Halloween (2018) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 25, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi - HMV (Pre order live at Midnight October 19 UK time)
Price: £29.99

01-508704.png

02-508704.png03-508704.jpg

old mock up.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Norwichlad
Dispatched! I assume the HMV one is cancelled, I had the First Man steelbook preordered over there (wanted to cancel it but the website went offline), the release date came & went & nothing happened, so I'd assume all store orders are cancelled for now.

I spoke to HMV and gave them my order number and they said it would be dispatched today (though nothing confirming that and it's 7pm) and that their orders are all still valid.

HMV took the money out of my account today for it so presume it should be despatched soon. Had to email them and ask them what it was for as no confirmation email or way to check orders on their website. Bit of an arse as I assumed they weren’t going to fulfil it and ordered from Zavvi so now have 2 copies in the way!!

HMV took the money out of my account today for it so presume it should be despatched soon. Had to email them and ask them what it was for as no confirmation email or way to check orders on their website. Bit of an arse as I assumed they weren’t going to fulfil it and ordered from Zavvi so now have 2 copies in the way!!

Damn maybe I will get charged twice too then! :(
Anyone who want a copy sealed at retail cost PM me.

Last edited:
When HMV was purchased by sunrise as in taken out of administration this would have meant they would be getting new releases stock from the distributors

The online store is been restructured at the moment and due to be back soon

If you have any existing pre orders and want to find out if hmv will be processing an order you can contact HMV using twitter

Follow HMV twitter Help and get them to follow you so you can DM as in send private messages
https://twitter.com/hmvUKHelp

HMV Help have tweeted this
Please feel free to DM us your order number/numbers and we will be more than happy to look into this for you

Well I had First Man preordered & nothing turned up for that so I'd be assuming the same for all other orders as the online store is gone.

If this does turn up with no confirmation of it dispatching, I'll also have a spare sealed copy to sell as I've ordered it from Zavvi.

Arrived today. Awful finish. Shame because it’s decent art

Bit of an arse as I assumed they weren’t going to fulfil it and ordered from Zavvi so now have 2 copies in the way!!
Damn maybe I will get charged twice too then! :(
Anyone who want a copy sealed at retail cost PM me.
If this does turn up with no confirmation of it dispatching, I'll also have a spare sealed copy to sell as I've ordered it from Zavvi.

Ninja Week 2019 is coming up guys!

Just sayin'...... :naughty:

The German one has a completely different cover which is spot glossed (along with the pumpkin on the rear) and has the superior original title font used on the spine.

You mean the German 4K UHD Steelbook. Universal also release a regular Blu-ray Steelbook with the exact same artwork like in the USA , UK, Spain and Italy. ;-)

Yes, from what I can see the finish is disappointing especially for 30 notes . . . matte + no spot-glossing and none of the touches one would like to see for this layout of cash . . . metallic reflections on first class front art just about saves it from being a total disappointment though . . . but again more often than I'd like decidedly inferior to The Americas edition:-
1551142639249.png

The poster looks more vibrant ...
1551143246815.png

... and can't fathom why a zero or gloss varnish was not used for this steelbook

Last edited:
No dispatch email, no nothing but the HMV copy turned up this morning. Pretty annoyed over this as I had reached out to them over Twitter about it. Now gonna have to email direct to cancel all other preorders that I’ve managed to order elsewhere.