Halloween (2018) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 25, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi - HMV (Pre order live at Midnight October 19 UK time)
Price: £29.99

01-508704.png

02-508704.png03-508704.jpg

old mock up.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Norwichlad
Watched this last weekend in Pasadena at midnight showing for the Halloween 40 Years of Terror Convention. Awesome movie

Was surprised talking to convention goers the day after that quite a few people didn't like it. If you're a Halloween fan and don't like this movie then I think you must be dead inside lol

I won't be supporting this practice of jacking up the price for no reason. £24.99 was a price we'd come to accept for 4K releases, so what are we getting for our extra £5....art cards....a slip...a booklet? No, nothing.

And some of us are forced to pay £10 for a disc we don't even want instead of the usual £5 :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I want 4K but not at this price, $40 is too expensive for a 4K+2D release. Not that I support 3D but if it had all three I can understand that price. I'll pass on this, hopefully Best Buy will get a 4K steelbook release of this.

Again with the 4k steelbook price debate.

When new 2D/4K releases sell for the higher end of between £20-25 then why is £5 extra for a steelbook talked about as a rip off when people routinely pay £25 for a 2D/3D version of a film in a steelbook?

2D/3D amaray - £18-20 2D/3D steelbook - £25
2D/4K amaray - £20-25 steelbook - £30

No one is forcing anyone here to buy a steelbook for x amount sheerly because it has a particular disc in it. IF you have to have it however, there are plenty of places where you can flog the 4K disc and you'd have no problem getting atleast a tenner for it which essentially reduces the cost down to what you wanted to pay for the standard blu ray disc and the steelbook anyway.

HMV are struggling to sell 4K/2D steelbooks at £29.99
The only release they sold out at full price 29.99 was Bladerunner 2049 and that was 4K/3D/2D

They had to drop prices on most 4K steelbooks that was £29.99 in recent months after release date to £19.99
Deadpool 2
Pacific Rim Uprising

£24.99 Full price steelbooks
Shape of Water is now £19.99
Kingsman golden circle is now £11.99
War for planet of the apes dropped to £14.99 and only then sold out

I don't think they're struggling sheerly because they're asking £30 for a 4k steelbook.

I think the quality of film and steelbook design has to be factored in too. Most of the films listed above either were crap and/or had a crap steelbook.

The £30 price tag isn't helping though.

I'm not overly fussed about art, as I get these because I want to see the film and like steelbooks, but I refuse to pay £30 for a 4K steelbook (unless it includes 3D as well).

If HMV sell enough at £30, then the price drop is probably not a big deal, or if they aren't, they may limit the units available in future.

I've already tweeted my disgust to HMV regarding the price of this one; though I expect it may be down to the studios rather than them