Hammer Films - The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray Box Set) (Mill Creek Entertainment) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: Novermber 17, 2020
Purchase links: Mill Creek - Amazon
Price: $109.99 (Mill Creek) - $109.99 (Amazon)

89461_3L-site_540x.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent
89461_3L-site_540x.png

20 Film Set

For more than four decades, Hammer Films’ unique blend of horror, science fiction, thrills and comedy dominated countless drive-ins and movie theaters. Enjoy this massive collection from the darkest corners of the Hammer Imagination!

Featuring 20 Cult-Classics from the infamous Hammer Studios produced in the 50s, 60s and 70s available together for the first time in high-definition!

The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958)
The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960)
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1963)
These Are The Damned (1962)
The Old Dark House (1963)
The Gorgon (1964)
The Snorkel (1958)
Maniac (1963)
Die! Die! My Darling (1965)
Scream of Fear (1961)
Stop Me Before I Kill! (1961)
Never Take Candy From A Stranger (1960)
Cash On Demand (1961)
The Stranglers of Bombay (1960)
The Terror of the Tongs (1961)
The Pirates of Blood River (1962)
The Devil-Ship Pirates (1964)
The Camp on Blood Island (1958)
Yesterday's Enemy (1959)
Creatures the World Forgot (1971)

Tech Specs:
SKU:

UPC:

Language:
English

Genre:
Thriller

Discs:

Format:
Blu-ray
Subtitles:
English Subtitles

Run Time:
2065 min.

Rating:
Not Rated

Region Code:
Region A

Street Date:
2020-11-17

Color:
Color/B&W

• Wow
Reactions: Billy Talent
Hopefully this will be released in EU as well :)
Definitely want to add these to my collection and see them all.
It's a Mill Creek release USA only

StudioCanal and Powerhouse Films have already done box releases in UK and much better video quality and lot of extras in each release there is more box sets to come Volume 6 will be next

Yeah, maybe so, but if I'm not mistaking, those are 4 movies or something for nearly half the price of this one? e.g. HAMMER VOLUME FOUR: FACES OF FEAR - LE
Mill Creek releases are bare bones this 20 film collection is just a repackage of existing releases they have done before no extras
Mill Creek hammer Blu-ray's are lesser picture quality rated from average to bad in comparison to UK powerhouse films releases

Example
The Revenge of Frankenstein (Mill Creek Blu-ray is bad quality - the old columbia DVD release is better)
Powerhouse Films release of The Revenge of Frankenstein is from a New 4K restoration with lot of extras picture and sound quality is fantastic

If you a hammer films fan the powerhouse releases are a must purchase

When the powerhouse limited edition box sets sell out they do standard edition releases of each film with same disc and extras

Mill Creek releases are bare bones this 20 film collection is just a repackage of existing releases they have done before no extras
Mill Creek hammer Blu-ray's are lesser picture quality rated from average to bad in comparison to UK powerhouse films releases

Example
The Revenge of Frankenstein (Mill Creek Blu-ray is bad quality - the old columbia DVD release is better)
Powerhouse Films release of The Revenge of Frankenstein is from a New 4K restoration with lot of extras picture and sound quality is fantastic

If you a hammer films fan the powerhouse releases are a must purchase

When the powerhouse limited edition box sets sell out they do standard edition releases of each film with same disc and extras
I will try to pursuit the LE's at some point. Just can't afford it now, sadly enough :(
Plus the first one is sold out on their site... So will have to do some digging anyway

Reactions: paulboland
I will try to pursuit the LE's at some point. Just can't afford it now, sadly enough :(
Plus the first one is sold out on their site... So will have to do some digging anyway
You can get the standard editions from that box set available from various UK retailers
Same discs that was in the limited edition box set
MANIAC
THE GORGON
THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB
FANATIC

When the limited edition releases sell out Powerhouse do standard editions of each film to purchase separately

If you're a Hammer fan purchase either the Anolis pressings from Germany, the Indicator versions from the UK or the ongoing Shout factory pressings but avoid Mill Creek like the plague. They really are the pits when it comes to blu-ray

20 Films on 10 discs....
Yep, Mill Creek masterworks at their finest.
The only one in the box that Indicator hasn't put out yet is "Creatures The World Forgot" which is available from Amz.fr (if not elsewhere).

20 Films on 10 discs....
Yep, Mill Creek masterworks at their finest.
The only one in the box that Indicator hasn't put out yet is "Creatures The World Forgot" which is available from Amz.fr (if not elsewhere).
Creatures the world forgot will likely be in one of the next hammer box sets still to come from Powerhouse Films

Beware Mill Creek hammer blu-rays are not that great in terms of video quality transfers

Reactions: Grendel
Ultimate collection??? Hah!! I laugh.\

How in the name of Hammer Horror can you call this ULTIMATE in any fashion when it not only doesn't include any Christopher Lee Dracula films, nor Brides of Dracula (which is one of the greatest vampire films on celluloid), or Oliver Reeds amazing performance in Curse of the Werewolf.

I'm left confused and uninspired.

Yeah, I'm well aware of Mill Creek's quality @paulboland , I stopped buying their releases a long time ago. :)
Even if these titles were not all available elsewhere, I'd still wait until they were.

It's truly sad that a companies blu-rays are so bad I'd rather stick to a DVD that go near them with a barge pole.