Gods of Egypt - in theaters February 26, 2016

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Gods of Egypt (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Alex Proyas[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Gerard Butler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nikolaj Coster-Waldau[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brenton Thwaites[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Rush[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elodie Yung[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Courtney Eaton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chadwick Boseman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rufus Sewell[/ACTOR]

Plot: Set, the merciless god of darkness, has taken over the throne of Egypt and plunged the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. Few dare to rebel against him. A young thief, whose love was taken captive by the god, seeks to dethrone and defeat Set with the aid of the powerful god Horus.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Title : Gods of Egypt - February 12, 2016
Tagline : tba
Genre : Fantasy, adventure

Director : Alex Proyas
Cast : Gerard Butler, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Geoffrey Rush, Bryan Brown ...
Release : February 12, 2016
Runtime : tba
Budged : $140 000 000
Plot : Set, the merciless god of darkness, has taken over the throne of Egypt and plunged the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. Few dare to rebel against him. A young thief, whose love was taken captive by the god, seeks to dethrone and defeat Set with the aid of the powerful god Horus

summit-image-1.jpg
Wow. Love Egypt themed movies. ;-)

Reactions: nefilim
The next Alex Proyas masterpiece? After DARK CITY he has just been slumming. It seems like this is the first film that is his baby, back to front, since DARK CITY- so fingers crossed!!!:thumbs:

Reactions: nefilim
I hope this is
THE CROW / DARK CITY Alex Proyas...
NOT
iROBOT / KNOWING Alex Proyas.

Lol
Judging by those posters id say i robot Alex proyas lol

Just by the look of those posters you know it's going to be bad

Edit.
Lol just realised its the same person. For some reason you made me think there were two lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
Lol
Judging by those posters id say i robot Alex proyas lol

Just by the look of those posters you know it's going to be bad

Edit.
Lol just realised its the same person. For some reason you made me think there were two lol
Yup! Same guy. Can he UN- sellout?
But, yeah- those one sheets don't bode well...BUT- this is his first film since DARK CITY that is a labour of love that is his baby (where he is not a hired gun). Hopefully, maybe they just hired a bad poster guy...hopefully.

Reactions: Flloydo
Trailer is here...
My gosh... this... looks... BBBBBBAAAAAADDDDD!!!!

Butler is truly a GOD in 300...
Coster-Waldau is truly fascinating in GOT
but why in the name of *** did they agree to do such a disastrous movie????

And seriously, isn't this exactly The Mountain and the Viper all over again????

Reactions: bonakaze
Hmm... I'm going to hold on to hope. I love Alex Proyas. He's a visionary when he's not on a studio's leash. Since this is a passion of love for him, I'm just hoping this is a case where the studio cut together a trailer that's not all that great. The CGI is very video-gamey at this point, but it's still a few months off, so it should look better before release. I'm a fan of both Butler and Coster-Waldau, too, so that helps. With that said, it's rather weird that the Egyptian gods in this film are white British dudes and not... well... Egyptian. At least with Exodus, Ridley Scott gave Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton a tan before shooting.

This looks absolutely shocking lol like really terrible!
the audio even sounds like they filmed it in a studio. No background noise at all.