Guardians of the Galaxy (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Sep 2, 2017
CANADA
Release date: October 1, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

guard.jpeg

I've noticed that the number of Canadian re-sellers on eBay for the Marvel 4K steelbooks have increased lately.
I know some of them purchase a minimum of 50 copies of each steelbook so I guess it's no surprise that they're gone so quickly now.

Not a problem for the new releases like Captain Marvel and Endgame and the live Disney titles such as Aladdin and the Lion King since those no longer seem to go out of stock even after release.

I preordered one copy of each of Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Happened to check at just the right time after they went first went up, I guess.

Wtf!!! Seriously how the hell do these magically show up and poof disappears like it was never there.

Your guess is as good as mine! I have no idea what BestBuy is doing. I've missed out in the past, too (eg Alita: Battle Angel). I just hope they don't come back and tell me my order was cancelled because they didn't have stock available.

I've noticed that the number of Canadian re-sellers on eBay for the Marvel 4K steelbooks have increased lately.
I know some of them purchase a minimum of 50 copies of each steelbook so I guess it's no surprise that they're gone so quickly now.

Not a problem for the new releases like Captain Marvel and Endgame and the live Disney titles such as Aladdin and the Lion King since those no longer seem to go out of stock even after release.
No restrictions on the purchase of limited steelbook editions in your neck of the woods or are the print runs massively more than we get in Europe?

No restrictions on the purchase of limited steelbook editions in your neck of the woods or are the print runs massively more than we get in Europe?

I don't think we get any more copies in Canada at Best Buy than any of the European retailers.
At Best Buy Canada you can put in an order of up to 10 copies of a steelbook and most likely more.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
I don't think we get any more copies in Canada at Best Buy than any of the European retailers.
At Best Buy Canada you can put in an order of up to 10 copies of a steelbook and most likely more.
Interesting, because in the US, i think preorders are limited to 2...in fact, I think even after the release date it’s a limit of 2 in most cases (though I’m not sure there’s a limit if you go to the store).

Reactions: Stygian
Managed to score 3 copies each of Guardians and Doctor Strange. Anyone who managed to score Ant-Man, I'd be willing to do a one for one trade with if you missed out on one of these. If no trades occur, can sell them to you at cost + shipping provided I get good copies.

@Stygian @Leprekon @dchamp444 @rj531 @MerlinT @Drum18

Sorry if I missed anyone :(

Cheers!
Tx but not interested in those 4K sets. Didn't buy the Iron Man's, Capt and others as I have to stop double-dipping. Tx!

Anyone look at the reviews on Ant-Man steelbook. Someone on here has a issue with us buying 4 copies. All the damage copies stay in store. I’m sure stores can do transfers for people. I could be wrong but it would be nice if it was available.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Anyone look at the reviews on Ant-Man steelbook. Someone on here has a issue with us buying 4 copies. All the damage copies stay in store. I’m sure stores can do transfers for people. I could be wrong but it would be nice if it was available.

Well, if we ever got GOOD copies to begin with, wouldn't have to purchase multiples! I've never known BestBuy to do transfers between stores. They can certainly look up if a copy exists at a different one, put a hold on it for you, but would be up to you to go get it.

Cheers!

They mention that there haven't been any restocks but of course we know that there have been, however brief. We just keep missing them. They will probably pop in and out a couple more times between now and release date and again after the release date.
Perhaps not for Ant-Man. That one seems even harder to get.