Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: August 22nd, 2017
Purchase links: English or Bilingual
Price: CDN $44.99
Note: Sold online only. NOT sold in store.

Image2.jpg

gotg2.jpg

Last edited:
It would be cool if the SteelBook® looked like a Zune MP3 Player to go along with Sony Walkman Cassette Player SteelBook® for the first film. :LOL:

I hope not. I would like this artwork though:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-poster.jpg

This movie has so many great posters. Sorry but I would be pretty disappointed if it ended up being a zune steelbook..

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
It would be cool if the SteelBook® looked like a Zune MP3 Player to go along with Sony Walkman Cassette Player SteelBook® for the first film. :LOL:
Considering all the hate the first steel got, I'm not sure if you are joking or not. I really like the idea though. Something like that to go along with the first steel would be great. Any generic poster art would disappointment me. I don't get why so many people want poster art on a steel. You can get that from any run of the mill release.

Considering all the hate the first steel got, I'm not sure if you are joking or not. I really like the idea though. Something like that to go along with the first steel would be great. Any generic poster art would disappointment me. I don't get why so many people want poster art on a steel. You can get that from any run of the mill release.

I think a large part of the hate for the mixtape steelbook release for the original was because of copyright issues with Sony so they had to use a generic Walkman that looked nothing like in the film (not even the same color). Which the same issue would arise again if they attempted a Zune Steelbook. I don't think anybody was to put off by the intent but rather the execution. On your second point on why people would like poster art, well for one they tend to be iconic and offer the opportunity for other artwork both on the back and inside. Also printing on metal allows the colors on the artwork to "pop" like you don't see on paper which for some is why steelbook are worth the premium price.

I think a large part of the hate for the mixtape steelbook release for the original was because of copyright issues with Sony so they had to use a generic Walkman that looked nothing like in the film
Hum... no... So many wonderful artwork to choose from and they decide to go the most boring/generic way with the "walkman" design... Blufans always knows best how to make a REAL SteelBook Artwork pop!

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
Hum... no... So many wonderful artwork to choose from and they decide to go the most boring/generic way with the "walkman" design... Blufans always knows best how to make a REAL SteelBook Artwork pop!

I don't disagree with that, Blufans hit it out of the park but I still think a lot of the animosity was how poorly the "Walkman" was executed. I mean even the buttons on the spine were wrong. I would have personally preferred the WWA steelbook to have been one of the poster artworks but that makes me appreciate my Blufans edition even more.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17 and Drum18

Nope, not joking, I'd be fine with the Zune idea. I like most of my SteelBooks®; the well-done movie poster style, and the unique ones, like the Sony Walkman Cassette Player. As long as it looks like some effort has been made to make the SteelBook® unique, stylish and attractive; I'm open to anything. It's when there appears to be little to no effort made, I'm looking at you Spider-Man 1-3 with the red covers, that I take issue.

Reactions: svenning
...How do you display yours?

I've been meaning to post some pics of how I display them. I took a few quick pics for now. They line the wall along the ceiling like a border. All around my basement where we watch movies and upstairs in the living room. I still have another 50 or so steelbooks that I don't have space to display like this. Will get more 'shelves' to put them up at some point.

steelbook 1.JPG steelbook 2.JPG steelbook 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: