Cancelled GLOW (Season 3) [Netflix]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Source: Slashfilm.com

Alison Brie to star in Netflix’s Pro Wrestling Series ‘G.L.O.W.’ from ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Creator
alison-brie.jpg

:hungry: :drool:
Community/Mad Men actress Alison Brie has signed on to star in Netflix’s pro wrestling television series G.L.O.W. Based on the real-life 1980’s female wrestling league “Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling,” the new comedy series comes from Jenji Kohan, creator of Orange Is The New Black and Weeds.

“G.L.O.W.” was a popular professional wrestling league based in Las Vegas during the 1980’s. Most of the league’s wrestlers had no prior experience, instead were actresses, models, dancers, and stunt women hoping to use the league to get into show business. G.L.O.W. was produced very differently from Vince McMahon’s WWE (then WWF) and most American pro wrestling federations as it was filmed like a traditional television series with actual seasons with some of the stars sometimes changing from season to season. The syndicated GLOW TV show was produced for four seasons from 1986–1990 from the Riviera Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip. The league is best known for the colorful characters and over-the-top comedy sketches that made it different than almost any other pro wrestling tv show in the world. Above you can watch the opening intro for the old series. In 2012 there was a documentary produced about the league titled GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling.

The half-hour comedy fictionalized series is inspired by the real story behind the wrestlers, described as showcasing “big hair and body slams.” Variety has confirmed that Brie will play an out-of-work actress who “finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.”

Netflix has ordered 10 episodes of G.L.O.W. The comedy series, which is created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange Is the New Black). Flahive and Mensch are the showrunners of G.L.O.W., which will also be executive produced by Orange Is the New Black‘s Jenji Kohan and Tara Herrmann.Netflix has not set a launch date for G.L.O.W., but with the series now in preproduction we can expect to see it launch on the streaming service probably sometime in 2017.
popcorn2.gif

So... I watched 5 episodes last night! Each episode is only about 30 mins so its an easy watch. Very enjoyable too!

If you are an Alison Brie fan... the first episode is :OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG: :cow::cow::cow::cow: :joy::joy::joy::joy: !!!!
BOOBS! LOL
Was not expecting that.
ln2Pl85.gif
BOOBS you say?! :OMG: WOW! :woot: I am definitely watching this tonight! :naughty: :hungry: Thanks @kaw! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
I finished this a couple nights back and I absolutely loved it! This is easily my favourite drama/comedy from Netflix now. As an 80s/90s wrestling fan, I ate it up! All the ladies are damn fine actors, too. I can't wait for Season 2!

• Thanks
Reactions: Alistair G and kaw