God of War 3 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
God of War III is a forthcoming installment in the God of War video game franchise. It was formally announced at E3 2008, and is expected to be released in 2010 according to the gamestop website exclusively for the PlayStation 3. It is the fifth chapter in the series chronologically, after God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War, God of War: Betrayal and God of War II. The tagline for the game is "In the end, there will be only chaos".

Although little is known about the game at this point, it was confirmed to be in development by Cory Barlog at a God of War II launch event. He revealed that the game would run at full 1080p HD resolution, and the game would support Sixaxis tilt and vibration functions. This was stated before the DualShock 3 controller was announced; therefore causing confusion as the Sixaxis controller did not support rumble. Barlog also expressed an interest in adding a cooperative mode "if we can do something unique with it".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nRYbCJahZoc&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nRYbCJahZoc&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

God of War director David Jaffe has said that, "God of War explains, or ultimately will explain, why there are no more Greek myths." He has also stated that it will be "hell on earth" as the gods and the titans battle each other for domination. Though Jaffe and Barlog left Sony for other opportunities, they are still credited for the series and will possibly be involved in this installment. Eat Sleep Play, co-founded by Jaffe, has expressed interest to be involved in development for God of War III.

4192770290_f948ffb46f.jpg

We’ve been working pretty hard on this for the past few months but I’m delighted to announce that the “Ultimate Trilogy Edition” will be available in limited quantities in most European countries, Australia and New Zealand at the same time as the standalone God of War III game. Pricing and exact release details to be confirmed in the next few weeks so stay tuned :)

This very special edition will come in a high-end, sculpted replica of Pandora’s Box and we are planning to include the following items inside:

* God of War III
* God of War Collection (gentle reminder, this is God of War and God of War II, remastered in HD, running at 60 fps, with Trophy support, all on one Blu-ray Disc)
* Extra game content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
o God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges to complete
o Dominus character skin
o Apollo character skin
o Phantom of Chaos character skin
o Forgotten Warrior character skin

* Exclusive video content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
o God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary. This is a full-length documentary detailing the history of the God of War franchise. A must have for fans!

* Special audio bonus content:
o God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game
o God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War

* Additional content:
o Artbook
o Postcards

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put it on easy and enjoy the story! Great game, just finished it after 2 days, think i put in about 8-9 hours... Now to move onto something else, or get a PLAT

Dang, I must be bad at button mashers. I feel like I've already played it about 8 hours and am only just beginning the 3rd chapter.

Oh, I know what it is...by the time I get home from treating dental patients all day, my fingers are too tired and slow.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Thank You! I'm glad i'm not alone. Last night i was the closest i've ever come to throwing my dualshock right through the middle of my t.v. The last part of the last battle is driving me insane. I'm getting closer and closer to getting it done but it's so hard. :angry:

Yeah, my tv and PS3 have been taking alot of verbal abuse during this game. Hopefully my son couldn't hear me! I just don't have as much patience for these games as I used to. Love the game though. Maybe I shouldn't pick up Demon's Souls.

Dang, I must be bad at button mashers. I feel like I've already played it about 8 hours and am only just beginning the 3rd chapter.

Oh, I know what it is...by the time I get home from treating dental patients all day, my fingers are too tired and slow.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Yeah, my tv and PS3 have been taking alot of verbal abuse during this game. Hopefully my son couldn't hear me! I just don't have as much patience for these games as I used to. Love the game though. Maybe I shouldn't pick up Demon's Souls.

Best thing to do is sit back and enjoy the game, it took me about 11-13 hours to finish which is ok I spent a lot looking for stuff and enjoyed the game.

spoilers ahead read at your own risk!
What did you guys think of the ending? I suppose killing himself ends the great story. Opinions please. On another note, this game is just too damn awesome!! gory, bloody, limb ripping awesomeness!!!!

