Halloween (2018) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 25, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi - HMV (Pre order live at Midnight October 19 UK time)
Price: £29.99

01-508704.png

02-508704.png03-508704.jpg

old mock up.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Norwichlad
With a budget of 10 million dollars there is no way in hell this isn't churning a profit.

I spoke to James Jude Courtney who plays the new Michael Myers last week at the H40 convention when I got his autograph and he said he's coming back so for whatever that's worth

Box office performance can do amazing things to what can happen ;)

You forgot the ending of Halloween 2 in 1981 ;)
That did not stop them doing Halloween 4

If it breathes it's alive ;):D

That's my point, it gets silly so I ignore all other Halloween movies past number 2, and yes the ending of 2 nobody would survive either lol.

Lets be honest, they will milk it I'm sure and because Michael is now older... or possibly dead, there will become a copycat killer somewhere down the line to keep the franchise going.

Halloween 2018
Thursday/Friday/Saturday
US Box office $77.5 million

Worldwide opening weekend estimate will be 100 Million

I missed that completely. When was that implied?
@BluSteel2012

Did You miss the post credits :naughty:

For those that not seen the film yet don't click the spoiler

In the final moment of the new Halloween movie, after the credits roll, the film score is abruptly replaced with the loud, creepy sound of heavy breathing. The implication is that it’s our beloved villain, Michael Myers — and that the film’s climax

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
@BluSteel2012

Did You miss the post credits :naughty:

For those that not seen the film yet don't click the spoiler

In the final moment of the new Halloween movie, after the credits roll, the film score is abruptly replaced with the loud, creepy sound of heavy breathing. The implication is that it’s our beloved villain, Michael Myers — and that the film’s climax
Yes I heard it.

My post you qouted was related to something else though...... :confused:

Reactions: paulboland
Lets be honest, they will milk it I'm sure and because Michael is now older... or possibly dead, there will become a copycat killer somewhere down the line to keep the franchise going.
The way the camera lingered on the knife in the granddaughters hand at the very end suggested that to me. Now that Hollywood is brimming with Girl Power I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a female killer!!!

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
This Steelbook might be getting an FAC release
Nothing has been confirmed yet but Jan from filmarena is looking for feedback to see if there is an interest for a FAC release

Jan from Film Arena just posted this

Dear Collectors,

The Universal Studio offers us a collector's collector for the latest Halloween Picture of Halloween, which is currently in kinoukázkách and starts next week. At the same time, we received an offer and materials to prepare the fac edition

How do you look at this offer with your eyes, please? I call on our collector constant and collectors who like horror movies to comment on whether this is a quality choice for the fac series.

So far, I can't promise anything about the previous works, because all parts are not under the same studio, and the time or capacity does not allow us to promise other parts of this good horror franchises for a few months

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

HC

Update FAC release is happening

Last edited:
:wow:

Thinking like that I'm surprised you collect steelbooks at all as standard releases are generally between £20-25 and all premiums will cost you virtually double that delivered.

Not at all, Ive just had several arrive, all of which were priced between 14.99 - 19.99 (and no they weren't on offer). It's only the big summer blockbusters which are generally getting the big price tags - and for less and less content it seems. When it was £25-30 for three discs inc the blu ray, the 3d/4K and the DVD I at least felt I was getting my money's worth for a big film, now we're lucky if we get one disc for that.

My interest is in standard blu ray and 3D, I have no personal interest in 4K, the picture quality upgrade isn't worth double the price to me since my player upgrades picture quality to 4K anyway. I occasionally spend more on a premium edition like manta or blu fans, but I limit that to Star Wars and Disney titles since £65-75 for a film is bl**dy ridiculous frankly, but at least those purchases are few and far between and done in such small runs that the higher price tag is somewhat justified by the included content and collateral (books, art cards, stickers) poster artwork, high quality finish, slipcases.

However, saying that, the lack of 3d disc for blu fans CoCo (making it a one disc for the price) did hammer a nail in the proverbial coffin for a fair few of us. There's had to be a limit to what customers will and won't accept as it's been spiralling lately as retailers see collectors paying more for a better quality edition from manta etc and think they can jack their own price point up.

Some of my favourite Steelbooks the past couple of years have actually been older titles lovingly presented with great artwork, a great steel finish and in small runs at a great price (examples would be: Big trouble in little China's, Inner Space, Short Circuit, Meet the Robinsons, the boy in the striped pyjamas, cloud atlas, Killer Klowns from outer space and the Thing).

I'm objective enough to recognise that for those who purchase 4K discs as standard in amaray the cost of a steel at £30 isn't a big leap. But it's important to recognise that the whole market demographic 'isnt' that customer. For the average collector with a Steelbook collection their priority is standard blu ray. The former £4-7 increase from amaray to steel made it an increase they were willing to pay for what's is essentially the same content but in a slightly nicer metal box.

By forcing 4K inclusion and ramping the cost up to double that of amaray that's simply too big an increase for the average customer. Especially at a time when artwork and finish has become incredibly lazy, with WWA taking over and lack of titles notorious.

Of course there will be those customers who buy 4K always, have higher disposable incomes and think of nothing of buying premium titles for every movie they fancying picking up, and they'll sneer at the lowly HD collector (how times change) as if they're just cheap b****** unwilling to pay twice the price for 4K. And that's fine, because they lack the insight into the bigger picture that they'd need those 'cheap b******' to keep the market at a size where it's feasible for manufacturers to bother making Steelbooks in the first place.

Like it or hate the 4K market is far too small individually to make it worth a distributors time or investment to release simply for those customers - so you drive away the standard blu ray collectors and you drive down the production run numbers whilst driving the individual unit prices up, til it hits a point where no one will buy them or manufacturers have so little profit margin it's not worth their while. But hey what do I know, I've just worked in the industry for years!

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon762mm
Just got back from seeing this and I’ll be honest, apart from one thing that annoyed me I really enjoyed this film. I do have a soft spot for Halloween 2 and H20 but for me it’s the second best in the franchise

The price for these 4K HMV steelbooks is a little high imho, they should drop it at least $3 if it’s without a 3D disc. At least Best Buy keep it reasonable, HMV need to do the same.

I really want this but I have to decide if I really want to pay over $39 for it. Decisions!?!

Last edited:
Not at all, Ive just had several arrive, all of which were priced between 14.99 - 19.99 (and no they weren't on offer). It's only the big summer blockbusters which are generally getting the big price tags - and for less and less content it seems. When it was £25-30 for three discs inc the blu ray, the 3d/4K and the DVD I at least felt I was getting my money's worth for a big film, now we're lucky if we get one disc for that.

My interest is in standard blu ray and 3D, I have no personal interest in 4K, the picture quality upgrade isn't worth double the price to me since my player upgrades picture quality to 4K anyway. I occasionally spend more on a premium edition like manta or blu fans, but I limit that to Star Wars and Disney titles since £65-75 for a film is bl**dy ridiculous frankly, but at least those purchases are few and far between and done in such small runs that the higher price tag is somewhat justified by the included content and collateral (books, art cards, stickers) poster artwork, high quality finish, slipcases.

However, saying that, the lack of 3d disc for blu fans CoCo (making it a one disc for the price) did hammer a nail in the proverbial coffin for a fair few of us. There's had to be a limit to what customers will and won't accept as it's been spiralling lately as retailers see collectors paying more for a better quality edition from manta etc and think they can jack their own price point up.

Some of my favourite Steelbooks the past couple of years have actually been older titles lovingly presented with great artwork, a great steel finish and in small runs at a great price (examples would be: Big trouble in little China's, Inner Space, Short Circuit, Meet the Robinsons, the boy in the striped pyjamas, cloud atlas, Killer Klowns from outer space and the Thing).

I'm objective enough to recognise that for those who purchase 4K discs as standard in amaray the cost of a steel at £30 isn't a big leap. But it's important to recognise that the whole market demographic 'isnt' that customer. For the average collector with a Steelbook collection their priority is standard blu ray. The former £4-7 increase from amaray to steel made it an increase they were willing to pay for what's is essentially the same content but in a slightly nicer metal box.

By forcing 4K inclusion and ramping the cost up to double that of amaray that's simply too big an increase for the average customer. Especially at a time when artwork and finish has become incredibly lazy, with WWA taking over and lack of titles notorious.

Of course there will be those customers who buy 4K always, have higher disposable incomes and think of nothing of buying premium titles for every movie they fancying picking up, and they'll sneer at the lowly HD collector (how times change) as if they're just cheap b****** unwilling to pay twice the price for 4K. And that's fine, because they lack the insight into the bigger picture that they'd need those 'cheap b******' to keep the market at a size where it's feasible for manufacturers to bother making Steelbooks in the first place.

Like it or hate the 4K market is far too small individually to make it worth a distributors time or investment to release simply for those customers - so you drive away the standard blu ray collectors and you drive down the production run numbers whilst driving the individual unit prices up, til it hits a point where no one will buy them or manufacturers have so little profit margin it's not worth their while. But hey what do I know, I've just worked in the industry for years!

What a great post. I agree with every word :thumbs:

giphy.gif

I didn’t bother ordering this because of the price but I loved the film and I love that art so if that is indeed the art I shall stick a order in