S.P.A.S.Secretary
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 5, 2012
Norway
Purchase: Mondo (sold out)
Release: Early 2015
Price: $50
Notes: Artwork by Tyler Stout, single LP (180 gram), 'Purple Infinity Stone' color vinyl.

This limited edition, deluxe release of Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix Volume 1 is pressed on 180 gram Purple Infinity Stone colored vinyl, and housed in a screen printed single sleeve jacket. Each album contains one of nine randomly inserted screen printed handbills. All artwork by Tyler Stout. Screen printing by D&L Screen Printing.

Awesome Mix Volume 1 Track List and Detailed Images

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the heads up mate, this is insane!!!

I know!

The amount of self discipline I've shown the last hour blows me away. I've had this in my cart and emptied it 6-7 times now! :p
I want it so badly but I really can't afford it atm. I need to close my mondotees tab on my browser and forget this is live and hope it's still in stock in 12 days, lol! ;)

Haha, I put one in the cart immediately, then read the description, added another one because of the randomly inserted prints, went through the checkout and realized that $130+ for for two copies of a record I already own (albeit not as insanely amazing version as this one) is just too much at the moment. I see some talk on the vinyl collective forum that this might be an open edition (though it's all just rumours at this point), so I'll definitely wait to hear more. That price tag is hefty.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass
I bought one. Open edition just means you can order for X amount of time till they close off .... then no more. Kinda like their TIMED edition of Man of Steel Print ... but in this case it may stretch much longer then say a weekend.

• Helpful Post
@Slinchafi

Open edition means sold elsewhere at some point?

No, it usually means that there is no pre-determined limit on how many will be made, so they make as many as are ordered during the pre-order period (which might be at least three months in this case). But again, this is just speculation base on the fact that mondo has never had a "pre-order" for a vinyl release, at least they never called it that before, plus they put out the pressing numbers for all of the releases lately, but not for this one for some reason.

Edit: I see Wreck beat me to it :)

• Helpful Post
I bought one. Open edition just means you can order for X amount of time till they close off .... then no more. Kinda like their TIMED edition of Man of Steel Print ... but in this case it may stretch much longer then say a weekend.

Ah, I see. Well, then I strongly suggest they stretch it 12 days! ;)

Thanks for the heads up @spass. This is gorgeous! So tempted to order, but I've never bought anything directly from Mondo before... anyone got any tips/advice for someone ordering from UK? I always worry about customs. :ohno:

I always miss out on anything Mondo, when I saw this (and with the let down of the artwork on steelbook imo) and how much I love this movie I just had to buy it. Will probably buy a nice frame for it when it arrives. Made some extra money doing overtime at work so thought "why not treat myself!"

and I hope I get Rocket as my Handbill

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreck
Starting October 3rd, Mondo Will have a deluxe vinyl release of the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 featuring the artwork of the talented Tyler Stout. Tyler’s artwork was released in a poster that has now been resized for the cover art for this release. This is the first screen-printed album jacket from Mondo and D&L Screenprinting.

An additional bonus expected from the company is that each one comes with one of nine randomly inserted screen-printed handbills featuring various characters from the film. The discs are pressed on 180 Gram Purple Infinity Stone colored vinyl.

Track listing:
1. Hooked on a Feeling – Blue Swede
2. Go All the Way – Raspberries
3. Spirit in the Sky – Norman Greenbaum
4. Moonage Daydream – David Bowie
5. Fooled Around and Fell in Love – Elvin Bishop
6. I Want You Back – The Jackson 5
7. I’m Not in Love – 10cc
8. Come and Get Your Love – Redbone
9. Cherry Bomb – The Runaways
10. Escape (The Piña Colada Song) – Rupert Holmes
11. O-O-H Child – The Five Stairsteps