Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - In theaters TBA

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Elizabeth Debicki, Sylvester Stallone, Michelle Yeoh, Ving Rhames, Miley Cyrus, Michael Rosenbaum

Release: 2021-04-14

My vote for replacement director: Patty Jenkins
Please no other MCU directors:vomit:

This is ridiculous

**** me! It’s all about dark humour. I wouldn’t stand a chance if they heard some of the sh!t I come out with.

Seriously though i didn’t know that about Gunn but it don’t bother me either. If it’s funny then it’s funny (I haven’t read any of them).

Making guardians films seemed like child’s play to him!

Had to

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
This is ridiculous

**** me! It’s all about dark humour. I wouldn’t stand a chance if they heard some of the sh!t I come out with.

Seriously though i didn’t know that about Gunn but it don’t bother me either. If it’s funny then it’s funny (I haven’t read any of them).

Making guardians films seemed like child’s play to him!

Had to
Problem is most people don’t find jokes about kiddie fiddling particularly amusing. What peeves me off about this is that Gunn has obviously grown up and grown out of such stupidity. But seems once you’re tarred in the US, you’re stuck with it for life.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Problem is most people don’t find jokes about kiddie fiddling particularly amusing. What peeves me off about this is that Gunn has obviously grown up and grown out of such stupidity. But seems once you’re tarred in the US, you’re stuck with it for life.
He was over 40 when he wrote this stuff, not "when he was young and immature".
Just reminds you that twitter is written in ink not pencil.

The more I read about this, the more I realise it's all political and basically boils down to money... not really surprising, since it is Di$ney we're talking about. :greedy:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Tweet from Dave Bautista regarding Gunn...

Great to read that. I hope all of the Guardians get his back.

Here's the thing... John Lasseter accused of sexual harassment... never fired (was allowed to "step down"). Johnny Depp accused of beating his wife... never fired. James Gunn says some offensive (and yes, disturbingly gross) jokes a decade ago... fired. Hell, Robert Downey, Jr. has done worse things in his life, but he turned it all around, made himself a better person, and he’s now Iron Man. People change. It’s what people do. I'm sure the House of the Mouse is full of disgusting human beings. There's probably actual pedophiles in there... rapists... thieves, extortionists, racists, sexists, and the list goes on. But James Gunn is the one who came under the gun of the PC police and since he's -- like Bautista said -- a gentle, kind human being, they raked through his Troma-influenced Twitter feed from years ago, shined a giant spotlight on it, and Disney was forced to fire him to save a buck in the end.

It's sad.

Like my friend Blake just tweeted (oh, help her a decade from now)...

I'm not pro/anti James Gunn (I didn't read his Tweets) or pro/anti Disney. I'm just tired. And numb. Hirings, firings, movie reviews, awards shows - it's all so politically-charged now that it's simply not fun to me anymore. More and more I just want to watch films in a vacuum.

Remember how fun movies and games and comics and basically everything was before the internet? Those were good days. These days, everyone is made of glass and you have to tip-toe on eggshells with everything. Sad.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
To those who aren't on Twitter or reading the news elsewhere, James' statement below:

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 18.04.37.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 18.04.47.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 18.05.00.png

Honestly, If you are a celebrity of any kind. Just stay off all forms of social media.
I know its fun for us fans to have them on twitter and stuff... but now it seems to be doing more harm in the PC culture that has formed over the last bit.

If I was a celebrity, I'd just delete EVERYTHING. If you can be fired for something you did a decade ago. Who knows what the social climate will be in a few years and what will and wont be acceptable.
Not saying what James said was ever acceptable, but Disney also HIRED him after he said it. So this whole thing makes no sense.

As far as I'm concerned James Gunn IS GotG. I'm not sure I wan't to see a Vol 3 without him involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
The only positive from all this is that Gunn could easily move on to do a DC movie now that his ties with Marvel have been cut... he recently said he was offered the chance anyway, so I don't see anything stopping him from actually doing it now (unless WB have changed their mind, of course).

This is what the worlds coming to. I’m not a tin foil hat wearer of any sort, but this SJW thing And Political Correctness is going to cause major problems in the future. I’m a father of 3 and if I hear pedo jokes I tend to wince, as being a father you tend to be protective and more mature. BUT..... the difference is, I KNOW it’s a joke and no malicious harm is intended from 99% of the people who say these things.

But if you are from the left, some feel that they have to make out they are of a higher standing and force their views onto others. And they then are rampant in their forcefulness. It’s exactly the same as the far right if you ask me, both are forcing their views onto people and creating division. I just wish the left would see what they “think” is right, just isn’t a lot of the time, and so to me, both are as bad as each other.

Take that scumbag who made Clownhouse & Jeeper Creepers for example, he’s surrounded by people of the lefty side ( and probably the right ) and still working to this day for horrendous things he has done! It’s not right and it’s that hypocrisy that’s really gets my blood boiling! He’s done something, he should be inside. James Gunn made distasteful jokes, ones that I find a little disturbing, but for f***ks sake, it was a joke and I’m big enough and ugly enough to accept and be ok with it because I’m not a snowflake.
All this PC stuff needs to stop and people show real respect to each other and appreciate that we all think differently and do not need it to be fed through properganda or other means to think how others think.

My 2 pence anyway ( but this is sadly not going away soon, sad times :( )

Reactions: Flloydo
I don’t agree with his jokes, but let’s take a look at the amount of comedians over the years who’ve said offensive, disturbing remarks who still have a career. If James would’ve kept his mouth shut about politics, he’d still be doing GotG Vol. 3. Disney/Marvel can say what they want, but it’s lies. They knew everything from the start and they’re just pandering to the online career-assassins.

This stunt should prove interesting considering the founder of Disney was a grade A racist and Disney in particularly in it's early years made a lot of material that's now considered so offensive they are now banned outright. Serious bit of double standards here from a company who pandered to serious racism for decades. We do seem to live in an era of virtue signalling where anything or anyone can be offended by anything. I grew up hearing seriously bad jokes and stuff over the decades. Wheeltappers and Shunters club anyone? I do what any normal people does. Ignore it. Better things to do with my life. Even now as I speak I can think of at least 3 British Comedians who peddle seriously offensive material on TV and yes let's not forget the director of Jeepers Creepers. He was allowed to direct major films and this guy was I quote "A current and future threat to kids" Yet a person who makes a bunch of seriously crass and in poor taste jokes can be sacked?. I take then they'll be looking for a new script for GOTG 3 as he wrote it!. As steelselecta said above we now live in a PC mad world. Personally I'll sick to the back teeth of this snowflake generation we've created.

As for Gunn good luck with any future career, telling tasteless jokes is not a crime..... What happens next. Do I get a knock on the door because 50 years ago in the school playground I called someone a name and get arrested because they now make a formal complaint to the police.

There's now an online petition asking Disney to rehire James Gunn for GOTG 3, link here on EW.com.

In that same article, there are more details about the person who caused this and is now seemingly going after comedians like Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman and Michael Ian Black. It's clear what all these people have in common. I won't post the article here since it references politics and it's a hot topic we'd rather avoid on the forums, but it can be read on the link above along with the link to the petition.