Hero Complex Gallery "Godzilla" by Patrick Connan

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
I'm SO pumped! Blurppy ran a Godzilla Poster Posse a month or so ago and their absolute best print -- Godzilla by Patrick Connan -- has been picked up by Hero Complex Gallery to become a timed print. It'll go on sale sometime today and will end on May 12th! The best part: all three prints -- the regular and the two variants -- will be available! Here's the official release from Blurrpy... :scat:

godzilla_detail_7.jpg

REGULAR - $50
BLUE VARIANT - $50
ORANGE VARIANT - $50
THREE-PACK W/ MATCHING NUMBERS - $130

Here at Blurppy we have an insanely talented group of artists known as the Poster Posse. This diverse group of individuals comes from all over the world and what they do is nothing short of amazing. We create art based on movies that we haven’t even seen yet. In fact, we do them so far in advance that we have very little if ANY reference material. The end result has been an amazing run of eight projects that have left fans wanting more.

Well today I am VERY pleased to announce that the fans will be able to get a print that was one of the most requested from our seventh project….”Godzilla.” French artist Patrick Connan almost didn’t submit this image as he was up to his eyeballs in a million different projects just before the deadline. At the zero hour he hunkered down and came up with a magnificent, powerful image of everyone’s favorite kaiju. Not only that but he also incorporated 3 significant colorways for the print!

Patrick is partnering with HERO COMPLEX GALLERY to release the print and we have nothing but good news on this one. First….it’s going to be a timed release. If you want it, you can ABSOLUTELY get it. Second…. all three colors that were featured in the Poster Posse Project will be part of this run. Third…if you order the set of three you will receive a $20 discount AND the set will have matching numbers. (Get in line because I am getting #1!)

These stunning prints go onsale today, Monday May 5th and runs through May 12th.

godzilla_screenprint_regular.jpg

Godzilla – Patrick Connan

Regular Edition

3 color screenprint by D&L screenprinting

24″ X 36″

$50

godzilla_screenprint_blue-rage-variant.jpg

Blue Rage Variant

24″ X 36″

$50

godzilla_screenprint_orange-blast-variant.jpg

Orange Blast Variant

24″ X 36″

$50

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a link to where you can buy these!? or is it not live yet?

real question is... what color to get!? gotta go Godzilla Green right? but the Blue looks pretty awesome. The Orange you get more of the destruction feel... Don't think I can justify all 3.

Is there a link to where you can buy these!? or is it not live yet?

real question is... what color to get!? gotta go Godzilla Green right? but the Blue looks pretty awesome. The Orange you get more of the destruction feel... Don't think I can justify all 3.

It's not live yet. It'll be going up sometime today at Hero Complex Gallery. I'm just following their Twitter feed right now for updates.

I can't figure out which colour to get, either. I can't afford all three, whether there's a $20 discount or not.

It's a tough decision between green and blue at the moment. :ohno:

It's not live yet. It'll be going up sometime today at Hero Complex Gallery. I'm just following their Twitter feed right now for updates.

I can't figure out which colour to get, either. I can't afford all three, whether there's a $20 discount or not.

It's a tough decision between green and blue at the moment. :ohno:

OK awesome. Thanks, I'll look up their twitter.

Love this poster so much. I have to get it. Glad its a timed release instead of a limited number. I never seem to be able to get those.

I know what you mean, Green is the classic... but that Blue poster just Pops. Coin toss?

OK awesome. Thanks, I'll look up their twitter.

Love this poster so much. I have to get it. Glad its a timed release instead of a limited number. I never seem to be able to get those.

I know what you mean, Green is the classic... but that Blue poster just Pops. Coin toss?

Deal. Let's go halfers on the three-pack, flip a coin to see who gets green and who gets blue and then we'll rip the orange in half and split it. :hilarious:

I'm also happy this is a timed release. I had the limited ones. A number doesn't matter to me; I want the art. It's nice to know that I'll be able to get one of these without pulling out my hair.

Deal. Let's go halfers on the three-pack, flip a coin to see who gets green and who gets blue and then we'll rip the orange in half and split it. :hilarious:

Haha!!! or maybe we can just share the orange one? ship it back and forth across Canada. 6 months out of the year you get it. the other 6 months I do. :hilarious:

But it actually wouldn't be a bad idea if we lived closer together and maybe had a 3rd party who liked the orange one. Everyone would save a little money.

oh well.
Still don't know what color to get... maybe I'll let the wife decide.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Link is up!

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
I ended up going with the green one. I already have a 24"x36" Pacific Rim print with a blue hue and I have a Jurassic Park one with a beige/orangey hue, so I though green would be best to offset Godzilla from the others. :D

I wish it came in Red though, but I'll be happy with the Green!

After you said that I was curious what red would look like. So I did a quick mock up for ya:

godzilla_screenprint_red.jpg

Not bad. I'm happy with what they chose but Red might have been better then Orange. Would have made the decision of buying all 3 harder for me i think haha

:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine Came this Morning!!! Any body else get their's yet?

Its so beautiful!!! i got #22/35 (Blue)

Can't wait to get this on my wall!

Reactions: tridon