Greetings from New York City!

BluMan Chu

Premium Supporter
Nov 21, 2014
Hello. My name is BluMan Chu and I'm addicted to movies. And steelbooks. And, Oh, you get the picture :)

Greeting fellow movie addicts. I joined because I love this stuff, man. And because this is an awesome place to talk about them. I eat, sleep and dream about movies 24/7. No, not really but sometimes it feels that way. I'm not just a collector, I actually watch this stuff too lol. But collecting is so much fun and now is a great time to be into this hobby because there's so much happening, so many exclusive steelbooks and great mediabooks from Germany, and so on. Some people say it's the movie that counts and to heck with packaging and to those people I say, well, this is a family-friendly forum so I'll contain myself. Anyway, happy to be a part of this community.

Reactions: vurt
Hello @BluMan Chu! :thumbs:

welcome2.gif
to the one and only, HDN!
ninjastanding.png

So... you're addicted to movies and steelbooks? You've come to the right place! Enjoy your time with us buddy! :cool: :woot:

Reactions: BluMan Chu
Thanks bloodsnake007! Right now I'm itching to go to my Best Buy and pick up my 6 Pop Art steels. Decided to do in-store pickup instead of trying my luck at the shelves. They probably won't sell out fast but there's always the risk of someone grabbing multiples. Nothing else matters right now :LOL:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Thanks bloodsnake007! Right now I'm itching to go to my Best Buy and pick up my 6 Pop Art steels. Decided to do in-store pickup instead of trying my luck at the shelves. They probably won't sell out fast but there's always the risk of someone grabbing multiples. Nothing else matters right now :LOL:
@BluMan Chu LMFAO!!! :hilarious: Oh yeah... you're definitely gonna fit in with all these crazy OCD collecting bastards! :woot: :wacky: HDN is an EPIC place, but beware... this place will consume your savings and especially your sanity! :naughty: :p

Have fun picking up ALL those awesome steels ;) In-store pick up is the BEST option! :thumbs: Be sure to post them here: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/pics-of-your-last-steelbook™-acquired.3941/

I'm visiting Manhattan next March, woohoo!
How many Best Buy stores are there and which is the one where I can pick up the most steels?
Thanks [emoji106]

There are at least 6 Best Buys, most (or all) are in the Midtown area. I've been to at least 4 of those and they all seemed to be about the same size. The Union Square outlet has a larger dedicated steelbook shelf. Last time I was there, about 2 weeks ago, it looked pretty messy and bare, just a handful of titles were available. We really need a FutureShop type of place in the US

Reactions: bigwednesday0