luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Purchase link: Amazon
Release date: July 17, 2020

49619563657_bc14ad6ae5_k.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest the CE is pretty disappointing. Just for a cloth and half mask you paying 100 more! I expected better than that.
Will probably go for the Special ED just for the steelbook, which is not that crazy either.. just another dark case like many others lately. I was so hyped about it and this just let me down so much.

Reactions: Noodles and luke98
Yeah, a load of overpriced junk as usual. I'll pick up the steel or maybe even just the standard version.

Ghost of Tsushima steelbook by FantasyBox.

Just received it today and I can’t be more happy with this, good quality and much better than the official release will be.

Attachments

• 1D7D890B-E794-4DC4-AFB6-861C67CB8195.jpeg
    1D7D890B-E794-4DC4-AFB6-861C67CB8195.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 0227C38D-696F-45A6-9C91-1BCF107BB270.jpeg
    0227C38D-696F-45A6-9C91-1BCF107BB270.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 363
  • 04AACA27-995B-4C83-9FA8-CF8D20E4369F.jpeg
    04AACA27-995B-4C83-9FA8-CF8D20E4369F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 378
  • FEE1A664-4620-4D82-B40A-B39B0CF958AB.jpeg
    FEE1A664-4620-4D82-B40A-B39B0CF958AB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 376
Reactions: Lukesablade

Just received it today and I can’t be more happy with this, good quality and much better than the official release will be.

So is FantasyBox just someone custom printing Steels or are they doing something different? Can you take a pic of the SteelBook logo inside the case?

See this is what I wanted on the Steelbook

Or even something nice and colourful

After seeing the 18 minute State of Play gameplay, the game is like a painting, it's so beautiful, so why make the Steelbook black with a faded image on it. It makes no sense at all and with all these gaming steelbooks getting similar treatment, I'm sure it's coming down to a cheaper alternative, something like colour costs more during production.

@dfoles

Hey, they only doing custom steels, fairly new on the market.
I don't have any unsealed steelbooks to take photo of inside logo but it's similar to other steels with little text under disc holder and reads FantasyBox. (See website: FantasyBox Steelbook Designer – We make Fantasy PS4 Games Steelbooks for you | FantasyBox)

That’s what I’m mainly curious about. They’re actually manufacturing their own plastic insert which is pretty cool. And they look clearer than the standard SteelBook ones.

To be honest I'm very impressed with the quality. I was very hesitant in the beginning as there's plenty steels being painted on top of an old steel and they look all wacky on the edges.

They seem to be doing everything from scratch as new.

@dfoles

Hey, they only doing custom steels, fairly new on the market.
I don't have any unsealed steelbooks to take photo of inside logo but it's similar to other steels with little text under disc holder and reads FantasyBox. (See website: FantasyBox Steelbook Designer – We make Fantasy PS4 Games Steelbooks for you | FantasyBox)

@Robsonmonkey

I know right?! It's so sad they not putting much effort into steels lately considering it's a good market and has many collector's chasing them.

Holy ****, I didn't know it was a full on custom steelbook website

Damn, these designs, some even being games which never got Steelbooks like the Outer Worlds

If you interested in anything I can help you get at a discounted price when I will order for myself again.
Just let me know and I'll pay for them myself originally and once I have them in person you can pay me and I'll send them out to you.

Man that is really nice. I forgot to cancel my CE pre-order and was thinking to sell it after delivery but now that I see that I might change my mind. Heard some good stories about the gameplay but will have to see for myself.