Gladiator - 20th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #?) [Italy]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster® & GIFGuru®
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Notes: Print run 600 (Box set 200 - Lenti 100 - Full Slip 100)

84640936_1809189045878585_5057483398751191040_o.jpg83641409_1801148230016000_2991770774106275840_o.jpg
84518629_1799131540217669_7558664423984857088_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Front cover by Dani Blazquez (2015):
Screen-Shot-2015-05-29-at-9.27.37-PM-677x1024.png

According to his website, he preferred this design, but the client turned it down:
tumblr_p2fnbmnScR1rtbmhto1_1280.jpg

Looks like the original poster has been stretched to fit the slipcase, but I assume that will be fixed for the final product.

I don't know what the back cover is from. To me, the two don't go together very well, so I may wait to see what next month's Gladiator premium release looks like.

Front cover by Dani Blazquez (2015):
Screen-Shot-2015-05-29-at-9.27.37-PM-677x1024.png

According to his website, he preferred this design, but the client turned it down:
tumblr_p2fnbmnScR1rtbmhto1_1280.jpg

Looks like the original poster has been stretched to fit the slipcase, but I assume that will be fixed for the final product.

I don't know what the back cover is from. To me, the two don't go together very well, so I may wait to see what next month's Gladiator premium release looks like.

1580599666844.gif

oh btw I wouldn’t assume with AR that could very well be locked in or who knows you might be right and may get a revision for the better (n)

oh btw I wouldn’t assume with AR that could very well be locked in or who knows you might be right and may get a revision for the better (n)
I'm not quite sure what you mean, actually. :) When I said the client opted for the other poster design, I meant the original client who commissioned the poster, not CM, in case that was confusing.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, actually. :) When I said the client opted for the other poster design, I meant the original client who commissioned the poster, not CM, in case that was confusing.

Oh I was talking about how you mentioned that the original poster has been stretched to fit and it’s altered the aspect ratio (AR), hopefully this will be fixed in a revision though oh and loved your lil comment about waiting for next months Gladiator premium there’s been a few huh :LOL:

Oh I was talking about how you mentioned that the original poster has been stretched to fit and it’s altered the aspect ratio (AR) and loved your lil comment about waiting for next months Gladiator premium there’s been a few huh :LOL:
Ah, okay. :) I'm sure the aspect ratio will be correct on the final product. @duckandrun likes to show off concepts before they go to press, which is fine—kind of fun to see some of the process as it's happening.

@virkia – Are you going to show us a panorama of all the Gladiator steelbooks and premiums so far? ;)

I don't care for the back cover of this slip, but the front cover would actually work pretty well with that comic-book style steelbook from several years ago. But whatever the case—I think I've bought this film enough times over the years.

Reactions: willbar84
This is just preview...aspect ratio will be corrected even if it will be hard work because image is created insde frame.
I think this atwork captures perfectly movie atmosphere and it's ful of element about Gladiator.
_Lenticular artwork will be dedicated to Massimo Decimo Meridio.

Hope there are single editions of this. Don’t want to be forced to buy a box set again like batman & Batman returns

Hope there are single editions of this. Don’t want to be forced to buy a box set again like batman & Batman returns
Based on the print run in the description, it looks like there will be 100 single editions of each the lenti and the full slip.

Never heard of either of these artists. Front cover by Yvan “Wyv” Quinet:

7007f0_2321ca95a98244a2ab672e7f87c2b92e~mv2.jpg

Back cover by 227 graham. Here's the color version:

gladiator_large.fa.jpg

Feeling like it may be time to give Gladiator a rest for a few years.