Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: February 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Walmart
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K and Blu-ray discs - Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) - Ghostbusters (2016) is digital code only

81B355qOIHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, an hour after posting that message, I get a shipping notification.

10 to 1 the item will arrive damaged. Amazon aren't so good at packing anymore :(

It's a little weird that GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE has the No Ghost Symbol like OG GHOSTBUSTERS.
I wonder if that's a placeholder art.
It does. It's right there in the picture. 1, 2, 3, then Bonus Features disk, and Making Ghostbusters disk.
So the Ghost Trap is just cardboard? Seems expensive for a fancy cardboard box. Is this the only way to get the 4k editions together?
According to the description, it has lights.

I wish they'd have included The Real Ghostbusters episode, "Citizen Ghost" (s1,ep11). That's the episode that shows what happened immediately following the first Ghostbusters movie, like why their outfits are different colours, how Slimer is still around, etc. I do believe it is available to watch on the web if you're interested. Still would have been a neat addition.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I wish they'd have included The Real Ghostbusters episode, "Citizen Ghost" (s1,ep11). That's the episode that shows what happened immediately following the first Ghostbusters movie, like why their outfits are different colours, how Slimer is still around, etc. I do believe it is available to watch on the web if you're interested. Still would have been a neat addition.
Wish they released the whole series again, bundled with the movies in one box, like Back to the Future had. Understanding not everyone wants the animated series, it could be a separate, ultimate edition, priced at $150... wait a second... :cautious:
I mean, then this MSRP would make sense, not the $3 Chinese proximity sensor.

Wish they released the whole series again, bundled with the movies in one box, like Back to the Future had. Understanding not everyone wants the animated series, it could be a separate, ultimate edition, priced at $150... wait a second... :cautious:
You mean something like this....?

You mean something like this....?

I've seen that series box in a few collections, it's long OOP and probably going for a lot of money now. I meant including it together with the films, in this box they just called 'Ultimate'.
But I did not know there were Real Ghostbusters steelbooks inside it! Four of them! With embossed frames and titles! Wow, I really shouldn't have missed those. I guess wasn't interested in the animated series at the time, but still, they look awesome.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I've seen that series box in a few collections, it's long OOP and probably going for a lot of money now. I meant including it together with the films, in this box they just called 'Ultimate'.
But I did not know there were Real Ghostbusters steelbooks inside it! Four of them! With embossed frames and titles! Wow, I really shouldn't have missed those. I guess wasn't interested in the animated series at the time, but still, they look awesome.
They are DVD steelbooks
The box set was a time life exclusive

• Thanks
They are DVD steelbooks
The box set was a time life exclusive
Yeah, I know they're DVD, I have nothing against DVD steels, been collecting them exactly since DVD times. But I didn't know who released that set, Time Life you say. That's a publisher I haven't heard of in a while, last I remember seeing their infomercials on some audio CD set collection. No wonder I missed their DVD box, then.

Arrived today from Amazon. Praise the lord for gift wrap, arrived unscathed.
As a Ghostbusters obsessive, I really love this set. Was it pricey? Sure, even more so when it comes to the import. But I’m still delighted with it.

Ah I love a good fantasist

I remember when the MCU collection was coming out in the UK for around £400 for 23 4k movies and someone said for that price they'd expect 23 4k blu ray steelbook editions and high quality replica items included to justify the price.

23 Marvel 4k steelbooks... For £400, that still makes me chuckle to this day

Ah I love a good fantasist

I remember when the MCU collection was coming out in the UK for around £400 for 23 4k movies and someone said for that price they'd expect 23 4k blu ray steelbook editions and high quality replica items included to justify the price.

23 Marvel 4k steelbooks... For £400, that still makes me chuckle to this day
A 90's tv animated series, on DVD, in amarays, sure it could have been in the $150 set of THREE films. Which are also not in steelbooks, not even digipacks.

4k catalogue titles can be easily bought for $10-15, £400 is about $550, and sets of films are always cheaper, so if this wasn't Evil greedy Disney, sure should have been steelbooks.
They at least did some kind of CD-sized digipacks, if I remember correctly, but could've made some sort of metal tins, like the Hitchcock set.

This set came back in stock briefly a couple days ago for $99.99 Canadian at Best Buy Canada so I decided to jump on it. I received it today. It's sold out again there and the listing has now disappeared.

I saw an article somewhere on some site on my phone (no idea what site...it was random) where according to the producers, this is supposedly a limited set and now sold out from most retailers. They didn't have any plans to make any more but they may rethink that in the future.

Amazon Canada still has a lot though at $159.99 Canadian (you can order up to 30 at a time there still if you want)

Of course Zavvi still has there batch which shows as $260 Canadian lol.

Now I just saw this article. Some sets have mixed up discs like 2 Ghostbusters 2 4K discs but no Ghostbusters 1 4K disc. Missing digital codes, missing sleeve for Ghostbusters Afterlife. I think that's all the anomalies so far. :ohno:

It also mentions the omissions from the European sets.