Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: February 1, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Walmart
Price: $99.99
Notes: 4K and Blu-ray discs - Ghostbusters (1984) - Ghostbusters II (1989) - Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021) - Ghostbusters (2016) is digital code only

81B355qOIHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I checked earlier today and saw that you could still order 30 copies at a time from Amazon Canada and the price was $159.99.

I just looked again and it's no longer available. :wow:

I wonder if it suddenly sold out to European buyers wanting the green lights or if maybe it was pulled due to some sets not having the proper discs. :dunno:

Anyone else see this? I wonder if it's actually true or if Sony will eventually make more of these.

I guess it is one of those popular demands to encourage Sony to produce a second batch. I am actually very much surprised that they (Sony) did not do it already because nowadays the concept "limited" -when referring to large companies- refers to producing as many units as number of customers who are willing to buy. And, for this particular set, still many customers are willing to get one of these. I may be wrong, but I am confident that we will see production of a second batch rather soon.

Reactions: Rady
I guess it is one of those popular demands to encourage Sony to produce a second batch. I am actually very much surprised that they (Sony) did not do it already because nowadays the concept "limited" -when referring to large companies- refers to producing as many units as number of customers who are willing to buy. And, for this particular set, still many customers are willing to get one of these. I may be wrong, but I am confident that we will see production of a second batch rather soon.
As long as they realize there is money to be made & there aren't any issues with the supplier they used for this, there's no reason not to make more! Lots of money waiting to be spent on these.

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Well this sucks. I guess we will see it for $59.99 next Black Friday, and I'll have overpaid $100.

Mine arrived today, surprisingly, in relatively good condition. A couple of small barely noticeable blemishes. Surprisingly, because in typical Amazon fashion it was packed in just a non padded bag. Idiots. Making it all the way down to New Zealand, I expected worse.

Thankfully, all the correct discs are present.

Arrived today from Amazon. Praise the lord for gift wrap, arrived unscathed.
As a Ghostbusters obsessive, I really love this set. Was it pricey? Sure, even more so when it comes to the import. But I’m still delighted with it.
So with Gift Wrap, is it wrapped better than a non padded mail bag?

Anyone else see this? I wonder if it's actually true or if Sony will eventually make more of these.

Already available for backorder at Best Buy Canada. 26 units remaining. The listing says they will ship by March 5th.

Still only $99.99 Canadian there.

Reactions: Rady
So with Gift Wrap, is it wrapped better than a non padded mail bag?
Gift wrap comes in a box every time. And in a bag inside the box, more often than not with those little air bag things to stop it rocking around.

Everything I ordered would come in those little padded mailers that would nearly always spell damage. Haven’t had anything damaged since I started to use the Gift Wrap option.

Not perfect, but also not that bad. US edition is much better than EU (price + slips + light) and i think it’s worth the price. Nice packing with 4K sets and the book completes the collection and I think it is the first such good edition for this franchise and probably the last concerning how streaming is dominating the business.

Already available for backorder at Best Buy Canada. 26 units remaining. The listing says they will ship by March 5th.

Still only $99.99 Canadian there.
aaand sold out. These must be extra copies that had not arrived at their warehouse yet or were "found" by someone. Any re-issues will take a while.

Reactions: Stygian

That is not anything official but just a tweet speculating and hoping for a re-issue and click bait to post replies on his twitter account

Film Studios distributors though do re-releases regulary but often are standard editions or limited editions with different artwork or packaging

At the moment there is no re-release planned for this box set from Sony

Reactions: Lenny Nero and Rady
That is not anything official but just a tweet speculating and hoping for a re-issue and click bait to post replies on his twitter account

Film Studios distributors though do re-releases regulary but often are standard editions or limited editions with different artwork or packaging

At the moment there is no re-release planned for this box set from Sony
That's my question, I'm curious if Sony will even have enough incentive to re-release this box set or if they'll just release a standard box set of the films together.

That's my question, I'm curious if Sony will even have enough incentive to re-release this box set or if they'll just release a standard box set of the films together.
I think they might do a slim box that looks like a trap from 5 sides, with the three movies, maybe even same slips, but no book. Probably will keep the bonus discs, but in an amaray.

Gift wrap comes in a box every time. And in a bag inside the box, more often than not with those little air bag things to stop it rocking around.

Everything I ordered would come in those little padded mailers that would nearly always spell damage. Haven’t had anything damaged since I started to use the Gift Wrap option.
Thanks for the tip! I'll use gift wrap from now on. So you just check the "This Item Is A Gift" or add a Gift Bag?

Reactions: Strangerbyday
Not perfect, but also not that bad. US edition is much better than EU (price + slips + light) and i think it’s worth the price. Nice packing with 4K sets and the book completes the collection and I think it is the first such good edition for this franchise and probably the last concerning how streaming is dominating the business.

Interesting, the damage and flaws in the case in this video, are almost exactly the same as how I received mine.

Reactions: galareta2332
Does anyone know if the Korean edition of this box set comes with the LED lights? Or do only the North American editions have LED lights?