God Help the Girl (Blu-ray Slipbox) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
More info coming soon!

image.jpg

I found this film so cringeworthy... but then I do most musicals to be fair. I did think Emily Browning was great though! And Olly Alexander was ok I guess, but I'm surprised they didn't allow him to sing more in the film, since he's the lead vocalist in quite a well known band (Years & Years). Hannah Murray, on the other hand... no one should ever allow her to sing ever again - it was so nasally that I couldn't stand to listen and had to skip her bits.

Will be interesting to see what they do for this edition though... the more images of Emily Browning they use, the better. :drool:

This is the movie that Belle & Sebastian were involved with, correct?
Yeah, it is. God Help the Girl is actually a side project from the Belle and Sebastian frontman (whose name escapes me and I can't be bothered Googling) with female vocalists and the band doing accompaniment. The movie is something that spun out of that. I'm not actually a Belle and Sebastian fan, but their music with female vocals just does it for me.

I'm really looking forward to this. The movie is so annoyingly twee, but at the same time that's exactly what it's supposed to be and it's a pleasant watch.

Yeah, it is. God Help the Girl is actually a side project from the Belle and Sebastian frontman (whose name escapes me and I can't be bothered Googling) with female vocalists and the band doing accompaniment. The movie is something that spun out of that. I'm not actually a Belle and Sebastian fan, but their music with female vocals just does it for me.

I'm really looking forward to this. The movie is so annoyingly twee, but at the same time that's exactly what it's supposed to be and it's a pleasant watch.

thanks! yeah it's Stuart Murdoch. I'm a big fan of their early albums. I heard about the project some time ago, but I don't know how much of a release it got here in the US (I don't even think it's been released here on Blu-ray).

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Reactions: Spike Anderson

One is the regular "limited deluxe edition" and the other is the Amazon JP exclusive of the "limited deluxe edition".
As for exactly what the difference are, I don't know yet. Pictures show no difference. We still have about 2 months so it might get updated before then.

The Amazon Japan exclusive comes with a "double jacket Blu-ray case". Whatever that means is anybody's guess.

Reactions: AlienKing
Would much rather prefer the scanvo art as the slip art but oh well still looks nice

Not a huge fan of the "creative edition" spines either tho