Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - In theaters TBA

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Elizabeth Debicki, Sylvester Stallone, Michelle Yeoh, Ving Rhames, Miley Cyrus, Michael Rosenbaum

Release: 2021-04-14

Disney were forced into this awkward position, no doubt. But I can't see him being recalled at this point. Otherwise the whole thing was for nothing.

They'll probably bring someone else on board to direct who will feck it up!

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 17.14.00.png

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
It really is.

I'm still hoping that reason will prevail and that James will be re-hired.

I feel like Disney will hold their ground because re-hiring him would make them look stupid. Of course they already look stupid, so who knows? I'm sure the Guardians cast is under contract, but if they were to walk, Disney would be forced to re-hire Gunn. That won't happen, though. The only one who could possibly walk is Bautista... and by looking at his tweets, that's a definite possibility.

I feel really bad for Gunn, but I also feel sorry for Kevin Feige. This puts him in a crappy spot and I'm sure he was just as surprised with the firing as everyone else. I'd love to hear his story on this one day.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I feel like Disney will hold their ground because re-hiring him would make them look stupid. Of course they already look stupid, so who knows? I'm sure the Guardians cast is under contract, but if they were to walk, Disney would be forced to re-hire Gunn. That won't happen, though. The only one who could possibly walk is Bautista... and by looking at his tweets, that's a definite possibility.

I feel really bad for Gunn, but I also feel sorry for Kevin Feige. This puts him in a crappy spot and I'm sure he was just as surprised with the firing as everyone else. I'd love to hear his story on this one day.

Stupid is an understatement.

I'm sure lots of discussions are happening behind the scenes as to the right way to proceed.

James will be very hard to replace (not to say impossible) without losing what made GOTG so special. I'm hoping Kevin is working on getting him back.

• Thanks
Stupid is an understatement.

I'm sure lots of discussions are happening behind the scenes as to the right way to proceed.

James will be very hard to replace (not to say impossible) without losing what made GOTG so special. I'm hoping Kevin is working on getting him back.

I'm hoping Kevin can get him back, too. He gave the MCU its freshest take and it's been one that they've (Marvel/Disney) been copying in other MCU films now. I know fans online are asking for Taika Waititi, but all he did was take the exact GotG formula that Gunn created, made weirder/dumber, and gave it to Thor. To me, there's no GotG without Gunn and, honestly, I doubt I'll watch/support the third without Gunn at the helm.

I'm hoping Kevin can get him back, too. He gave the MCU its freshest take and it's been one that they've (Marvel/Disney) been copying in other MCU films now. I know fans online are asking for Taika Waititi, but all he did was take the exact GotG formula that Gunn created, made weirder/dumber, and gave it to Thor. To me, there's no GotG without Gunn and, honestly, I doubt I'll watch/support the third without Gunn at the helm.

And James was the director given the most leeway to go nuts with his movies. Let's wait and see.

• Thanks

I didn’t know there was a whole waititi thing online but the only reason I said him Is because I don’t want some director coming in a making it theirs and very different and I feel taika could replicate what Gunn has done the best

Not saying I want that to happen but if Gunn does not get re hired and like you and Apollon say, you just don’t know if Disney will stick to their guns or admit defeat then the only person I’ll allow in my head at the moment his Taika

And that bobcat post is unreal. Quality

Very unlikely imo that Disney fold to public pressure and rehire him, this whole thing does raise the question of do these companies not do background checks before offering a gig to someone in the first place as this kind of thing seems to happen all the time these days

He got started working for Troma, there's no way Disney were unaware of his humour, he wrote Tromeo and Juliet FFS and that's one of their weirdest movies. Even Super had a lot of weirdness and 'inappropriate humour', so does Guardians to certain extent (Jackson Pollock joke etc).

Very unlikely imo that Disney fold to public pressure and rehire him, this whole thing does raise the question of do these companies not do background checks before offering a gig to someone in the first place as this kind of thing seems to happen all the time these days
They fired him due to pressure from people who disagree with his political leanings, so rehiring him due to protests from sensible people wouldn't be so bad.

• Thanks
Reactions: bobberino
They fired him due to pressure from people who disagree with his political leanings, so rehiring him due to protests from sensible people wouldn't be so bad.

The official line is they fired him for historical offensive tweets about **** and paedophilia