Mondo Gremlins - OST by Jerry Goldsmith (colored vinyl)

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release: November 30, 2016
Purchase: Mondo (sold out)
Price: $35

Note:
2 LP, Pressed on 180 Gram Gizmo (Disc 1 - Brown and White Swirl) and Gremlin (Disc 2 - Green Swirl) Colored Vinyl, Artwork by Phantom City Creative, features "an ultraviolet-sensitive gatefold jacket that reveals hidden messages when exposed to daylight, the disc sleeves are water sensitive; additional artwork is revealed when exposed to a damp cloth. So at a certain time of day, either cute Gizmo or lethal Gizmo will appear by himself or accompanied by tiny, furry allies"

Gremlins_Front Cover_UV Light.jpg
40bcf1d2-3688-48dd-8819-6a2583ef9f6d.jpg

Don’t get this vinyl sleeve wet or expose it to bright light — or maybe you should.

EW is exclusively debuting Mondo’s new Gremlins soundtrack, which arrives in time for the holiday season. The two-LP set channels the 1984 horror comedy and is graced by a demonic mogwai, the titular creatures who are particular about their environments.

The set is just like the monsters: The artwork, by Phantom City Creative, features an ultraviolet-sensitive gatefold jacket that reveals hidden messages when exposed to daylight; the disc sleeves are water sensitive; additional artwork is revealed when exposed to a damp cloth. So at a certain time of day, either cute Gizmo or lethal Gizmo will appear by himself or accompanied by tiny, furry allies.

Obi Strip
gremlins_fc_obi.jpg

Gatefold
5a88ea7b-3539-42dd-a6e5-76547dfc082e.jpg

Dry
Gremlins_Sleeve 2 (Stripe)_Dry.jpg

Wet
Gremlins_Sleve 2 (Stripe)_Wet.jpg

Dry
Gremlins_Sleeve 1(Gizmo)_Dry.jpg

Wet
Gremlins_Sleeve 1(Gizmo)_Wet.jpg

Regular black vinyl release:

Release:
December 16, 2016
Purchase Link & Price:
Transmission Records 39.99 GBP
Norman Records 42.99 GBP
Juno Records 42.99 GBP
HHV.de 55,99 EUR
JPC.de 60,99 EUR

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the art is incredible and the daylight Idea is cool too but I don't like that water/damp cloth idea

Plus the art looks better minimalistic with just gizmo and the evil gremlin instead of getting it wet and making the sketches appear

I watched gremlins the other day after hearing they was doing this because I couldn't really remember the music and it's fantastic, never made an impression before but I would be well up for this plus it's a cool package. But like fight club I don't have the cash at the mo so maybe on the secondary market in the new year

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesday at NOON (CST).

Everyone knows the rules: Don't get 'em wet. Don't expose them to light. And above all else, don't feed them after Midnight. The only thing as iconic than the rules of Joe Dante's horror / holiday masterpiece Gremlins is Jerry Goldsmith's earworm score.

Bouncy, festive and frightful, Goldsmith is a master of genre blending - the soundtrack to Gremlins is not only essential for soundtrack collectors, but also for fans of the film. The complete expanded score available on vinyl for the first time.

To celebrate this incredible film, we pulled out all the stops. The 2XLP is housed in a UV sensitive gatefold jacket - when exposed to daylight, it reveals additional artwork. The disc sleeves are water sensitive as well - when exposed to a damp cloth, they reveal additional artwork (NOTE: Water and hot temperatures are as bad for vinyl as they are for Gremlins, so please be mindful when playing these records).

40bcf1d2-3688-48dd-8819-6a2583ef9f6d.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou
As always, all new releases go on sale on Wednesday at NOON (CST).

Everyone knows the rules: Don't get 'em wet. Don't expose them to light. And above all else, don't feed them after Midnight. The only thing as iconic than the rules of Joe Dante's horror / holiday masterpiece Gremlins is Jerry Goldsmith's earworm score.

Bouncy, festive and frightful, Goldsmith is a master of genre blending - the soundtrack to Gremlins is not only essential for soundtrack collectors, but also for fans of the film. The complete expanded score available on vinyl for the first time.

To celebrate this incredible film, we pulled out all the stops. The 2XLP is housed in a UV sensitive gatefold jacket - when exposed to daylight, it reveals additional artwork. The disc sleeves are water sensitive as well - when exposed to a damp cloth, they reveal additional artwork (NOTE: Water and hot temperatures are as bad for vinyl as they are for Gremlins, so please be mindful when playing these records).

View attachment 278835
Awesome looking discs ! :woot: Will probably wait a few weeks or a repress to get them, but they look really great !

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
It sounds cool but I'm not sure about rubbing water on it. Will it not damage the sleeves over time?

They said: "NOTE: Water and hot temperatures are as bad for vinyl as they are for Gremlins, so please be mindful when playing these records"
So it's probably just a nice gimmick we all would never use/experience..

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Sigill
They said: "NOTE: Water and hot temperatures are as bad for vinyl as they are for Gremlins, so please be mindful when playing these records"
So it's probably just a nice gimmick we all would never use/experience..
Yeah I don't think a lot of people would want to be doing it! Someone might be brave enough though! Lol!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Awesome looking discs ! :woot: Will probably wait a few weeks or a repress to get them, but they look really great !

Same this is great set and those vinyl are awesome. Love the little gizmo on the clock hand

But like @Sigill im not sure on the whole water gimmick so if I was to get this (and I hope I can in the new year) then I won't bother with that water stuff. Plus I don't like the images the water brings out. Looks better without.
I wonder if you do get it wet then it's constantly stays with the image of dissapears when dry again.
Another reason I wouldn't get it wet.

Didn't realise how great the soundtrack was until I watched it again a few weeks back

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Damn did this sell out?!

Not on their site and says it in the OP but it all seemed a little quiet

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885