Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.20 star(s) Rating: 4.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Genre: Science Fiction, Comedy

Director: Jason Reitman

Cast: Paul Rudd, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts and some unkown kids...

Release: 2020-07-10

Plot: When a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

Was Sigourney used in the game? I played about half way through before my PC died back then and I've never returned to it!! :LOL: I don't remember her in it.

I don't like the sound of teens for this new one! Why not adults?

Not another teen movie!! :p
No. Weaver's character was not in the game. But the rest of the core characters are voiced by the real actors - even Annie Potts as Janine and William Atherton as Walter Peck.
And I agree with your last point. Don't want a teen movie - but I also don't want an Apatow-style "bro" movie either. (That was an idea back in the day - to have Jonah Hill, Seth Rogan, etc...)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The ACTUAL Ghostbusters 3 was the video game (as it had the entire original cast).

I absolutely loved that game. I was so giddy while playing it -- to hear all of the original cast together. Plus it was written by Aykroyd and Ramis, so everything about the story was pretty perfect. It always surprised me that Murray was willing to come back for a video game but not another movie.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I absolutely loved that game. I was so giddy while playing it -- to hear all of the original cast together. Plus it was written by Aykroyd and Ramis, so everything about the story was pretty perfect. It always surprised me that Murray was willing to come back for a video game but not another movie.
It REALLY did feel like a sequel. May have to give that another spin soon....

It's too bad that the publisher/developer went under. It would've been nice to see a HD re-release on current consoles.
I HATE when that happens.
One of the funnest games ever made, Black Rock Studio's SPLIT SECOND never got a sequel because of that.
(Man, I loved dropping buildings on people!:LOL:)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
That game was amazing! One more awesome thing put to death too early thanks to Disney. :LOL:
Definitely one of the best games to play with a buddy that isn't a fighting game.
I wish there could have at least been more DLC tracks made.
2FAA0A0F-4DCB-4407-A9AE-82DD03E4284B.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I’m only going to see this if the teenagers are transgender. Otherwise I’ll boycott it.

Reactions: C.C. 95
They should've just done this film in the first place, instead of wasting time with that unnecessary reboot. Now it's too late IMO, since the main actors are old and one obviously dead. Would be cool if they managed to convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement though!

Reactions: denizen
They should've just done this film in the first place, instead of wasting time with that unnecessary reboot. Now it's too late IMO, since the main actors are old and one obviously dead. Would be cool if they managed to convince Rick Moranis to come out of retirement though!

You can blame (Cough Cough) Bill Murray for that.

You can blame (Cough Cough) Bill Murray for that.
Well, honestly... I don't think another film is really necessary either. However, if they're that determined to do it, then it should've always been the original cast or nothing!

Reactions: denizen