Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Release date: 25th May 2015
Price: £16
Purchase link: Amazon
Includes 36 page photo book

image.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of this release until I came across a copy in CEX last week. Very nice set at a very nice price of £5 :D :thumbs:. Although it's a new release, it's an old title, hence the low price (I think).
View attachment 164361 View attachment 164363
Do you own any Steelbooks and if so:

- Does a Steelbook fit inside that slipcase?
- Does the photo book fit into a Steelbook case?

I'm considering creating a hybrid.

That's crazy! It only came out last week, who would have bought that and traded it into CEX so quicky!? CEX only pay £2 for it! Looking at their website I assume they're just treating it as the regular Blu-ray.

Reactions: Jobby

Looking at that Slipbox a Steelbook will fit inside but it's wider that a normal slipbox so there's room for the book . The book wouldn't fit into the Steel, it's too big.

Sorry for the late reply FDR92, I've been experimenting :). Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the Goodfellas steel so I've substituted The French Connection (another CEX bargain :D).

As Sigill mentioned above, the slipbox is slightly wider to accommodate the booklet and a steelbook will fit inside with the J-card or perhaps a protective slip. However, if you include the booklet it is a very snug fit as the steel is slightly wider than the amaray by 1 or 2mm. This may cause rubbing on the steel as it is not easy to remove.

Also the booklet will not fit inside the steel or the amaray as again, it is slightly bigger (hence the slipbox :)). The slipbox is the type with a fold at the end by the way.

I've taken a couple of photos and hope this is of help :thumbs:.

I think the price was low because it's an older title and the CEX system doesn't always seem to differentiate between standard releases and special editions. (My copy of the French Connection was also £5.) Unfortunately it isn't a 'mint' copy as there are one or two surface marks on the discs and the slipbox has some minor damage but I'm very pleased with it in spite of this.

IMG_0752.JPG IMG_0748.JPG IMG_0749.JPG

Reactions: Sigill and spass
Despite the great price I just ordered the US version of this because it doesn't have that blue banner and rating logos. Is the back printed on this @lenticularis

I already have Once Upon A Time In America in the same type of packaging and they will go great together imo.

Despite the great price I just ordered the US version of this because it doesn't have that blue banner and rating logos. Is the back printed on this @lenticularis

I already have Once Upon A Time In America in the same type of packaging and they will go great together imo.
Yes, spass, the back is printed (there is a pic in my post #2 above). I'm not fond of the blue banner either, but for the price I don't mind :).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass