Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Cassette Soundtrack)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Release Date: June 23, 2017
Purchase Link: Amazon
Price: $12.98

91AMHe8+g5L._SL1500_.jpg
:headphone:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Just went to order this from HMV and 2 things that have annoyed me

• the original was £7.99 a few years back. This is now £9.99

• you have to pay £2 shipping because it's 1p under £10.
That's incredibly annoying

I've actually emailed them because I'm not paying an extra £2 because it's a penny under their threshold

@Noodles, do you own the original tape and are you gona go for this?

Here's the link for anyone interested

http://store.hmv.com/music/cassette-tapes/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix,-vol-2

Release date 23rd June

Just went to order this from HMV and 2 things that have annoyed me

• the original was £7.99 a few years back. This is now £9.99

• you have to pay £2 shipping because it's 1p under £10.
That's incredibly annoying

I've actually emailed them because I'm not paying an extra £2 because it's a penny under their threshold

@Noodles, do you own the original tape and are you gona go for this?

Here's the link for anyone interested

http://store.hmv.com/music/cassette-tapes/guardians-of-the-galaxy-awesome-mix,-vol-2

Release date 23rd June
Hate that! It's the same with Zavvi... but at least it's not as bad as Amazon's £20 requirement I suppose.

Nah, I never bothered with the tape mate... it's cool and all, but it'd only end up in a drawer if I bought it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Hate that! It's the same with Zavvi... but at least it's not as bad as Amazon's £20 requirement I suppose.

Nah, I never bothered with the tape mate... it's cool and all, but it'd only end up in a drawer if I bought it.

That is a good point

Thing is you can walk into a Hmv so I can always get it on the day. 1st was limited and was not avalibale online. People went mad for it. I can assure you the print run for this will be possibly 8 to 10 times more.
I got the first Instore and to be fair I have it on show with my steels (in front) and some other bits i have in front of them (like your set up with the odd figure etc) and i have the CD to listen to which I bought in the sale for like £5 anyway. Still need to pick up the deluxe vinyl at some point.
And will do the same for this film

I actually listened to the new soundtrack earlier and although it's not as stand out as the first it's still a very f*cking good soundtrack for a marvel superhero film. And glad come a little bit closer is on it (kinda matches escape on the first)

I have a couple of the songs anyway and there was only 2 I didn't recognise. Always nice

But I read ages ago Gunn wanted Bowie to be in the film and after his death he said he wanted to pay tribute to him and was going to put another Bowie song on the soundtrack. On the adverts all I hear is suffragette city (one of my fav songs of his) but it's not on the album. would of fitted in very well on the album. Very odd they use it in the adverts

Listing had oddly been removed

Looks like it wasn't supposed to go up yet or it was possibly a mistake

It's not the standard sold out page

Back up again

I've decided to order and bundle it with the Logan steelbook and cancelled my orginal Logan order

Just picked this up

I know it's just a tape but I prefer it to the uk version for the 1st film

I actually wish the original was more like this.

That's one things that bugs me is the inconsistency Disney and marvel have with their products and the design of the new tape is so different to the 1st as shown in the pics below

Got the deluxe vinyl on pre order and will pick the CD up when it drops to around £4.99 like I did with Vol. 1

@Noodles @bloodsnake007

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This way they look fine
image.jpeg

But I wish the original had the track listing like the new one instead of the giant title
image.jpeg

Also if you have them the correct way round the spine titles are opposites
image.jpeg

The correct way with the titles but the marvel logo is upside down lol
image.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Just picked this up

I know it's just a tape but I prefer it to the uk version for the 1st film

I actually wish the original was more like this.

That's one things that bugs me is the inconsistency Disney and marvel have with their products and the design of the new tape is so different to the 1st as shown in the pics below

Got the deluxe vinyl on pre order and will pick the CD up when it drops to around £4.99 like I did with Vol. 1

@Noodles @bloodsnake007

View attachment 318807

View attachment 318808

View attachment 318809

This way they look fine
View attachment 318810

But I wish the original had the track listing like the new one instead of the giant title
View attachment 318811

Also if you have them the correct way round the spine titles are opposites
View attachment 318812

The correct way with the titles but the marvel logo is upside down lol
View attachment 318813
SWEET! :hungry: Congrats on getting it @Flloydo :cool: And I know what you mean about inconsistency, it drives me fu**ing crazy! I also have the same UK cassette edition for part 1, but I just recently ordered the US edition that'll match Vol. 2! :woot: :notworthy:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q5F3AN8/?tag=hidefnin-20

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007