Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Godzilla: King of Monsters

Tagline: God help us all.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Michael Dougherty

Cast: Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Millie Bobby Brown, Bradley Whitford, Charles Dance, Zhang Ziyi, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Thomas Middleditch, Aisha Hinds, Anthony Ramos, Randall P. Havens, Jonathan Howard, Elizabeth Ludlow, Van Marten, Lyle Brocato

Release: 2019-03-20

Plot: The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Attachments

• godzilla.png
    godzilla.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,717
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
Comic-Con: Let Them Fight! Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah to Appear in Godzilla Sequel! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121103

Just announced in a new teaser at their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures have confirmed that the previously-announced sequel to Godzilla will once again be directed by Gareth Edwards and feature three classic monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah! Our own Ed Douglas described the teaser as follows:

"They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag: "There is still one secret that remains hidden," "There are others." And then we see a shadow of what's clearly Rodan with the words "Codename: Rodan." Then they show the old Mothra with the title "Codename: Mothra," and lastly.... "Codename: Ghidorah! Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent." Followed by the words "LET THEM FIGHT"

Edwards also confirmed that he won't return to direct the sequel until after his already-announced Star Wars spin-off film. No official release date has been set for the film.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla 2 (2019)

Tagline: God help us all.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gareth Edwards[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Plot: When a new threat surfaces, the King of the Monsters is forced to return yet again to restore balance.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
day9mknNW1EiyujGKOPdm4UptzN.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

View attachment 87583

Back in May:

Legendary Confirms Gareth Edwards Still Attached to Godzilla Sequel!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118693
The big news of the day is that Godzilla helmer Gareth Edwards will be directing a mystery Star Wars film for release on December 16, 2016. What does that mean, though, for another big screen adventure with the King of Monsters? ComingSoon.net's ShockTillYouDrop.com has an update straight from Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull.

“Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors,” says Tull. “The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another 'Godzilla,' but who knew it would be a 'Star Wars' installment? We have a great plan in store for 'Godzilla' fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareth’s imprint on the 'Star Wars' universe.”

The Hollywood Reporter goes on to say that Edwards is attached not only to a Godzilla sequel, but for a full Godzilla trilogy.

:cool:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spinoff-hires-godzilla-706636
The Star Wars project marks an amazing career trajectory for Edwards, who went from making a small creature feature for $500,000, 2010’s Monsters, to getting the assignment to take on Godzilla, a monster in need of a 21st century rehabilitation.

The mission was a success, with the Legendary/Warner Bros. movie overperforming when it opened last weekend, grossing $93.1 million. The movie also received strong critical reviews and plenty of fanboy love.

"Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors,” said Legendary Entertainment’s chairman and CEO Thomas Tull in a statement in response to the Star Wars hire. "The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another Godzilla, but who knew it would a Star Wars installment? We have a great plan in store for Godzilla fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareth’s imprint on the Star Wars universe."

WME-repped Edwards is attached to direct Godzilla 2 and 3, but while story ideas exist, the Godzilla 2 project is still in early development and does not even have a script.

AWESOME! :thumbs: But I bet we wont see the sequel until 2018! The earliest? :(

Last edited:
'Godzilla 2' Will Bring More Classic Kaiju Monsters: Mothra, Ghidora, Rodan

godzilla.jpg

"Now we have more monsters to play with," said Legendary Pictures honcho Thomas Tull — and when Godzilla 2 hits, you better believe we'll see them fight!

Legendary held its Hall H panel Saturday at Comic-Con, and though Godzilla director Gareth Edwards couldn't be there (he's off working on some other little movie for the time being), he recorded a video message teasing the fact that more kaiju are coming to his eventual sequel.

Edwards named the monsters, but they were bleeped out in classic Comic-Con tease style, and it seemed as though we'd have to wait on confirmation. But then Tull rolled a sizzle reel that made it clear: Mothra, Ghidora and Rodan are in play for Godzilla 2, whenever it finally comes.

