cheap in my opinion

I've been waiting for this to be released in Europe for a while, will definitely pre-order it as soon as it becomes available. The set looks absolutely gorgeous in my opinion! But yeah, I'm also a little worried about Zavvi's packaging and handling of it. They are good with steelbooks, but when it comes to digipacks or other box sets, they are kind of terrible unfortunately.

Hmmm haven't seen any of these but have been looking in to it.

Edit: realised pre order isn't until 28th.

Wonder why it's gone from the site?

Since the price translates close to $200 Canadian, I think I'll be satisfied with my recent Korean set purchase for quite some time.
The extras are all pretty nice but there's gonna be a number of (PQ) quality issues with this coming set I fear so, I'm in no rush to double dip.

This also has the original Ghost in the shell movies besides the series right?

no mate it hasnt. is has the 3 films that are based on the show

Individual Eleven and The Laughing Man that basically are the 2 seasons merged into films and the Solid State Society that is a follow up to the series.

it does not have the original GITS film neither its sequel GITS 2: Innocense

Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes