Apple TV+ Ghosted - Streaming April 21, 2023

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Ghosted (2023)

Tagline: Meeting that special someone can be a real adventure.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance

Director: Dexter Fletcher

Cast: Ana de Armas, Chris Evans, Adrien Brody, Tim Blake Nelson, Amy Sedaris, Tate Donovan, Lizze Broadway, Mike Moh, Marwan Kenzari, Anna Deavere Smith, Mustafa Shakir, Tiya Sircar

Release: 2023-04-21

Plot: Salt-of-the-earth Cole falls head over heels for enigmatic Sadie — but then makes the shocking discovery that she’s a secret agent. Before they can decide on a second date, Cole and Sadie are swept away on an international adventure to save the world.

This looks good, Armas seems to have the monopoly on this type of female ass kicker now and I'm all for it :D

Reactions: Noodles

I've watched the trailer a couple times now. While it looks fun and I'm totally going to watch it... Something is really bugging me with the "look" of the movie.

The Lighting / Cinematography looks like a TV commercial or like a NBC TV series or something. Anybody else feel like this?

I see that Dexter Fletcher is directing this and I don't recall his other movies looking this way.

Reactions: Noodles
I've watched the trailer a couple times now. While it looks fun and I'm totally going to watch it... Something is really bugging me with the "look" of the movie.

The Lighting / Cinematography looks like a TV commercial or like a NBC TV series or something. Anybody else feel like this?

I see that Dexter Fletcher is directing this and I don't recall his other movies looking this way.
Something didn't quite sit right with me either, and I think you've nailed it... it just looks a little "cheap" in the way it's shot.

Reactions: kaw
Lol even the poster looks cheap...

ghosted.jpeg

Watched this tonight. If you have any interest in the movie I recommend watching it asap to not get spoiled by the fun cameos in it. Thats probably the best part of this movie TBH.
But yeah the look of this movie is just so bad. One of the worst looking big budget films i've ever seen. I have no Idea how this happened with the people involved. All very talented. But man, everything looks like a fake set or green screen and is lit so blandly. Which is too bad, this might have actually been a fun film if it didn't look so cheap. In someone else's hands it could have been much better.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Watched this tonight. If you have any interest in the movie I recommend watching it asap to not get spoiled by the fun cameos in it. Thats probably the best part of this movie TBH.
But yeah the look of this movie is just so bad. One of the worst looking big budget films i've ever seen. I have no Idea how this happened with the people involved. All very talented. But man, everything looks like a fake set or green screen and is lit so blandly. Which is too bad, this might have actually been a fun film if it didn't look so cheap. In someone else's hands it could have been much better.

Unsurprisingly it's getting sh*t on...

• Haha
Reactions: kaw
I love both main actors but I'm not even the slightest bit interested in watching this.

That's sterile apple product for you, to be consumed by its zombified customers.
And it looks 'cheap' because it's all green screen shot, like their presentations.

Wow, flat, lifeless, bog standard movie. Terrible. Might be hard to push a 4/10 for me.
Wish I'd have ghosted the movie instead.

Better than I was expecting - the plot does revolve around another 'mcgaffin' everyone wants, and there are a few obvious green screen shots, that shouldn't be, like basic scenes in a desert, but still a lot of nice action sequences, fun cameos, and character banter isn't bad or cringy.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database