"Toho has been very good to us," Tull said, referring to the Japanese film company that created Godzilla in the '50s and still holds the rights.
- mashable.com

Comic-Con 2014: Let Them Fight! Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah to Appear in Godzilla Sequel! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121103

Just announced in a new teaser at their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures have confirmed that the previously-announced sequel to Godzilla will once again be directed by Gareth Edwards and feature three classic monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah! Our own Ed Douglas described the teaser as follows:

"They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag: "There is still one secret that remains hidden," "There are others." And then we see a shadow of what's clearly Rodan with the words "Codename: Rodan." Then they show the old Mothra with the title "Codename: Mothra," and lastly.... "Codename: Ghidorah! Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent." Followed by the words "LET THEM FIGHT"

Edwards also confirmed that he won't return to direct the sequel until after his already-announced Star Wars spin-off film. No official release date has been set for the film.

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!!
:notworthy: :cool:

Dude... take this into consideration for a moment: Legendary is now behind Godzilla, Pacific Rim, King Kong AND Jurassic World. Could you imagine if any of them existed in the same universe?! :wow:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Dude... take this into consideration for a moment: Legendary is now behind Godzilla, Pacific Rim, King Kong AND Jurassic World. Could you imagine if any of them existed in the same universe?! :wow:
@tridon MIND... FU**ING... BLOWN!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :wow: I would love to see a Pacific Rim and Godzilla Crossover!!! Now KING KONG!? WOW!!! My head hurts!!! :wacky:

Legendary is... LEGENDARY!!! :thumbs: :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
Damn you Disney for taking the good Directors over to do Star wars films and delaying the movies they should be making.First it was JJ and now Gareth.i want my sequels earlier than 4 years later.

They will introduce Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah on the next film. I have a feeling they're just setting us up for few spin-offs.

They will introduce Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah on the next film. I have a feeling they're just setting us up for few spin-offs.
@PunkNinja I also have a feeling that the newly announced 'SKULL ISLAND' film will somehow introduce us to a King Kong vs Godzilla movie!!! :jawdrop: :cool: That would be fu**ing awesome!!!

Godzilla 2014 Sequel To Set Up 'Vs King Kong

godzilla-vs-king-kong.jpg

The Godzilla 2014 sequel could very well be a set up to the biggest Kaiju battle in history if the monsters Godzilla is fighting in Godzilla 2 aren't enough as Godzilla could fight King Kong once "Skull Island" is over.

A lot was revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 2014 and new details about the Godzilla 2014 sequel, creatively titled "Godzilla 2" have been revealed as well as the announcement of the King Kong prequel "Skull Island"

NME.com has reported all the new details from the Godzilla 2014 sequel aka Godzilla 2:

Godz were shown a teaser reel titled 'Classified Monarch Footage' which appeared as if put together in the '60s with a voiceover from then President John F Kennedy talking about the threats and dangers to humanity.

After informing us that there was one more secret, a message appears on screen: "There were others."

Across the shadow of pterodactyl appears the legend: "CODENAME: RODAN". Following this, an extreme close-up of a giant moth-like creature: "CODENAME MOTHRA". Finally a silhouette with flashed edit cuts around the figure of a dragon: "CODENAME: GHIDORAH".

The footage closes with the warning, "THREAT ASSESSMENT: CONFLICT INEVITABLE" before ending with, "LET THEM FIGHT".

As Legendary Entertainment company was closing out its panel at Comic-Con on July 26, the company's CEO Thomas Tull teased the crowd by saying one very exciting line!

"We have been tinkering around with one thing," Thomas said and at that point, the movie Skull Island was revealed and footage from the film began to play.

Mashable has released a description of the teaser:

"The teaser started with the camera panning over a roiling sea, leading to an island of dense jungle and obscured beasts. The shot tracked into a skull-shaped rock outcropping where something stirred - something big - and then rose, with the dark profile of a giant ape. He roared, he beat his chest, and the words 'Legendary's Skull Island' appeared," they report.

