Grindhouse (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Target - FYE
Price: $19.99 (Best Buy) - $18.99 (Target) - $25.00(Amazon) - $27.99 (FYE)

grindhousesteel.jpgghinside.jpggrindhousebdsteel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
everything's a mess... front / back / inside... i'd have preferred if they separate those 2 movies as front/back but zavvi done that before... i still prefer zavvi or DE over this...

Love the front and inside artwork, not sure about the back though, it doesn’t go well with the front.
DE version still the best to me. that spot varnish feel.

be interesting to see what finish this one gets.

agree about the back ... the black area left me wondering how cool would it be to get an artist to use white paint pen or sharpie and do a doodle at top and bottom. Course cant really think of what doodle. maybe the car and her leg on the other.

I know one shouldnt have to think that hard to really like something, but sometimes its fun to get that personal touch on your steels. its tarantino so im buying it regardless. ;) In fact this listing was called just grindhouse collectors edition before (or maybe it was special edition) so i had pre-ordered it when it was a blank white space in case it was something lavish as i locked in at 19.99. Guessing it might go cheaper in the long run perhaps. sometimes hard telling since it is 2 movies.

DE version still the best to me. that spot varnish feel.

be interesting to see what finish this one gets.

agree about the back ... the black area left me wondering how cool would it be to get an artist to use white paint pen or sharpie and do a doodle at top and bottom. Course cant really think of what doodle. maybe the car and her leg on the other.

I know one shouldnt have to think that hard to really like something, but sometimes its fun to get that personal touch on your steels. its tarantino so im buying it regardless. ;) In fact this listing was called just grindhouse collectors edition before (or maybe it was special edition) so i had pre-ordered it when it was a blank white space in case it was something lavish as i locked in at 19.99. Guessing it might go cheaper in the long run perhaps. sometimes hard telling since it is 2 movies.
Yeah that black area is definatly missing something. I agree the German Steel is the best so far. I do think the interior art is pretty cool and it is Tarantino so should still be worth picking up! Hopefully it’s a gloss finish. I knew you would be getting it Wreck!:D

Reactions: purplebook
@Wreck did you buy em all? I was slacking, had it in my cart then I see this today

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Was expecting a better cover solution. I guess packaging is the only new thing here right? No new materials on those Blu˙s?

Okay, that looks pretty amazing. I'm tempted, but I'm STILL hoping that we one day get the FULL feature as shown in theatres. I want the trailers and the intermission on Blu-ray in the worst way!

Very cool front and insides . . . and whilst not exactly the ugly third sister if reusing that massive black egg timer shape at least use it properly and put the text in . . . as without the text the shape just looks pointless and daft.
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_Planet_Terror_Complete_Box_08.jpg
1535624828414.png

Insides - multi image layout seen previously on the Japan DVD edition:-
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_Planet_Terror_Complete_Box_11.jpg
1535625268797.png

The distressed and pulp magazine style artwork of the similar style German steelbook looks none the worse for gloss so that would probably be the best choice of finish here.

The 2-film GRINDHOUSE - and standalone releases - BD and DVD steelbooks (from around and about):-
UK (BD) and US (DVDs x2):-
coleccion-steelbooks-grindhouse-planet-terror-death-proof-en-dvd-blu-ray-l_cover.jpg

UK (BD):-
8Vq7wBm.jpg
hVAlz15.jpg

US (DVD - no.1) - plain red back without artwork if you don't include the 'scratches':-
1535628924852.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US (DVD - no.2):-
1535625947156.png
1535625836136.png

============================================================================================================================
Germany (BD):-
1535627700189.png
1535627647512.png
1535627778053.png

=============================================================================================================================
Germany (DVD):-
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_06.jpg
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_05.jpg
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_04.jpg

===============================================================================================================================
Poland futerepak (DVD):-
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_01.jpg
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_02.jpg
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_03.jpg

=============================================================================================================================
Miscellaneous:-
maxresdefault.jpg
1535628186494.png

• Thanks
  • Informative
Reactions: milky and tridon
Did it? I was under the assumption that it still hasn’t been released (kinda like the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair).
Not positive. Maybe someone who has the German steelbook can chime in.
BUT - the full feature as it was seen in theaters was released in 2010 by Vivendi on Blu ray in the U.S. - trailers, intermission and all.
4CEFDD7F-FB3E-4BE3-80BD-7D8E40315862.jpeg

Very cool front and insides . . . and whilst not exactly the ugly third sister if reusing that massive black egg timer shape at least use it properly and put the text in . . . as without the text the shape just looks pointless and daft.
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_Planet_Terror_Complete_Box_08.jpg
View attachment 390860

Insides - multi image layout seen previously on the Japan DVD edition:-
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_Planet_Terror_Complete_Box_11.jpg
View attachment 390861

The distressed and pulp magazine style artwork of the similar style German steelbook looks none the worse for gloss so that would probably be the best choice of finish here.

The 2-film GRINDHOUSE - and standalone releases - BD and DVD steelbooks (from around and about):-
UK (BD) and US (DVDs x2):-
coleccion-steelbooks-grindhouse-planet-terror-death-proof-en-dvd-blu-ray-l_cover.jpg

UK (BD):-
8Vq7wBm.jpg
hVAlz15.jpg

US (DVD - no.1) - plain red back without artwork if you don't include the 'scratches':-
View attachment 390872
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
US (DVD - no.2):-
View attachment 390863View attachment 390862

============================================================================================================================
Germany (BD):-
View attachment 390867View attachment 390865View attachment 390868
Germany (DVD):-
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_06.jpg
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_05.jpg
Grindhouse_Planet_Terror_Steelbook_Edition_04.jpg

===============================================================================================================================
Poland futerepak (DVD):-
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_01.jpg
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_02.jpg
Grindhouse_Death_Proof_03.jpg

Miscellaneous:-
maxresdefault.jpg
View attachment 390870

This was such a great, informative post. Man, I love these movies! :D

Not positive. Maybe someone who has the German steelbook can chime in.
BUT - the full feature as it was seen in theaters was released in 2010 by Vivendi on Blu ray in the U.S. - trailers, intermission and all.
View attachment 390891

Hmm... I'm pretty sure that I have that release, but I don't remember it playing out like the theatrical release. I'll have to check it out again. :thumbs: