Godzilla: King of the Monsters (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99

58D665AB-E6EC-46C0-91DE-8D54BDC7F26F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also heard from a certain premium edition retailer yesterday that they plan to use my concept for a lenti, which is super cool! :)
You need to try and push this more in all areas and get your designs in their faces. Do you have a degree in design or similar qualification etc or industry experience? It's getting ridiculous what gets churned out in comparison to what you knock up and show us here on a whim.

Your Godzilla concept has premium steelbook design written all over it. Just the other day we all see an IM2 steelbook with a clone of clouds on it, and again you come along and do your own concept that is once again WEA, not just WWA, worthy.

Realistically it would be win win either way with your designs because a) You greatly improve WWAs to WEA standard and b) Yours are on par, if not sometimes better, than WEAs anyway.

It's painful to see these designs coming out that are the current standard and then seeing yours that aren't available.

You need to try and push this more in all areas and get your designs in their faces. Do you have a degree in design or similar qualification etc or industry experience? It's getting ridiculous what gets churned out in comparison to what you knock up and show us here on a whim.

Your Godzilla concept has premium steelbook design written all over it. Just the other day we all see an IM2 steelbook with a clone of clouds on it, and again you come along and do your own concept that is once again WEA, not just WWA, worthy.

Realistically it would be win win either way with your designs because a) You greatly improve WWAs to WEA standard and b) Yours are on par, if not sometimes better, than WEAs anyway.

It's painful to see these designs coming out that are the current standard and then seeing yours that aren't available.
I would, but I'm not really the sort of person to nag people about such things, especially ones I don't know... it took me long enough to even pluck up the courage to start tagging them in my social media posts. :p

I have no qualifications in design whatsoever... I'm completely self-taught, and I'm sure the pros out there can tell lol. I wish I had gone to college/uni after leaving school though... it's one of my biggest regrets.

Very kind of you to say anyway mate, I genuinely appreciate every single word! I pretty much just make them for fun though (and to distract my brain from other things), but obviously I wouldn't turn down an offer to make them officially. :D

One of my proudest moments has been designing the Wind River slip for FilmArena. And although it's never seen the light of the day, I'm extremely grateful that they also allowed me to design a whole package for The Thing. I'd love to work with them again, so much so that I even had a dream once that they allowed me to start my own brand of releases (à la Black Barons). :LOL:

I know the concepts I come up with probably aren't to everyone's taste, but the amount of positive feedback I receive always amazes me... I mean, most of the time I'm basically just slapping posters on a template lol. Then again, if it were that easy, you'd think the guys in charge would put out steels we actually like! But, still... I'm extremely thankful for all the nice comments people often leave, and it makes me happy knowing others like seeing something that I enjoy making. :)

I would, but I'm not really the sort of person to nag people about such things, especially ones I don't know... it took me long enough to even pluck up the courage to start tagging them in my social media posts. :p

I have no qualifications in design whatsoever... I'm completely self-taught, and I'm sure the pros out there can tell lol. I wish I had gone to college/uni after leaving school though... it's one of my biggest regrets.

Very kind of you to say anyway mate, I genuinely appreciate every single word! I pretty much just make them for fun though (and to distract my brain from other things), but obviously I wouldn't turn down an offer to make them officially. :D

One of my proudest moments has been designing the Wind River slip for FilmArena. And although it's never seen the light of the day, I'm extremely grateful that they also allowed me to design a whole package for The Thing. I'd love to work with them again, so much so that I even had a dream once that they allowed me to start my own brand of releases (à la Black Barons). :LOL:

I know the concepts I come up with probably aren't to everyone's taste, but the amount of positive feedback I receive always amazes me... I mean, most of the time I'm basically just slapping posters on a template lol. Then again, if it were that easy, you'd think the guys in charge would put out steels we actually like! But, still... I'm extremely thankful for all the nice comments people often leave, and it makes me happy knowing others like seeing something that I enjoy making. :)
keep on it at, @Noodles. :thumbs: :) :notworthy:

I'm extremely grateful that they also allowed me to design a whole package for The Thing.

Hold on, we can talk about this now?

Subtlety sneaked that sentnace in :whistle:

Also I agree that manta doing this would be cool. And kong skull island, which I’ve asked them a few times lol

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Hold on, we can talk about this now?

Subtlety sneaked that sentnace in :whistle:

Also I agree that manta doing this would be cool. And kong skull island, which I’ve asked them a few times lol
I mentioned it a while ago in another thread. Not sure if I was allowed to, but oh well... it's been years since I last heard anything, and I can only keep my lips sealed for so long -- I need to eat sometime lol.

Plus I'm no longer hopeful it'll ever actually see the light of day anyway. :(

I mentioned it a while ago in another thread. Not sure if I was allowed to, but oh well... it's been years since I last heard anything, and I can only keep my lips sealed for so long -- I need to eat sometime lol.

Plus I'm no longer hopeful it'll ever actually see the light of day anyway. :(

Oh really? I never knew that. Might of been in a fac thread which I rarely check.

I was privileged to see the designs all them years ago lol.

Would be the only fac going forward I’d go for too

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles