lenticularis

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
UK
Release date: May 30, 2022
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £15 (Amazon) - £14.99 (HMV) - £24.99 (Zavvi)
Note: Details to be confirmed

HalfaLoaf.PNG

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
While the mighty Shaw Brothers were dominating the Hong Kong martial arts scene with hard-hitting features like THE CHINESE BOXER and dazzling us with an aesthetic brilliance found in productions such as LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA or THE SHAOLIN DISCIPLES, writer and star JACKIE CHAN and director Chen Chi-Hwa were cutting across much of the pomposity associated with many of these types of films and offering something much more akin to parody with HALF A LOAF OF KUNG FU

Accident-prone Jiang (Chan) dreams of learning Kung Fu from a master, but when he takes employment as a bodyguard at a shady mansion, he stumbles upon an evil witch and finds himself in the middle of an uncertain future.

Funny, inventive and clever, HALF A LOAF OF KUNG FU provides light-hearted action, some bonkers scenarios and of course, Chan's patented style of fun and fury.

damnit, 88 Films! :woot: i've bought every other Jackie Chan release of theirs, i'm already out of space, and at this rate they'll be releasing the films where Jackie only has a cameo. :LOL: and i'll still consider buying them. :rolleyes: