God of War Collection Megathread

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Today Sony announced that God of War and God of War 2 are coming to PS3 on one blu-ray disc. Both games are upscaled to 720p and the blu-ray disc will have trophies! Both titles have also been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience. Below is the full press release:

Final Boxart..

godofwar_1251922996.jpg

Last edited:
Fake, Sony Officially announced it, they can't and won't push it back now..

I think it's an error on gamestops side more than anything..because they are known for getting things a tad wrong.

But on Sony's side, they officially announce lots of things and delay them for whatever reason they deem necessary...Hence why the PS3 got the name delaystation...And we've all experienced hefty delays on more than one game in it's catalogue, on more than one occasion.

Sony are known for going back on their word

I think it's an error on gamestops side more than anything..because they are known for getting things a tad wrong.

But on Sony's side, they officially announce lots of things and delay them for whatever reason they deem necessary...Hence why the PS3 got the name delaystation...And we've all experienced hefty delays on more than one game in it's catalogue, on more than one occasion.

Sony are known for going back on their word

Not when officially giving a release date.. they push it back when they say winter 2009, or in 2009.. etc..

Amazon hasn't pushed it back....

Also Dualshockers is a NO-NAME Blog...

They've officially announced lots of games/apps/hardware by giving an exact date and delayed them.

A NO NAME blog, really has nothing to do whether the source is a credible one or not. It's just a case of someone noticing a date within gamestops website and posting his or her findings.

An "unknown" blog posted the first pictures of the PS3 Slim... which Sony vehemently denied any knowledge of the slim and everyone shouted FAKE!!!

Like I said in my above post, I think it's an error on gamestops part, more than anything.

They've officially announced lots of games/apps/hardware by giving an exact date and delayed them.

A NO NAME blog, really has nothing to do whether the source is a credible one or not. It's just a case of someone noticing a date within gamestops website and posting his or her findings.

An "unknown" blog posted the first pictures of the PS3 Slim... which Sony vehemently denied any knowledge of the slim and everyone shouted FAKE!!!

Like I said in my above post, I think it's an error on gamestops part, more than anything.

The PS3 slim pics weren't from a no name blog.. its a well known blog in china...

Anyways Sony denies it, and gamestop is the only place to have the date wrong, and gamestop dates aren't news...

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3855/rumor-smash-god-of-war-collection-not-delayed/

The PS3 slim pics weren't from a no name blog.. its a well known blog in china...

Anyways Sony denies it, and gamestop is the only place to have the date wrong, and gamestop dates aren't news...

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3855/rumor-smash-god-of-war-collection-not-delayed/

Yes, but the blog is unbeknown to us, (obviously, because of the language it's written in) is the point I'm trying to make.

the other point I'm trying to make is:
Sony denied the PS3 Slims exsistance too...but it didn't mean it wasn't an itch in Sony's pants.

The gamestop date would be news if in the near or distant future... if it indeed turned out to be true.

But on that note ....any news is news and I agree with you that it's an error on GS' side.

Not when officially giving a release date.. they push it back when they say winter 2009, or in 2009.. etc..

An excerpt from the link you posted

We contacted Sony's Jeff Rubenstein about the rumor, who replied "The release date remains Fall 2009."

The date of 10th of November is probably still on track.. but seems a bit wierd that he doesn't state an exact date. Seeing though it's only a month away

Last edited:
Just ordered GOW Collection and paid $3.77 out of pocket.

Thank you gift cards and reward certificates!

I was thinking of getting this however I have them on PS2 and I just wouldn't have time to play it. However, they are both great games so enjoy it!

God of War Collection Is Coming To The PlayStation Network

You'll soon be able to purchase either God of War I or God of War II separately or pick them up as a bundle.

Each game will be available individually for €17.99/£13.99 each or you can have both for €29.99/£23.99.

The God Of War Collection releases on the PS Store from November 2nd in North America and November 3rd in Europe.