cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: September 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £14.99

8306602.jpg

Ten years have passed since FBI agent Clarice Starling faced the ingenious Dr. Hannibal Lecter… ten years of watching, wondering and waiting. But now the wait is over. The sophisticated killer re-emerges in Florence, Italy, ready to entice Clarice into their old game of cat-and-mouse. Yet she isn’t the only one interested in capturing him. Another mind with a dubious motive – ravenous vengeance – also wishes to stake his claim to the enigma that is Hannibal. But of these three brilliant minds, whose cunning will prevail? Only one thing is certain.
Special features:
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR RIDLEY SCOTT
• BREAKING THE SILENCE: THE MAKING OF HANNIBAL
• DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY
• ALTERNATE ENDING WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

Last edited by a moderator:
Please be white..although looks metal and for 15th anniversary could have been bit more exciting. Shame as I have the silence of the lambs one would have liked this too.

Well that's 3 out of 3 Zoom steelbooks with pretty plain artwork. Not the best start for a new steelbook seller...

All 3 are mostly silver (or plain metal?) as well - what's going on there?!

Reactions: Flash
Seen the film far too many times and just find it boring now.
It's always on tv

Steel looks sh*t too so a easy pass for me. Not even on a price drop

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash
It's a universal pictures release
I would not be surprised if this gets released in other European countries

Zoom uk need to ship worldwide if they want to sell out steelbook releases

They are limiting sales by only shipping within the UK

Not the best looking art... could look ok if the red is spot glossed. Interested to see what the back looks like.

It'll be a pass for me anyway, as I'm not a fan of the film.

I like it - and I love the film. Most people expected it to be Silence Of the Lambs II and watched it in the wrong mindset. It is a Grand-Guignol pitch black comedy, not a horror.

Would look very nice in white, which it still might be looking at the spine (?) - white and red = good stuff / can't go easily wrong - and kudos to whoever commissioned this new and original artwork for the front which could look even better if fully de-bossed.
Not easy to guess the artwork for the inside and back as the official posters for the film are really thin on the ground - numbering two in total - with neither making for a good steelbook front (and moreover they are both very similar and one of the two has already been used for the 2009 U.K. Amaray cover).
I'll have a stab at it anyway . . . with this collage of Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore) for the inside and this iconic image of HL for the back:-
upload_2016-7-14_3-48-31.png

When I first saw this mock-up on another site earlier today I was somewhat reminded of the SAW steelbook but then I remembered that hasn't been released yet and may even have been cancelled by . . . whoever decides these things.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Would look very nice in white, which it still might be looking at the spine (?) - white and red = good stuff / can't go easily wrong - and kudos to whoever commissioned this new and original artwork for the front which could look even better if fully de-bossed.
Not easy to guess the artwork for the inside and back as the official posters for the film are really thin on the ground - numbering two in total - with neither making for a good steelbook front (and moreover they are both very similar and one of the two has already been used for the 2009 U.K. Amaray cover).
I'll have a stab at it anyway . . . with this collage of Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore) for the inside and this iconic image of HL for the back:-
View attachment 251756
When I first saw this mock-up on another site earlier today I was somewhat reminded of the SAW steelbook but then I remembered that hasn't been released yet and may even have been cancelled by . . . whoever decides these things.
This SAW steelbook? It got released. I have one.
SAW-10th-Anniversay-Steelbook-Edition-DE.jpg