Limited Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2013
Poland
Release date: September 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.De
Price: 85 Euro

51u4c0Ny32L.jpg

I have re-ordered the Crow with this one, to have less on the shipping.
However i am little bit tired of double dipping on the same titles. I think they should focus on othere untouched by Limited Edition titles.

Reactions: DJ IXS
So... a mini poster, some art cards, what looks like a bottle opener (random) and a 3 disc edition in a wooden box?? :cautious::sour:

I have to say in hands it's just not worth the money, even 60€. Of course it's all a matter of taste and opinion, but in my opinion this edition is a shame for Carpenter's classic. The wood looks cheap, the bottle opener was obviously just the cheapest gimmick they could get and the discs are re-packed. I am a HUGE fan of Michael Myers and especially of the first Halloween which is why I got the film in the German digibook, the US digibook and the UK steelbook. But I won't add this wooden box to my collection, even for 20€, just because I think if I support labels releasing stuff like this, they're going to bring us more of this crap and less quality products. But as I said, of course it's all a matter of taste and opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: Wreck and elle82
I have to say in hands it's just not worth the money, even 60€. Of course it's all a matter of taste and opinion, but in my opinion this edition is a shame for Carpenter's classic. The wood looks cheap, the bottle opener was obviously just the cheapest gimmick they could get and the discs are re-packed. I am a HUGE fan of Michael Myers and especially of the first Halloween which is why I got the film in the German digibook, the US digibook and the UK steelbook. But I won't add this wooden box to my collection, even for 20€, just because I think if I support labels releasing stuff like this, they're going to bring us more of this crap and less quality products. But as I said, of course it's all a matter of taste and opinion.
Thank you for that im definitely not getting it for this price. If it did drop waaaay down i MAY consider it. Maybe. I still dont get the bottle opener. Surely they could have added something a bit better? What made them think fans would like this as an addition to the set? I often wonder why certain pointless things are added to sets like this. As much as i love extras and goodies etc a bottle opener does nothing for me lol

Reactions: Back to the Matrix
Thank you for that im definitely not getting it for this price. If it did drop waaaay down i MAY consider it. Maybe. I still dont get the bottle opener. Surely they could have added something a bit better? What made them think fans would like this as an addition to the set? I often wonder why certain pointless things are added to sets like this. As much as i love extras and goodies etc a bottle opener does nothing for me lol

Due to my experiences with the label, my thoughts on this one are quite simple. They just keep the costs as low as possible. Don't get me wrong, I really like wooden boxes like the German editions of True Grit or Once Upon a Time in the West. They are really well-made, which is why I wouldn't even care spending a bit more of my money, but there's the problem with this edition. I actually like the mediabook in it and wouldn't care too much about the "old" discs, because this would be a usual re-pack - and there are many of those in Germany. But just taking a simple poster (which is useless for me when once folded) and a freaking bottle opener, which doesn't make any sense, is just not worth it for me.

If the wooden box was well-made and there was maybe an okay-made Michael Myers mask in it instead of the bottle opener, I might have even considered paying 80-100€ for it. @elle82

Reactions: elle82
Due to my experiences with the label, my thoughts on this one are quite simple. They just keep the costs as low as possible. Don't get me wrong, I really like wooden boxes like the German editions of True Grit or Once Upon a Time in the West. They are really well-made, which is why I wouldn't even care spending a bit more of my money, but there's the problem with this edition. I actually like the mediabook in it and wouldn't care too much about the "old" discs, because this would be a usual re-pack - and there are many of those in Germany. But just taking a simple poster (which is useless for me when once folded) and a freaking bottle opener, which doesn't make any sense, is just not worth it for me.

If the wooden box was well-made and there was maybe an okay-made Michael Myers mask in it instead of the bottle opener, I might have even considered paying 80-100€ for it. @elle82
I was thinking how awesome it would have been to have added a mask into this set. They would have sold a whole lot more if they had. I own the jurassic park wooden box from germany and i love it. Really love wooden box editions and wouldn't mind paying for them if they decent stuff in them. Which this Halloween set really doesn't have. The media book is nice though. But really they need to think more about what the fans would like. And a mask is an obvious choice in my opinion!

I was thinking how awesome it would have been to have added a mask into this set. They would have sold a whole lot more if they had. I own the jurassic park wooden box from germany and i love it. Really love wooden box editions and wouldn't mind paying for them if they decent stuff in them. Which this Halloween set really doesn't have. The media book is nice though. But really they need to think more about what the fans would like. And a mask is an obvious choice in my opinion!

Indeed! And, if I'm not wrong, there already has been a set including a mask for a very reasonable price (I think it was a commamorative edition from the US on DVD). So it's not like it isn't possible to put a nice appropriate set together...

Reactions: elle82
Indeed! And, if I'm not wrong, there already has been a set including a mask for a very reasonable price (I think it was a commamorative edition from the US on DVD). So it's not like it isn't possible to put a nice appropriate set together...

Yes there is unfortunately I don't own that one! They could definitely put one together but are always making sets as cheap as they can and selling them for crazy prices!

Interesting fact .... the USA digibook art was done by Jay Shaw of Mondo. I was a bit surprised when I learned .... thought I'd share...