Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.20 star(s) Rating: 4.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Genre: Science Fiction, Comedy

Director: Jason Reitman

Cast: Paul Rudd, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts and some unkown kids...

Release: 2020-07-10

Plot: When a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

Jason Reitman, the Oscar-nominated filmmaker and son of original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman, has been set to co-write and direct a new Ghostbusters movie.
The film will be a direct sequel to 1989’s Ghostbusters II.

Sony Pictures has dated the film for Summer 2020, with plans to start shooting in a few months.

Too little too late. This should have happened 30 years ago. Without the involvement of Ramis and Murray (No doubt), it will be a lost cause.

Too little too late. This should have happened 30 years ago. Without the involvement of Ramis and Murray (No doubt), it will be a lost cause.

I don't think it's too late. Aykroyd's original plan was to have the film follow a grown-up Oscar as he takes over the business. If they go the Extreme Ghostbusters route and have Ray and Winston train the new squad instead of Egon like in EG, I think it'll work.

The only downfall is that the reboot definitely tainted the franchise, so this probably won't be as successful now as it would've been originally.

That reboot was dire, I think I lasted twenty minutes before I switched off. What's the new saying doing the rounds in Hollywood "Go Woke, Go broke"

I'm one of the minority who thought it was OK.

But I kept thinking what it could have been like with the original guys though.

What they could do now with the special effects/CGI would be interesting.

Considering Murray popped up in the reboot, i’d Be surprised if he wasn’t on board for this
Murray was the one who came up with the idea of the reboot on a talk show and he "dared" them to do an all star female cast. Funny how that piece of history seems to have vanished to ixnay on tarnishing his rep. But Murray was also responsible for No: 3 never going forward because he did not want to return. He ultimately decided to cameo in a small role

Special effects don't make a film. If that's all a film has to offer it's in serious trouble.....
Of course. That's not what I meant.

I just meant, with effects and CGI now they could achieve a lot more than the last film in 1988.

For example they could introduce time travel to going back to when they were their young selves again (like Leia in Rogue One) for Ramis to make a 'cameo' or something. You just never know.....

Murray was the one who came up with the idea of the reboot on a talk show and he "dared" them to do an all star female cast. Funny how that piece of history seems to have vanished to ixnay on tarnishing his rep. But Murray was also responsible for No: 3 never going forward because he did not want to return. He ultimately decided to cameo in a small role

Did you know that Lorenzo Music first supplied the voice for Peter Venkman in The Real Ghostbusters cartoon? Reportedly, Murray did not like that his character sounded like Garfield so the producers replaced Music with Dave Coulier.

Maurice LaMarche, who voiced Egon, simply did impersonation of Harold Ramis. (This led Bill Murray to comment that "Harold's guy sounds like him, I sound like Garfield!)

Sounds like he's never happy!!

Reactions: denizen
I think for the story they should approach it something like Extreme Ghostbusters as lets face it the original cast are getting on! So have them as Professors in a University / College or something where they run a class around the paranormal which no one attends accept a couple of students who want to coast through Uni. Throw in a few rumors about their professors being Ghostbusters in the 80s, rumors that no one believes and eventually have the old crew teaching the new crew how things work and heck have them join the new crew and realize that yea they are too old for this stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I think for the story they should approach it something like Extreme Ghostbusters as lets face it the original cast are getting on! So have them as Professors in a University / College or something where they run a class around the paranormal which no one attends accept a couple of students who want to coast through Uni. Throw in a few rumors about their professors being Ghostbusters in the 80s, rumors that no one believes and eventually have the old crew teaching the new crew how things work and heck have them join the new crew and realize that yea they are too old for this stuff.

Sounds like that's exactly what they're doing (which is absolutely the right thing to do to help this franchise go forward with a new generation). Jason Reitman is casting four teens -- two males and two females -- to become new Ghostbusters.

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The ACTUAL Ghostbusters 3 was the video game (as it had the entire original cast).
Was Sigourney used in the game? I played about half way through before my PC died back then and I've never returned to it!! :LOL: I don't remember her in it.

I don't like the sound of teens for this new one! Why not adults?

Not another teen movie!! :p

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database