Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 22nd, 2017
Purchase links: English or Bilingual
Price: CDN $44.99
Note: Sold online only. NOT sold in store.

Image2.jpg

gotg2.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this artwork will be different from the horrible World-wide release currently showing on Zavvi and amazon Germany and the likes? Or will Best Buy be getting exclusive artwork?

Does anyone know if this artwork will be different from the horrible World-wide release currently showing on Zavvi and amazon Germany and the likes? Or will Best Buy be getting exclusive artwork?

Ok I think I've just answered my own question as this went up two minutes ago on Twitter;

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531
Still not shipped i was hoping have it today or tomorrow ... :(
They seemed to be late on fulfilling online preorders..
Got my shipping notice :)
Lucky @elchipo as I'm still not even charged on my CC.... will go in store tomorrow morning for sure.

Last week with Alien: Covenant, some people received it as usual and some only got charged/shipped 4-5 days later... BBY Canada warehouse seems to be having a lot of new staff to be so much behind... imagine when we'll get to Holiday season... :ugh:

"Dear xxx,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can, but due to an inventory delay the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details).

We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger.) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Thanks for shopping at Best Buy,

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team"

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian and Leafs17
"Dear xxx,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can, but due to an inventory delay the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details).

We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger.) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team"

Dear xxx! Wow! Lucky you!

They used my actual name on mine. And the wording was a little bit different.

August 21, 2017

Dear Useless Unworthy Unimportant purchaser of a steelbook,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can,
BUT SINCE WE'RE BUSY FILLING REAL ORDERS FOR ITEMS LIKE COMPUTERS, APPLIANCES AND SO ON, the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details IF YOU FEEL LIKE WASTING YOUR TIME).
We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. :rofl:If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger. But of course we know you didn't pay for shipping because we're charging you $44.99 for this steelbook!!!! :rofl:) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

Dear xxx! Wow! Lucky you!

They used my actual name on mine. And the wording was a little bit different.

August 21, 2017

Dear Useless Unworthy Unimportant purchaser of a steelbook,

Thanks for pre-ordering Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (4K Ultra HD) (3D Blu-ray Combo) (2017) a while back. We want to get this order into your hands as soon as we can,
BUT SINCE WE'RE BUSY FILLING REAL ORDERS FOR ITEMS LIKE COMPUTERS, APPLIANCES AND SO ON, the order is going to be slightly delayed. We'll ship it as soon as possible but it might not arrive on the original release date (check the Order Status page to see the latest delivery details IF YOU FEEL LIKE WASTING YOUR TIME).
We sincerely apologize for this and want you to know we're doing everything we can to get your order moving. :rofl:If you paid for shipping we'll refund that charge back to your original method of payment. (We'll take care of everything, so you don't have to lift a finger. But of course we know you didn't pay for shipping because we're charging you $44.99 for this steelbook!!!! :rofl:) We'll also send you another email when your order has shipped.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team
Gotta admit, this looks a lot like the one I've just read in my Outlook... Thank you for that! :hilarious:

But at the same... :sad:

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and Stygian
Any idea if the stores will actually be receiving any copies?
As there's not a single mention into this week's flyer, hard to say.... all previous Marvel/Disney had some in store on release day, but not many...

Be there at 10h00 am is your best bet... I know I'll be.

As there's not a single mention into this week's flyer, hard to say.... all previous Marvel/Disney had some in store on release day, but not many...

Be there at 10h00 am is your best bet... I know I'll be.

I had to give up showing up at the stores for steelbooks on release day long ago.
Once they removed the "reserve and pick up in store" option I have found that they no longer carry enough copies to meet demand when the doors open.

The people waiting in line before opening out-number the copies available.
I think that was shortly after the release of "Rogue One"