Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Rebecca Hall, Millie Bobby Brown, Eiza González, Kyle Chandler

Release: 2021-03-26

Plot: Godzilla meets King Kong.

That's why we are giving you more than a year advance notice. You need to out do your previous collection. Go big or go home!

In the wise words of #TheLaw.....thanks Dory Senior :rofl::spoil:
In the WISER words of Nacho Libre, "High Five!" :woot: :p

tumblr_n1xzovpe041s2wio8o1_500.gif

I had no idea that on top of writing/directing King of the Monsters, Michael Dougherty was also writing Godzilla vs. Kong. That excites me SO much! :D

From CBR:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters director Michael Dougherty knows what makes his monster distinct from King Kong.

In an interview for the June issue of SFX, Dougherty said, "We expect those very unique, and even warm, bonding moments between Kong and human beings. That goes back to the 1933 film, where he was never strictly a monster; there was always a very human side to him in the ways that he interacts with us. That was a joy to write."

"With Godzilla, that's not expected," he continued. "That's not to say that you can't do it, but any kind of bond between Godzilla and humans has usually been more implied. So you rarely get to see Godzilla's softer side. Whereas with Kong, it's an essential part of the character. If you ever made a Kong film, where you didn't get to see the softer side of the character, it would fall short."

The world's two most iconic kaiju are set to face off in next year's Godzilla vs. Kong, which is a sequel to King of the Monsters and Kong: Skull Island.

Also, new poster!

MV5BNDA4MTQ1NWQtYmEzYi00ZDE0LThiZTctZGIwNDBiYjVlODg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg1MTc3MTM@._V1_.jpg

@bloodsnake007

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I'm on the fence with this... which weird considering how I love both Godzilla and King Kong. Kong is gonna have to be MASSIVE for this to work. And I'm really hating on this for pushing back Pacific Rim 2. I'm sure it's gonna be EPIC, but like you said, Franky, Godzilla with Pacific Rim would've been better.
I have zero interest in this crossover project. Kong has no business being in a Godzilla movie.

NOOOOO!!!! :dunno:(n)

----

Godzilla Vs Kong has been pushed back. The film, originally set to release on March 13, will now come out a full 8 months later on November 11. It will open a week after the Marvel Studios MCU entry The Eternals, and that may be not the smartest move. Godzilla: King of the Monsters released this past May to less than stellar box office. Godzilla Vs Kong is directed by Adam Wingard. This was not out of the blue, as Warner Bros. Chairman Toby Emmrich hinted that the date might see a delay a little while ago:

“I think that ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ will deliver for fans in a way they were looking for with ‘King of the Monsters,’” Emmerich said. “”But it might come out later in the year, so we can deliver an A+ movie.”

In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever.”

Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler, and Demián Bichir star in Godzilla Vs Kong, now releasing in theaters on November 11, 2020.

From Bleeding Cool

NOOOOO!!!! :dunno:(n)

----

Godzilla Vs Kong has been pushed back. The film, originally set to release on March 13, will now come out a full 8 months later on November 11. It will open a week after the Marvel Studios MCU entry The Eternals, and that may be not the smartest move. Godzilla: King of the Monsters released this past May to less than stellar box office. Godzilla Vs Kong is directed by Adam Wingard. This was not out of the blue, as Warner Bros. Chairman Toby Emmrich hinted that the date might see a delay a little while ago:

“I think that ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ will deliver for fans in a way they were looking for with ‘King of the Monsters,’” Emmerich said. “”But it might come out later in the year, so we can deliver an A+ movie.”

In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages. As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever.”

Alexander Skarsgard, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Jessica Henwick, Julian Dennison, Kyle Chandler, and Demián Bichir star in Godzilla Vs Kong, now releasing in theaters on November 11, 2020.

From Bleeding Cool

@bloodsnake007 :(

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I actually am ok with this. It was too soon to have a sequel-gives a bit of time to really get pumped for the next installment.

Am I the only one thinking Godzlla got a bit smaller since the last two films? Not because of Kong, but because of standing on a aircraft carrier. I dont know, maybe its just this scene, but I always remembered Gojira being pretty big, especially in the 2014 version when swimming under the aircraft carrier.

Reactions: Noodles