Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: February 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Walmart
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K and Blu-ray discs - Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) - Ghostbusters (2016) is digital code only

81B355qOIHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there wasn't, besides the individual steels, and a double movie steel, although not sure if it contained UHD discs.
Anyway, I don't like the bland logo slips, and will have to buy some kind of steelbooks separately.

Seems sold out for now.
The steelbook with the 2 original Ghostbusters has 5 discs: 2 4K feature discs, 2 Blu-Ray feature discs and a bonus Blu-Ray, but it came out a while ago and is long sold out unless you buy from eBay for up to $200. The eBay sales history shows some sealed copies sold recently for less than $100, though.

Searched through what I have, it appears I bought the original two films in steelbooks twice, the black ones with iconic logos, and those drawn ones from 2016, besides the digibook. So all I need is this new UHD box set, and will replace discs in one of the steel sets.

So this is sold out everywhere, forever?
Looks like it. But look at it this way... you save yourself the disappointment of opening the Amazon box to see it poorly packaged, with the item all dented up.

Seems to be an Amazon standard nowadays. I had to do four Back To The Future Hoverboard sets returns/replaces before I effectively gave up :(

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Bad wording. I meant that the mockups above look like Steelbooks.

If you zoom in on this image, the spine GB1 looks like a steelbook https://www.hidefninja.com/community/attachments/81b355qoihl-_sl1500_-jpg.523660/

I see what looks like a difference between the front cover and the spine..
I might be mistaken but I think that they are just slip covers, similar to many other editions, containing the individual amaray cases inside.

Actually, I will try supporting this argument (although I cannot be sure and I should be cautious...) with a very recent example: the Karate Kid pack 4K containing the three movies. The US edition contained the three movies inside of individual nice slip covers and everything packed inside the art-box; however, when checking the same edition in European countries (I got one of those) you see that they did not contain any slip covers but only the amaray cases inside the art-box. Now, when checking pictures shown by many European sellers (including amazon.de, amazon.it...) for the Ghostbusters set you find the same situation: only amaray cases without any slipcover in Europe. The US edition might easily come with the slip covers.

And only for the US edition! European editions do not have neither lights nor slipcases (and they charge, with sone exceptions such as amazon.de, much more than the US edition). You lucky guys! :)
It's not only USA edition that has the lights
Canada the ultimate edition also has the lights
The twiiter post #36
Ken (aka tridon from HDN) is from Canada ;)

There might be some other countries editions that have lights
It's been released in a good few countries around the world

UK edition don't have the lights