Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Rebecca Hall, Millie Bobby Brown, Eiza González, Kyle Chandler

Release: 2021-03-26

Plot: Godzilla meets King Kong.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Adam Wingard[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2020-05-22[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Godzilla meets King Kong.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
cNKIpaOOXWdijlVDbSoHRl4JIIA.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
It's official

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45701

Not sure if it's Godzilla vs. Kong or Godzilla vs. King Kong but it can always be changed

Here’s the full press release announcing Godzilla vs. King Kong.

Following Legendary’s and Warner Bros. Pictures’ 2014 success with the global reinvention of the Godzilla franchise, the companies have come together to create an epic, new shared cinematic franchise. All-powerful monsters become towering heroes for a new generation, revealing a mythology that brings together Godzilla and Legendary’s King Kong in an ecosystem of other giant super-species, both classic and new. Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will expand their mission across multiple releases.

The announcement that the reinvention of monsters continues was made today by Legendary CEO, Thomas Tull, and Kevin Tsujihara, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros. The initial trio of films are 2017’s KONG: SKULL ISLAND; GODZILLA 2 in 2018; and then GODZILLA VS. KONG, arriving in theaters in 2020. While Legendary maintains its new home at Universal Pictures, the GODZILLA films remain in partnership with Warner Bros., who will now also distribute KONG as a part of this franchise. Production on KONG: SKULL ISLAND begins October 19th.

Warner Bros. and Legendary released Godzilla in May 2014 with an agreement to release Godzilla 2 on June 8, 2018. Both films feature the human Monarch organization. Shortly following Legendary’s pact with NBC Universal, Legendary acquired rights to additional classic characters from Toho’s Godzilla universe, including Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. This paved the way for developing a franchise centered around Monarch and anchored by Godzilla, King Kong, and other famous creatures.

When Legendary announced films centered on Godzilla and Kong, fans all over the world speculated these two characters might one day meet in the same film. Classic Toho monsters including King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan, as announced at Comic-Con 2014, may also join the Legendary pantheon of giant monster mayhem going forward.

“Audiences really responded to Godzilla,” stated Tull. “Today, I’m excited to reveal that film was only the beginning of an epic new entertainment universe. As a lifelong fan of these characters, I’ve always wanted to see the ultimate showdown, and today we’re pleased to be announcing that and more.”

“Working with our partners at Legendary, we enjoyed tremendous creative and commercial success with `Godzilla,’" said Tsujihara. “It’s great to be able to revisit these characters and help create a franchise with so many creative possibilities for filmmakers. Fans love these big, globally iconic films and it doesn’t get any bigger than this.”

I'm on the fence with this... which weird considering how I love both Godzilla and King Kong. Kong is gonna have to be MASSIVE for this to work. And I'm really hating on this for pushing back Pacific Rim 2. I'm sure it's gonna be EPIC, but like you said, Franky, Godzilla with Pacific Rim would've been better.

I'm on the fence with this... which weird considering how I love both Godzilla and King Kong. Kong is gonna have to be MASSIVE for this to work. And I'm really hating on this for pushing back Pacific Rim 2. I'm sure it's gonna be EPIC, but like you said, Franky, Godzilla with Pacific Rim would've been better.
@tridon Yup! :thumbs:

I also have mixed feelings! :confused: I'm happy about this, F**K YEAH I am :woot: but I'm fu**ing pissed off about PR2 getting delayed or possibly cancelled because of it :mad:

This would of been a more kick ass fight! :box: :cool: Too bad it'll never happen :( Oh well...
AWESOME!.JPG

But I know we'll be there waiting in line to see this on day 1! :notworthy: And own every Blu-ray Edition/Poster/Action Figures/ and other crazy cool sh*t! :drool: :D

Reactions: tridon
So Monarch are basically Shield then?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited because I've been watching Toho Godzilla since I was five years old but a 'cinematic universe' based on this lot?

Reactions: tridon
Hope they do not spoil this with LAME humans .

IF this is a massive success Pacific Rim 2 WILL HAPPEN .

IF it bombs I fear what it will mean for big budget monster movies in the future .

A teaming of creative GENIOUSES WE KNOW dose work is Del Turo and Jackson hope these two GIANTS of cinema are on board with this .

Heard something about this yesterday, but thought it was just a rumour... great to see they're going ahead with it! The height thing shouldn't be a problem... I'm sure they'll make Kong the biggest he's even been, but even if he's still a lot smaller than Godzilla, he'll still no doubt kick ass! I imagine it being like the Yoda vs Dooku battle. :rofl:

tumblr_n2ptm9AxDH1rawb5do1_400.gif

Oh wow. One of your wishes are finally coming true @bloodsnake007!!!
This will be beyond epic. I will be rooting for the King of course :cool::D
@AlienKing HELL YEAH! :woot: I just wish Gipsy Danger from Pacific Rim was included in his EPIC Fight! :thumbs:
Heard something about this yesterday, but thought it was just a rumour... great to see they're going ahead with it! The height thing shouldn't be a problem... I'm sure they'll make Kong the biggest he's even been, but even if he's still a lot smaller than Godzilla, he'll still no doubt kick ass! I imagine it being like the Yoda vs Dooku battle. :rofl:

@Noodles Or Kenzilla (@tridon) vs Frankong! :woot:
KvsF.jpg

:D Thanks again @PunkNinja for the awesome wallpaper! :photo: :hilarious:

:LOL:

Now that you mention that, it could work. Make Kong smaller and quicker and he'll be jumping all over Godzilla.

Legendary should've just brought cameras to MondoCon. We could've gave them their movie for free! :p

I'm sure they'll make Kong the biggest he's even been, but even if he's still a lot smaller than Godzilla, he'll still no doubt kick ass! I imagine it being like the Yoda vs Dooku battle. :rofl:
I don't know about that but take away Godzilla's height G's atomic breath and tail whip are pretty good advantage.

godzilla-final-battle.jpg

tumblr_inline_n5rb00rlTg1sg7h3s.png

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database