Best thing to do is sit back and enjoy the game, it took me about 11-13 hours to finish which is ok I spent a lot looking for stuff and enjoyed the game.

spoilers ahead read at your own risk!
What did you guys think of the ending? I suppose killing himself ends the great story. Opinions please. On another note, this game is just too damn awesome!! gory, bloody, limb ripping awesomeness!!!!

Horhay question for you
Did you watch the scene after the credits?

I also agree it was very gory and amazing.

Horhay question for you
Did you watch the scene after the credits?

I also agree it was very gory and amazing.

WTF?! what scenes after the credits?! aah!!! EEK! I waited and waited but stupid credits were long I didn't see ****! arrgg!

What exactly happens in this scene?

damn it.....

Loving this game! Playing on Titan now and must say now i really have to be on my guard, cant imagine how Chaos will be. I do have to be careful though not to play when kid is around cause for some reason i keep finding myself loading that Aphrodite Chambers Save file!!!!:scat:EEK!:oohyeah:

just bought this,i thought to myself....."why did i buy my ps3 if i'm not playing all the ps3 Exclusives"...

kinda a bit late to the game,but the game look's pretty awesome from the video's

God of War III slashes competition in March, sells 1.1 million copies

God of War III was the big game in March, selling 1.1 million copies in the US, according to figures released by the NPD Group today. The PlayStation 3 exclusive edged out Pokemon SoulSilver for the DS, which sold 1,020,000 units.

The PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII also sold very well, roughly doubling the sales of its Xbox 360 counterpart. Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 sold more than 800,000 copies, while the Xbox 360 version sold about 490,000 copies. The game saw the best opening sales in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Other standouts in March included Battlefield: Bad Company, which sold more than 450,000 PS3 copies and MLB 10: The Show, which sold 349,200 copies.

March was a very strong month in software sales. It was so strong, in fact, that God of War III sold 32 percent better than God of War II did when it was released on the PS2 in March of 2007.

U.S. gamers spent about $875 million USD on videogames last month, marking a 10 percent increase over last March.

God of War III director talks alternate endings

God of War III’s Stig Asmussen has divulged some juicy details surrounding the alternate story paths that the series’ former directors had in mind for Kratos’ epic swansong.

"What David Jaffe talked about doing was basically, you destroy Greek mythology and then Norse mythology is right around the corner,” revealed Asmussen, during a chinwag with GamePro.

"It becomes clear at the end that he's going to become this harbinger of death across different mythologies in the world and maybe carry the series on from there."

"Cory Barlog talked about Kratos becoming Death. He pretty much becomes the Grim Reaper at the end of the game and his blades become sickles."

Ultimately, while admitting he thought both ideas had legs, Asmussen opted not to use them as he felt he would not have been as passionate about the story:

“They're both incredibly good ideas, but you need a director to be passionate about the story and understand it intimately. If I had used Dave or Cory's idea, I wouldn't have been as passionate about it."

Preorder Ghost of Sparta and Play as Deimos in GoW III!

Chances are if you grew up in the same household as Kratos, you probably developed thick skin at a young age. In the latest trailer for God of War: Ghost of Sparta, we see our favorite God-killer in true torment.

In case you needed even more reasons to pick up the upcoming PSP-exclusive GoW game, Sony revealed today that specially marked boxes of the game will include an exclusive downloadable voucher for the Deimos Skin for God of War III on the PlayStation 3.

deimos.jpg

Deimos is Kratos’s brother, and apparently he had his hands full growing up alongside his dangerous brother. This God of War III skin will provide enhanced combat damage and the ability to receive four times the amount of health, magic and god orbs.

All of the two-tone Entertainment Packs will include the vouchers, along with the Ultimate Pre-Order bundle. Look for the latest story in the epic journey of Kratos when it launches on Nov. 2 in the US and Nov. 11 in the UK.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="265" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/e7becd0c" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/e7becd0c" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>​

Heh that would be cool.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

c'mon kids, let's slice people's heads off!!!

Just dont try it at home....