God of War Collection Megathread

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Today Sony announced that God of War and God of War 2 are coming to PS3 on one blu-ray disc. Both games are upscaled to 720p and the blu-ray disc will have trophies! Both titles have also been remastered with anti-aliased graphics, running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience. Below is the full press release:

Final Boxart..

godofwar_1251922996.jpg

Last edited:
Dude this is frickin awesome news ... and believe it or not like James I havent played it either!!!

GoW Collection to include God of War III demo

Fans of the God of War series have an even better reason to pick up the upcoming God of War Collection – you’ll get a voucher for the E3 GoW III demo. This is the same demo that was playable at this year’s E3, and you will be able to play it when you purchase Collection.

As you may recall, GoW Collection is a Blu-ray copy of the remastered versions of hit PlayStation 2 games God of War and God of War II. Both games will be in high-def, running at 60 frames per second, and it will feature Trophy support. The game will be available sometime in November.

We won’t be surprised if many people buy this game just for the God of War III demo, but the Blu-ray version of the first two games sounds incredible.

According to the PlayStation Blog, we should see a video of gameplay for GoW Collection soon.

GoW Collection to include God of War III demo

Fans of the God of War series have an even better reason to pick up the upcoming God of War Collection – you’ll get a voucher for the E3 GoW III demo. This is the same demo that was playable at this year’s E3, and you will be able to play it when you purchase Collection.

As you may recall, GoW Collection is a Blu-ray copy of the remastered versions of hit PlayStation 2 games God of War and God of War II. Both games will be in high-def, running at 60 frames per second, and it will feature Trophy support. The game will be available sometime in November.

We won’t be surprised if many people buy this game just for the God of War III demo, but the Blu-ray version of the first two games sounds incredible.

According to the PlayStation Blog, we should see a video of gameplay for GoW Collection soon.

I seen this earlier. i usually dont double dip, but the trophies and the demo make it a no brainer.....not to mention the AA facelift

Last edited:
:eek: Oh yeah, i forgot about that! didnt you have to put in a code while the game was loading up or something like that?

Yeah, there's this key configuration that you must do after the Sony logo appears and you hear a small sound (If done right) and it's done the game will display in it's high res version.

Edit: Here's the trick press and hold L1, L2, L3, Square and Circle as you boot up the game

Last edited:
crazy stuff Horhay.

Yeah this is a day 1 purchase for me ... I have played no GOW except the psp.

Rumor: God of War: Collection Has Been Delayed
While rummaging through GameStop’s website and looking ahead for what was coming for us in 2010, we stumbled upon a little surprise that might just upset a couple of God of War fans. Well, at least those who were expecting God of War: Collection next month, that is.

As per GameStop, God of War: Collection will be shipping on March 6, 2010. Why the sudden push? We have no clue, but bet your butt we will be contacting folks left and right to get some answers and to confirm on this sudden stealthy delay.

For those of you who aren’t aware, God of War: Collection is the remastered version of both God of War and God of War II for the PlayStation 2. When I say “remastered,” I mean 720p resolution (HD, for the not so intelligent folk), high-res textures, and all that nifty stuff that will make the game look sweet on your HD set. What better way to re-experience - or experience for the first time, if you’ve never played the series - than going through it with pleasing high-def visuals. If you thought the originals looked good, get ready to have your eyes orgasm for the first time.

I know how you guys are feeling, believe me. The Collection was so close and, just like that, it’s gone - the remastered HD edition of the original PlayStation 2 series, gone… Well, at least it’s only a couple of months away– Never mind. That’s not even a good thing.

Source