"Previous works have touched on the island, but staying and exploring this mysterious and dangerous place offers Legendary the opportunity to take audiences deeper inside this rich world with a style and scope that parallels other Legendary productions. The film will be released on November 4, 2016,"

With Legendary Pictures helming the Godzilla 2 and Skull Island movies, it seems that it is a possibility that King Kong vs Godzilla would happen and if Thomal Tull's comments after Comic Con 2014 was any indication, it may happen.
- kdramastars.com

'Godzilla' sequel already in development

Warner Bros begin work on second film following box office success

A sequel to the new Godzilla movie is in development, it has been confirmed.

The movie, directed by Welshman Gareth Edwards and starring Bryan Cranston (above), made over $103m (£61m) on its opening weekend and landed at Number One in a number of international markets. Deadline reports that studio Warner Bros have already greenlit a second film.

Discussing a potential sequel in 2013, director Edwards told Screenrant that he would be inspired by 1968 movie, Destroy All Monsters: "With the exception of the 1954 original, I would say my second favorite film is Destroy All Monsters," he said.

"I just love the idea of a monster island. Having a world with these creatures in it. I find that fascinating and would like to treat that realistically. I wouldn’t want to limit it to one other foe, I think it’s more fun to – this question will come back to haunt me if we ever do a sequel – but I think multiple creatures make better movies in terms of the image of Gojira."

Godzilla features Kick Ass actor Aaron Johnson, Oscar winner Juliette Binoche and Elizabeth Olsen from Martha Marcy May Marlene. It hit UK cinemas on May 15.

Godzilla began as an Japanese film franchise that ran for 28 pictures between 1954 and 2004. The giant monster has also starred in comic books, novels, TV series and video games. Independence Day director Roland Emmerich helmed a previous Hollywood remake in 1998, but it was poorly received.
- nme.com

Last edited:
King Kong will under go steroid use to bulk himself for the fight then.

TBH hasn't GDT already said he would love to do a Pacific Rim v Godzilla film or something.

Guess the environment would play a key part in the fight if Kong can use his agility, speed and "Superior intelligence" in a an area that would be a disadvantage to Godzilla sheer monstrous size.

Pacific Rim v Godzilla film could work well in terms of story line.

Maybe since the Godzilla first appearance they made the initial plans for the Jaeger program, and it took all this time to fix the complications of mind melting, because I don't buy the idea it only took a relatively short time to figure that stuff out, and it took a obviously worldwide threat of the Kaiju aliens for the whole world to get behind it in terms of money.

It could work imo.

Mind you I am freaked out at the potential size of Biollante considering he is meant to be bigger than Godzilla that would be amazing.

Maybe
Godzilla
Skull Island
Godzilla 2 (Godzilla goes to town on other monsters)
Kong (Kong is discovered by the modern world Gets captured and taken to the only know place with the facilities to keep him a modified miltary based now government owned Jurrassic Park)
King Kong v Godzilla (the original clash of the titans humans back Kong and with Kong and the heavily invested military weapons since Godzilla 2 they believe they have beaten Zilla and recapture Kong who is heavily wounded)
Kong 2 (Kong falls for one of the researchers looking after him and whilst on a public campaign to raise money and support for a new monster protection force but escapes etc gets killed believed all known monsters are gone)
Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim 2 (The Jaeger program gets another big boost of funds to help it against another alien attack)
Godzilla v Biollante (the ultimate Monster showdown)
Jaeger v Godzilla (Humans finally try to rid the Monster that is Godzilla themselves using the much improved Jaeger program)
Finally the earth nukes itself into oblivion and then comes...............................................................................................................................................................

Charlton Hestons Planet of the Apes.

tumblr_inline_n8iv9mDLUa1qafrh6.gif

Or maybe the Piower Rangers vs Godzilla ;)

A another cool linkage would be the dinosaurs on Skull island and Jurassic World some how.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database